Windows 10: Changing computer Microsoft Administrator when password unknown and reset details says it's...

Discus and support Changing computer Microsoft Administrator when password unknown and reset details says it's... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, We have an office computer that a previous employee had changed to have their personal email linked to our office computer as the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Shayla-OA, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Shayla-OA Win User

Changing computer Microsoft Administrator when password unknown and reset details says it's...

Hello,

We have an office computer that a previous employee had changed to have their personal email linked to our office computer as the administrator. They've since been moved to a different division of the company and we're trying to set up the computer for the employee who is now requiring this computer. However, we can't lose any of the documents etc that's on this computer and we've talked to the employee who changed this to their personal email as the administrator and he said he can't remember the password and has tried resetting it by saying forgot password and entered his information and yet he keeps getting an email stating that his information provided to change the password was wrong.

Help please we just need to change the email set up as microsoft administrator without losing any of the documents or saved data in the computer.

Thanks

:)

Shayla-OA, Jan 6, 2021
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Change or reset your Windows password

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Jan 6, 2021
  3. Password reset wizard

Hi Phil,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Are you referring to Local account or Microsoft account?

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    If you are referring to reset Microsoft account password, I suggest you to refer to the below link:

Reset your password

To reset the password for Local account, follow the below steps.

• Type setting in the search area on the task bar and select
      Settings.

• Select Accounts option.

• Select the Sign In Option from the left panel of the window.

• Click on Change button, under
      Change your account password

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jan 6, 2021
  4. simrick Win User

Changing computer Microsoft Administrator when password unknown and reset details says it's...

Computer refuses signon with unknown password

Hi Freddel and welcome to Tenforums.

That's odd. You don't have any Microsoft account which someone may have signed in to, changing the computer's local account to an MS account? (of course, this would also change the username you see at login.)

If you have System Restore turned on, you could try restoring to a point in time before this happened.

If no restore points exist, you could turn on the hidden administrator account, and remove the password from your user account that way. Since you can't get into your account, you'd need to accomplish this using Option #4 in the tutorial.

simrick, Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

1. Changing computer Microsoft Administrator when password unknown and reset details says it's... - Similar Threads - Changing computer Microsoft

2. changed vocabulary, spelling, pronouncing, changing passwords UNKNOWN PASSWORD, resets,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    changed vocabulary, spelling, pronouncing, changing passwords UNKNOWN PASSWORD, resets,...: Two days ago my vocabulary changed to an ethnic spelling, pronunciation, slang. The words 'the' to 'tuh', 'I' to 'me', 'kids' to 'keeds', 'wife' to 'wif', etc. I would receive or send a sentence like this: I have no money right now because my wife and kids spent it on...
  3. Cannot reset password for Microsoft Teams, says contact organisation administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot reset password for Microsoft Teams, says contact organisation administrator: I tried to log into Microsoft Teams. I used my personal email address, and password for my Microsoft account. This gives me incorrect pasword error. So I try "forgot my password". But it tells me that the email address is registered to an organisation and I must contact the...
  4. ADMINISTRATOR PASSWORD RESET

ADMINISTRATOR PASSWORD RESET: I HAVE FORGOTTEN MY ADMINISTRATOR PASSWORD FOR WINDOWS 10. HOW CAN I FIND IT OR RESETT IT PLEASE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-password-reset/747cd9d6-0413-4a7c-b88b-1b93e16c55c3
  5. change or reset administrator password

change or reset administrator password: Don't know administrator password and it's my computer! How can I change or reset it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-or-reset-administrator-password/234d7540-1eca-4694-b92f-2b297fd01f1f
  6. reset administrator password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    reset administrator password: hi! im currently using my brother’s laptop. i need to update a software that requires the admin password. however, he forgot the password. how do i reset it? i cant log in the admin acc :...
  7. reset administrator password

reset administrator password: Hi, I forgot the administrator password how can you help me, please Thanks Noor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-administrator-password/faefd243-0f18-4e1d-9da6-1b6554ce5e30"
  8. reset administrator password without current administrator password

reset administrator password without current administrator password: I have looked at the posted Q&A related to resetting administrator password and followed the advice provided in an attempt to solve my problem but without a solution for my issue. When the password was created I was unaware of the ability to recover a password using a form...
  9. Reset Administrator Password

Reset Administrator Password: How do I reset my forgotten administrator password on my pc when I have password protect blocking me from doing anything to make changes to other user accounts?...
  10. Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account: My wife has upgraded to Windows 10 and was using her login details with no problem. When she needed to install a HP Printer Driver, a Microsoft Account was asked for. She couldn't remember her details so we used mine. Now there is an Administrator account under my name...