Windows 10: Changing colors in personal display mode

Discus and support Changing colors in personal display mode in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hoping somebody out there can assist me. When I change the color settings on my screen to "match" a theme pic, I often need to go to find my own... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AnniBeale, Mar 24, 2019.

1. AnniBeale Win User

Changing colors in personal display mode

Hoping somebody out there can assist me.

When I change the color settings on my screen to "match" a theme pic, I often need to go to find my own "color" setup. However, most of these are unusable because the contrast between dark and light is too small. For example: If I choose the color dark purple, the lighter purple used in contrast is difficult to differentiate because it is only a few shade lighter, and the color of the text is often invisible.

Is there any way I can manually change these setups, thereby solving the visibility problem/issue? This was easily done with earlier versions of Windows.

Thanks for any assistance.

AnniBeale

:)

AnniBeale, Mar 24, 2019

2. Window background color - I don't appear to be able to do this on windows 10 as the change color scheme bit isn't there.

Hi Anton,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change color scheme for Windows 10 and check if it helps.

• Right click on “Desktop screen”.
    • Then click on “Personalize”.
    • Click on “Colors”.
    • And change the color accordingly.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 24, 2019
  3. Changing the taskbar color to white in Windows 10

Hi Michael,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

In Windows 10 there is no option for changing the color to white but you can change it to different colors. To change the color of the task bar I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then select personalization.
    • Click on color option on the left side.
    • You will find an option called “show color on start, taskbar and start icon”.
    • You need to on the option and then you can change the color accordingly.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 24, 2019
  4. Changing colors in personal display mode

change desktop background color

Hi,

To change the desktop background into a solid color, see the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop, and select Personalize.
    • Under Personalization, select Background.
    • On the right pane, click on the drop-down menu for Background, and then select
      Solid color.
    • Choose your preferred color and it should immediately make changes.

Let us know how it goes.

Patricia Yu, Mar 24, 2019
Thema:

Changing colors in personal display mode

1. Changing colors in personal display mode - Similar Threads - Changing colors personal

2. Games changing windows personalization colors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games changing windows personalization colors: Whenever I open any game on my Windows 11 PC, it changes my windows personalization colors. Example being the taskbar going from the Purple i set it to, to a dark grey. Is there any fix?...
  3. Games changing windows personalization colors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games changing windows personalization colors: Whenever I open any game on my Windows 11 PC, it changes my windows personalization colors. Example being the taskbar going from the Purple i set it to, to a dark grey. Is there any fix?...
  4. automatic display color scheme changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    automatic display color scheme changing: Hey!im facing a problem in my laptop that the color scheme/settings are automatically adjusted to a warmer tone when i wake it from sleep or power it on. im using intel UHD G1 31.0.101.2121 graphics for display output, W11 22H2...
  5. Can't change display settings or personalization

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change display settings or personalization: HelloWhile I can open Windows settings, once I search for a specific setting, it wont open.If I press Personalization in windows settings, it only allows me to change the font, and in System I can only change sound settings.I can't change brightness nor a simple wallpaper.Do...
  6. change display color

change display color: change display color https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-display-color/46fd565a-6556-4f8c-9295-3c4fc882f932
  7. Windows 10 Personalization Color Modes

Windows 10 Personalization Color Modes: For the last two weeks or so, windows keeps switching my dark mode settings to custom mode wherein windows is set to dark mode and apps to light mode. This occurs with each reboot. My display drivers and UEFI/BIOS drivers are updated as per both intel and lenovo. I've tried...
  8. Change colors in dark mode

Change colors in dark mode: A friend told me that he can change the shading by choosing an option in the dark mode, but he didn't want to tell me what the option is, I'm not very technical, so I prefer to ask in this community. Thank you very much for who can help me....
  9. NOTEPAD changed the color/tempature of the display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NOTEPAD changed the color/tempature of the display: So this issue has cropped up in the past. I had to wipe the system to get this taken care of. I want to know how to fix it without taking drastic measures. I heard mention that it's an outdated display driver well I highly doubt that since I just removed all display drivers...
  10. change display colors

change display colors: My computer now shows a osplay of black background with yellow letters ans numbers. How do I return to the factory settings?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-display-colors/a4407abe-3c96-4c8c-b111-0fdc0611e9c9