Windows 10: Changing Child's email address in Microsoft Family

Discus and support Changing Child's email address in Microsoft Family in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My children both have new email addresses...can I update their email without deleting and redoing their logins? Thank you!!!... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Katie A A, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Katie A A Win User

Changing Child's email address in Microsoft Family

My children both have new email addresses...can I update their email without deleting and redoing their logins?

Thank you!!!

:)

Katie A A, Sep 2, 2020
  2. Liz Anne Win User

Wrong "adult" email address used in family setup

Your suggestion to click on "remove family member" does not work for Alexander because he is the child account and this option does not exist on the child side of the family.

We do not want to create a new email address for him because the current email address is heavily used. Changing it would create a huge problem.

Thank you for further suggestions.

Liz Anne, Sep 2, 2020
  3. Family Accounts - Edit Child's email address

How do I change my child's email address under my family?

I've deleted their old email account and created a new one.

Thanks.

Mell0wYell0w, Sep 2, 2020
  4. Changing Child's email address in Microsoft Family

Microsoft family features - child profile not working properly

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the family features are not working properly on the child account.

• When you say, “I removed the profile, and had him login again”, did you remove the account from the family or from the PC?

Regarding the app issue: Since you receive the message to look for an app from store while accessing the link to fix the child account issue. I suggest you to follow the steps to
    re-register the apps.

1. Press and hold the Windows key + X.
    2. Select Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    3. Type the command and hit Enter on the keyboard: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    4. Restart the PC.

In addition, you can also try removing the child account from family and adding it again to the family. Refer the article

Remove members from your family group and
    Add members to your family group.

Regarding the email address on the login page:
    Do you see verify option under accounts in settings?

If you are able to see the verify option under accounts in settings page, I suggest you to try verifying the account and check if that helps.

1. Go to Settings >
      Accounts > Your info.
    2. Under the Email address click on
      Verify.
    3. Enter the code, which will be sent to your
      email address or mobile number.
    4. Click on Next to verify the account.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

Changing Child's email address in Microsoft Family

1. Changing Child's email address in Microsoft Family - Similar Threads - Changing Child's email

2. Changing email address in Microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing email address in Microsoft: I tried to follow the directions to changing my email on the Microsoft settings but when I tried it comes up with "We couldn't sign you in.. my name... and my old email address ... An illegal state change was requested."I have no access to this old email address and cannot...
  3. Changing email address in Microsoft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing email address in Microsoft: I tried to follow the directions to changing my email on the Microsoft settings but when I tried it comes up with "We couldn't sign you in.. my name... and my old email address ... An illegal state change was requested."I have no access to this old email address and cannot...
  4. Email address and family account.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Email address and family account.: Hi. I have a family account. My son have two accounts. I can't find the email address on one of them. I put money on this account. How can I find the email for this Microsoft account? Thank you...
  5. Email address and family account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email address and family account.: Hi. I have a family account. My son have two accounts. I can't find the email address on one of them. I put money on this account. How can I find the email for this Microsoft account? Thank you...
  6. Email address and family account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Microsoft Family - changing adult account to child

Microsoft Family - changing adult account to child: Hi - eldest child has been using my Microsoft account on his XBox One, I'd now like to be able to manage it as a child account. From reading around, I understand I can: create a new adult account for me; remove my old adult account from the family; add the old account...
  8. Microsoft family - change Childs date of birth

Microsoft family - change Childs date of birth: Hi all how can I change the date of birth of a child in my microsoft family account. I'm stuck in a loop of selecting "manage my child's profile information" then to the "manage permissions" page - which tells me that in some places only adult members of the 'family' can...
  9. Microsoft Password Email Address Change

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Password Email Address Change: I have many files and folders on onedrive. I would like to change eventually delete my primary alias. I intend on creating a second alias and make that my primary before eventually deleting my original primary alias. With that being said, I surely do not want to lose and...
  10. Family Microsoft Account and Changing Child Password

Family Microsoft Account and Changing Child Password: Beyond frustrated w Microsoft right now. There is no helpful info on any threads that tell how to change a child's Microsoft account password that is under a Family account. She cannot log in to anything because we don't remember the password. Is there a way to change the...