Windows 10: Changing computer: Keeping my windows 10 account.

Discus and support Changing computer: Keeping my windows 10 account. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hey! How do I keep my windows 10 account when purchasing a brand new computer? I have bought games in Windows 10 store and I would like to keep and... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Hinjima, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Hinjima Win User

Changing computer: Keeping my windows 10 account.

Hey! How do I keep my windows 10 account when purchasing a brand new computer? I have bought games in Windows 10 store and I would like to keep and download them on the brand new computer. The computer will come with windows 10 already installed, do I just log in with my windows 10 account? How does it work?

Thanks, .

:)

Hinjima, Jun 14, 2018
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Changing computer: Keeping my windows 10 account. :(

Zakin, Jun 14, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jun 14, 2018
  4. Changing computer: Keeping my windows 10 account.

Windows 10 User Account Name Change Doesn't Take

Hi,

We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Type Manage your Accounts
      in the search bar
    • Click on Your Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in with a local account instead.
    • Enter the Microsoft password if prompted.
    • Follow the on screen instructions to configure Local account.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Follow the same steps and change to Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.
    • Sing in to Cortana, Windows store and check.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 14, 2018
Thema:

Changing computer: Keeping my windows 10 account.

1. Changing computer: Keeping my windows 10 account. - Similar Threads - Changing computer Keeping

2. Something keeps changing my computer name to Administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something keeps changing my computer name to Administrator: One of the pc's in my network keeps changing it's name to Administrator. If I change it back to what I need it to be and restart, it works but only until the next restart where something changes it back to Administrator. None of my other computers are affected by this. It...
  3. Changing Accounts on Computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Accounts on Computer: How do i change the primary email account to another on my computer? The administrator says its email is under my Childs email address, where i want it to be under my own and remove my Childs Microsoft account from my computer all together. When i look up this online it says...
  4. Change from primary microsoft account to local account on Windows 10 but keeping my...

Change from primary microsoft account to local account on Windows 10 but keeping my...: Hi,i've recently lost access to the microsoft account i have as primary account on my pc. I would like to remove this account but keeping my files,setting and apps. I've already set another microsoft account i own and set a new local account but when i sign in to these, all...
  5. Can't change my computer's primary windows account.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't change my computer's primary windows account.: I recently upgraded my motherboard and windows is telling me I need to reactivate it. After some searching, I figured out how to do it, but it requires me to sign in to my Microsoft account. No big deal normally, but I noticed the account it wanted me to sign in to was my...
  6. My computer volume keeps changing randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer volume keeps changing randomly: I have been experiencing this problem for like 2 weeks or so. At first I thought it was my headphone but no. When I listen to Spotify the volume randomly goes low and back to normal without moving the slider. Does anyone know how to fix this? submitted by /u/MrDweep...
  7. computer resolution keeps changing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    computer resolution keeps changing: My display resolution keeps changing from native (1680x1050) to the lowest setting (800x600) for no reason. i tried to look up ways to fix it but nothing works, all my drivers are updated but it keeps happening. its happens when i'm in the middle of playing a game or watching...
  8. Languages on my computer keep changing.

Languages on my computer keep changing.: The two preferred languages I use to type on my computer are English and Chinese but I prefer to keep everything on my computer in English. Sometimes the names of all Windows 10 default apps and the language of some other apps such as Speedtest that I downloaded from...
  9. Windows 10 [3 computers same account] Keyboard language keeps changing at startup

Windows 10 [3 computers same account] Keyboard language keeps changing at startup: Hi, I have 3 different computers, with 3 different keyboard layout and I log on them with the same windows live account. The problem is that when I switch from one computer (home FR keyboard) to another (work US keyboard or my old laptop with SV keyboard) at startup,...
  10. Keeping my windows 10 account when changing computer.

in Windows 10 Support
    Keeping my windows 10 account when changing computer.: Hey! How do I keep my windows 10 account when purchasing a brand new computer? I have bought games in Windows 10 store and I would like to keep and download them on the brand new computer. The computer will come with windows 10 already installed, do I just log in with my...