Windows 10: Changing child password for Family Safety

Discus and support Changing child password for Family Safety in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I have tried EVERYTHING I found on support to change my child's password. I created the account online under my account. I copied the password... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Diana36, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Diana36 Win User

Changing child password for Family Safety

Hi,

I have tried EVERYTHING I found on support to change my child's password. I created the account online under my account. I copied the password wrong. This login has never been used, so when I tried the recovery page, I couldn't "provide enough info", because there is no info to provide. I am locked out and I cannot find an option anywhere to change the password. I would be very thankful if you wouldn't run me through all the option in the forums. I tried them all.

I am logged as admin

I have Windows 10

:)

Diana36, Feb 15, 2019

2. Windows 10 Family safety - child can disable all feature, why?

Hi,

There may be a sync issue with the restrictions that has been applied to the child account. To isolate your concern regarding Family Safety, we recommend that you follow these steps:

• Remove the Child account on the Family Safety website.
    • Change the passwords of your account.
    • Add the Child account again.
    • Add the restrictions to the Child account again.

Keep us updated with the results if your child will still be able to turn off the Family Safety feature after performing the steps above.

Kristoffer Abs, Feb 15, 2019
  3. Family Safety Password Change

Hi,

First, you need to make sure you are logged into the computer as the Administrator. If you setup your children's account as an Administrator, you should be able to change their passwords. Then follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Control Panel.
    • Click on Family Safety and select the child account.
    • On the left navigation pane, select
      Change Password
    • Follow the prompted instructions and check if the password is changed.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Joanna 777, Feb 15, 2019
  4. Rose Ter Win User

How to reset child account password in family safety on win. 10 ?

Hello Earl,

If you are logged in using an Administrator Account and you have set up the child accounts using the same account, then you should be able to change their passwords.

You can follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • Click on Family Safety and select the child account.
    • On the left navigation pane, select Change Password.
    • Follow the prompted instructions and check if the password is changed.

Let us know how it goes.

Rose Ter, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Changing child password for Family Safety - Similar Threads - Changing child password

2. Changing password on child's account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing password on child's account: I have Windows 10 and we lost the password for my child. She has never sent or received an email and the phone number we originally linked to the account has been disconnected. We have no way to retrieve a password with one of the options provided. We cannot complete the...
  3. Change Family Safety email report language

Change Family Safety email report language: Hi, For an unknown reason, I am receiving the email reports for Family Safety in German. I do not know how to change this setting. All the parameters on my Live account are correctly set to French. I read on the forum that some folks encountered the same bug, which was...
  4. Reset childs family account password by parent

Reset childs family account password by parent: Hello, I created an account for my child and added to my family. After granted access to a specific device and tried to log on with this account, we realised that we did not remember the password. We never signed in to microsoft account and when I tried to reset the...
  5. Family Safety.

Family Safety.: I just got my daughter a laptop and added her to my family on Microsoft. How do I change the names of the computers on my account so I can set time limits on just her computer and not mine? The names currently associated with the computers are a bunch of letters and numbers...
  6. Family Safety and seperated parents

Family Safety and seperated parents: Can someone detail what are the important issues two separated parents might have with using Family Safety to manage their children? My son 11, is getting a laptop for high school. He currently has a desktop at my place configured for Family Safety. His account is a child...
  7. Family Safety

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Family Safety: I logged on to a friend's Xbox account using my own Microsoft account. Without realizing it, I opted into his Family Safety as a child. Now my work computer (using same Microsoft account) is limited by his account. How do I remove myself from his account without parental...
  8. Family safety offline alternative

Family safety offline alternative: I would like a family safety alternative that works offline in windows it need to able do all that windows 8 version did which includes: Time limits(how long child can spend and what hours they can use the computer and extra time can be give by admins) Desktop app...
  9. Win10 Family safety: Notifications

Win10 Family safety: Notifications: Hi, I have set up a child account with limits on time used on. So far so good, but can there be any kind of indication of time left? IE a counter, a report by mail every ½ hour used or similar? In case not, can anyone recommend another piece of software, with indication...
  10. Family Safety Screen Time

Family Safety Screen Time: I upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10. I created new Microsoft accounts for my kids and added those accounts to the child accounts in Windows 10. The problem is that the Family Safety screen time that was configured on the Microsoft website are not being enforced on the...