Windows 10: changing column settings for all folders

Discus and support changing column settings for all folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; how can I set all of my file manager column settings to be the same? it is frustrating AF!!!!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by William Souders, Dec 23, 2019.

1. changing column settings for all folders

how can I set all of my file manager column settings to be the same? it is frustrating AF!!!!

:)

William Souders, Dec 23, 2019

2. my mailbox display no longer shows my folders and I cannot change the columns to display choices or messages

My e-mail display has changed and I can no longer get multiple columns nor the list with folders, I previously was able to get three columns now I cannot change the view …..cannot find any help from the MS Edge or display suggestions

Help -- how do I return to my previous settings and display

Diane M Lynch, Dec 23, 2019
  3. Ernie San Win User
    why won't column headings in File Explorer (Windows 10) stay the way I set them??

Hello,

To resolve the issue with column heading on File Explorer, we suggest to follow the steps below:

• Click on the View Tab.
    • Click Folder Options.

• Click Apply to all folders.
    Keep us posted.

Regards.

Ernie San, Dec 23, 2019
  4. Geethu B Win User

changing column settings for all folders

How do I set all the column headings to the column headings I want to see for all my music folders in Windows 10

Hi Allan,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To change which columns to appear in Music Folder, you may try these steps:

a. You may open the music folder and click on View Tab.

b. Click on Add Columns.

c. Click More Columns.

d. Select the required columns and also you can
    move it up and down.

But when you create a new folder these changes will not appear in that folder. You may have to make these changes manually on the new folder.

I suggest you to leave a feedback about the same on Windows Feedback app.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Dec 23, 2019
Thema:

changing column settings for all folders

1. changing column settings for all folders - Similar Threads - changing column settings

2. How to apply folder column Length and # to all subfolders ONLY

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to apply folder column Length and # to all subfolders ONLY: I'd like to apply "#" and "Length" columns to every subfolder inside of my Music folder. Not system wide. Is there anyway possible to do this quickly without manually editing hundreds of folders?Please don't copypasta the troll "Folder Options>Apply to folders" which applies...
  3. Number of Folder columns

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Number of Folder columns: I had something very different happen, and I don’t know how, on my Microsoft Windows 10 desktop. But one result is that on displaying a folder, it shows all contents in one column instead of the multiple columns, as before. I have tried the various options under “Home”,...
  4. Number of Folder columns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Number of Folder columns: I had something very different happen, and I don’t know how, on my Microsoft Windows 10 desktop. But one result is that on displaying a folder, it shows all contents in one column instead of the multiple columns, as before. I have tried the various options under “Home”,...
  5. Number of Folder columns

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Add column to folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Add column to folder: Is it possible to add a column to a folder, that can be typed in, like when using a table? Thank you 159861
  7. How can I change the default column widths for ALL windows explorer folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I change the default column widths for ALL windows explorer folders: I know how to change the width, but my changes don't stick. The default in windows is 4 columns, and 2 of them truncate the data in them and need to be widened to see the full name/data of these columns. I have more than half of the width of this folder as unused,...
  8. Apply folder columns to all subfolders and a backup

in Windows 10 Support
    Apply folder columns to all subfolders and a backup: I'd like to have my music albums and movies in folders with 8-10 columns for every folder, like 500 folders with sub-sub-sub folders if you know what I mean. I need to apply manually these 8-10 columns for each folder I want to have it the way I want, and then if something...
  9. How to add a new column to the Pictures folder and all sub-folders?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to add a new column to the Pictures folder and all sub-folders?: I have a lot of pictures of my granddaughter taken by my camera, my daughter’s camera & phone, and my son-in-law’s phone at the same place and time. For example, we were all at Disney World at the same time. I would like to add the “Camera model” to all Details views to...
  10. Size All Columns to Fit for Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Size All Columns to Fit for Folder in Windows 10: How to: Size All Columns to Fit for Folder in Windows 10 How to Size Width of All Columns to Fit for Folder in Windows 10 In Windows, you can change the layout view of the content of your folders to how you like. When you are using a details layout view for items in...