Windows 10: Changing child password for Family Safety

Discus and support Changing child password for Family Safety in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I have tried EVERYTHING I found on support to change my child's password. I created the account online under my account. I copied the password... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Diana36, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Diana36 Win User

Changing child password for Family Safety

Hi,

I have tried EVERYTHING I found on support to change my child's password. I created the account online under my account. I copied the password wrong. This login has never been used, so when I tried the recovery page, I couldn't "provide enough info", because there is no info to provide. I am locked out and I cannot find an option anywhere to change the password. I would be very thankful if you wouldn't run me through all the option in the forums. I tried them all.

I am logged as admin

I have Windows 10

:)

Diana36, Feb 15, 2019

2. Windows 10 Family safety - child can disable all feature, why?

Hi,

There may be a sync issue with the restrictions that has been applied to the child account. To isolate your concern regarding Family Safety, we recommend that you follow these steps:

• Remove the Child account on the Family Safety website.
    • Change the passwords of your account.
    • Add the Child account again.
    • Add the restrictions to the Child account again.

Keep us updated with the results if your child will still be able to turn off the Family Safety feature after performing the steps above.

Kristoffer Abs, Feb 15, 2019
  3. Family Safety Password Change

Hi,

First, you need to make sure you are logged into the computer as the Administrator. If you setup your children's account as an Administrator, you should be able to change their passwords. Then follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Control Panel.
    • Click on Family Safety and select the child account.
    • On the left navigation pane, select
      Change Password
    • Follow the prompted instructions and check if the password is changed.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Joanna 777, Feb 15, 2019
  4. Rose Ter Win User

How to reset child account password in family safety on win. 10 ?

Hello Earl,

If you are logged in using an Administrator Account and you have set up the child accounts using the same account, then you should be able to change their passwords.

You can follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • Click on Family Safety and select the child account.
    • On the left navigation pane, select Change Password.
    • Follow the prompted instructions and check if the password is changed.

Let us know how it goes.

Rose Ter, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Changing child password for Family Safety - Similar Threads - Changing child password

2. Family safety child adminstrator error

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family safety child adminstrator error: I am having an issue with family safety showing my child as having administrator access, which is not true. This seems to be a serious issue with a lot of people and I want to know if Microsoft is going to fix the issue or not. If they aren't going to fix the issue then maybe...
  3. Family safety child adminstrator error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety child adminstrator error: I am having an issue with family safety showing my child as having administrator access, which is not true. This seems to be a serious issue with a lot of people and I want to know if Microsoft is going to fix the issue or not. If they aren't going to fix the issue then maybe...
  4. Microsoft Family Safety removing a child

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Safety removing a child: My daughter is now a lot older and so if I remove her from Microsoft Family Safety does this remove her account from the PC ?I just want to remove the Microsoft Family Safety control but allow her to access the computer as normal. She has a lot of school work that I do not...
  5. Family Safety Child is not an Administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety Child is not an Administrator: I have entered a child's account in Family Safety. The account on the PC is a standard user! But when I click on the child in the Familiy Safety admin console, I get the message: "Child is set as administrator to PCNAME, therefore certain Family Safety features will not...
  6. Family Safety Child is not an Administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Safety Child is not an Administrator: I have entered a child's account in Family Safety. The account on the PC is a standard user! But when I click on the child in the Familiy Safety admin console, I get the message: "Child is set as administrator to PCNAME, therefore certain Family Safety features will not...
  7. Child account in family safety is no visible

Child account in family safety is no visible: Try to remove child account from parent account but found that the child account is not visible to the parent account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/child-account-in-family-safety-is-no-visible/dbaea43e-81d9-41ac-a45e-6cdb3ed2170d
  8. remove a child in family safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remove a child in family safety: I can't remove my child from the family safety in Microsoft.The e-mailadress from my child is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** e-mailadres is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** am not aloud to remove Evian, I do not understand why.Can you help me?Greets,...
  9. remove a child in family safety

remove a child in family safety: I can't remove my child from the family safety in Microsoft.The e-mailadress from my child is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** e-mailadres is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** am not aloud to remove Evian, I do not understand why.Can you help me?Greets,...
  10. Family safety child adminstrator error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety child adminstrator error: Hello,So on microsoft Fam Safety it says that my child is an Adminstrator so features wont work.I have gone to the Fam accounts settings page of that computer checked the ID in About PC and it is correct. She is NOT an administrator on that PC. So Im not sure what to do! She...