Windows 10: Changing computer name via Control Panel broke Azure AD login

Discus and support Changing computer name via Control Panel broke Azure AD login in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all, I have a Windows 10 laptop. In the past, generally change computer names via Settings > About > Rename this PC. This time however, I changed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Simon Lee (simonl), Jan 28, 2019.

1. Changing computer name via Control Panel broke Azure AD login

Hi all,

I have a Windows 10 laptop. In the past, generally change computer names via Settings > About > Rename this PC.

This time however, I changed the computer name via Control Panel > System and Security > System > Computer name, domain and workgroup settings.

The laptop restarted as expected, but when it came to logging in it would not accept my password or any other users credentials. It's Azure AD joined, so we haven't setup a local admin account (per se). So now I have a laptop that no-one can log into.

Any ideas on how to get around this? I'd rather not re-install Windows if possible.

:)

Simon Lee (simonl), Jan 28, 2019

2. unable to login in windows 10 with 'Azure AD' after updates

Hello,

In my company (IBM),

My problem's unable to login in windows 10 with 'Azure AD' after updates i don't see the email and pin for the user on computer it's seems like remove.

Last 3-4 monthes i looking in google search on this issue and i find how to solved this issue, now i have same issue.

I remember on solved step by step:

1. login with local account (like adminstrator).

2. and than create new local user account (like test)

3. login with new local user (test)

4. click on settings - account - remove the acount 'Azure AD'

5. restart your computer and login with local user account (test)

6. join to 'Azure AD' with detalis for user account

7. and welcome back.

i don't find now in forum and etc...

i apprise you if you help me.

thanks and regards,

Adir B.j

AdirJoseph, Jan 28, 2019
  3. Changing Computer Name

I'd like to change the name of my computer by the following steps:

Control Panel

System & Security

System

Computer name, domain & workgroup settings

Change settings

What are the ramifications of doing this?

GaryDelnevo, Jan 28, 2019
  4. Darshan J Win User

Changing computer name via Control Panel broke Azure AD login

My Computer and Control Panel have (1) next to them after update

Hi Daniel,

There is no option to rename Apps on the Start menu, you can change the size and pattern of the tiles but not the name. Let’s try to unpin the icons from start menu and Pin them again to start menu.

Method 1:

To unpin app from the start menu. To unpin follow the steps below.

• Open Start screen, Select the My computer.
    • Right click on the My computer icon.
    • From the options, select Unpin from start.
    • Once you have unpinned my computer and control panel from start menu, pin them again to start menu again and check if it helps. To pin the icon to start menu follow the steps below.
    • Right click on My computer icon.
    • From the options, select pin to start.
    Note: Repeat the above steps for control panel icon.

Method 2:

• Right click on the control panel Icon on start menu, select more and click on open file location.
    • Select control panel icon, right click on it and select rename and change the name.
    • Once the name is changed right click on control panel icon and select pin to start option.

Note: Repeat the above steps for My PC or My computer icon.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Darshan J, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

Changing computer name via Control Panel broke Azure AD login

1. Changing computer name via Control Panel broke Azure AD login - Similar Threads - Changing computer name

2. My computer keeps login in on Azure AD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer keeps login in on Azure AD: Hello guys! I have a strange bug where my computer keeps login into Azure AD after every PC restart even without a work or school account used. I do not have outlook or office connected to a work account and I do not use an online user for my computer only a local oneWhat can...
  3. My computer keeps login in on Azure AD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer keeps login in on Azure AD: Hello guys! I have a strange bug where my computer keeps login into Azure AD after every PC restart even without a work or school account used. I do not have outlook or office connected to a work account and I do not use an online user for my computer only a local oneWhat can...
  4. Unable to login to VM via RDP using Azure AD credentials...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to login to VM via RDP using Azure AD credentials...: Hey there, Microsoft community, I have a client using a Lenovo ThinClient with Windows 10 ioT installed. They are using it to login to a Windows 10 VM on a Scale NUC not an Azure VM via Remote Desktop Connection and they are to use their Azure AD credentials to remote in.The...
  5. Unable to login to VM via RDP using Azure AD credentials...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to login to VM via RDP using Azure AD credentials...: Hey there, Microsoft community, I have a client using a Lenovo ThinClient with Windows 10 ioT installed. They are using it to login to a Windows 10 VM on a Scale NUC not an Azure VM via Remote Desktop Connection and they are to use their Azure AD credentials to remote in.The...
  6. Unable to login to VM via RDP using Azure AD credentials...

7. Window 10 Azure Ad computer login issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window 10 Azure Ad computer login issues: We have now had 4 machines with issues having no login screen showing after a reboot of their device and install of the June 2022 patch. In this release they stated there is an issue with ARM devices and the logins but I do not have ARM devices. At this moment we have been...
  8. Window 10 Azure Ad computer login issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 10 Azure Ad computer login issues: We have now had 4 machines with issues having no login screen showing after a reboot of their device and install of the June 2022 patch. In this release they stated there is an issue with ARM devices and the logins but I do not have ARM devices. At this moment we have been...
  9. Window 10 Azure Ad computer login issues

10. name in the control panel

in Windows 10 Support
    name in the control panel: Hi, this is an insignificant thing - but it bothers me. How do I make my username appear in the "control panel"? Can it be set up somewhere or can it be fixed in the registry without data loss or reinstallation? Well thank you. [img] 173961

Users found this page by searching for:

1. azure ad via control panel system

2. joining azure ad in control pannel

3. remove computer from azure control panel