Windows 10: Changing computer with windows 10 home fpp serial key with pro upgrade from microsoft store.

Discus and support Changing computer with windows 10 home fpp serial key with pro upgrade from microsoft store. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I have one query. I bought a windows 10 home fpp serial key. And I want to upgrade windows 10 pro. As I checked, I can upgrade from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by seokilKang, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Changing computer with windows 10 home fpp serial key with pro upgrade from microsoft store.

Hello, I have one query.

I bought a windows 10 home fpp serial key.

And I want to upgrade windows 10 pro.

As I checked, I can upgrade from microsoft store.

But I wonder if I change computer, what about my serial key?

case 1. My serial key was windows 10 home fpp key, so only able to use home edition.

case 2. My serial key was windows 10 home fpp key, but it was upgraded to pro edition from previous computer. So I can use pro edition with new computer.

Which case would be correct?

Thanks

:)

seokilKang, Dec 1, 2020

2. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Dec 1, 2020
  3. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Your ild keys should work but if you registered the key to your online ms persona (email address) it should be tied to your account , install without a key login with your credentials , then activate.

theoneandonlymrk, Dec 1, 2020
  4. pigulici Win User

Changing computer with windows 10 home fpp serial key with pro upgrade from microsoft store.

How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Yes, still work, no need to call, just be sure to have internet access when you start to install 10, I work at pc shop and did this few days ago, used a key of 7 to put clean 10(wasn't used for upgrade).

pigulici, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

Changing computer with windows 10 home fpp serial key with pro upgrade from microsoft store.

1. Changing computer with windows 10 home fpp serial key with pro upgrade from microsoft store. - Similar Threads - Changing computer home

2. How to upgrade windows 11 home to pro from Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to upgrade windows 11 home to pro from Microsoft store: Hi How to upgrade windows 11 home to pro from Microsoft store .Please helpThanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-upgrade-windows-11-home-to-pro-from/348a2f50-11d1-4e24-8cfc-61bd02c2fc4d
  3. Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Home version; Microsoft Store Purchase "Digital Key"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Home version; Microsoft Store Purchase "Digital Key": I purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade through Microsoft Store. The installation did not complete and on-line help said I needed to apply all available updates to existing Windows 10 Home edition prior to upgrade. Applied updates requiring reboot. Once re-booted, there was no way...
  4. Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro via Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro via Microsoft Store: I an activated Windows 10 Home machine and I decided to do the upgrade to Pro. Using the upgrade process via the Microsoft Store, I selected the Pro version instead of the Workstation alternative.After clicking the Install button for the Windows 10 Pro upgrade, the...
  5. Upgrading win 10 home to win10 pro from microsoft store

Upgrading win 10 home to win10 pro from microsoft store: what happens when we are upgrading win 10 home to win10 pro from the Microsoft store, does all the data are lost from the OS driver, which includes software, or It may be available as same even when upgradation....
  6. win 10 upgrade from home to pro, fails upgrade from Microsoft store.

win 10 upgrade from home to pro, fails upgrade from Microsoft store.: I purchased home to pro upgrade from Microsoft store. Upgrade install gets to 99% then fails with error code 0xc004f050. According to Microsoft this is an activation error. My account shows the purchase. I have done; wsreset.exe, ran activation trouble shooter, ran update...
  7. Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro from Microsoft Store

Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro from Microsoft Store: Hi, I brought the Windows 10 Pro off the Microsoft store, after buying to upgrade nothing happened, after restart my Windows now tells me it is no longer activated and to go to activate Windows, troubleshooting does nothing, signing in and out does nothing, restarting again...
  8. Windows 10 Pro upgrade from home... Via Microsoft Store

Windows 10 Pro upgrade from home... Via Microsoft Store: I downloaded Win 10 pro from Microsoft Store ... Got help to instore.... But day or so after I lost a drive and must have put my computer back to Windows Home..... How can I get back to Windows 10 Pro.......
  9. No option in Microsoft Store to upgrade from home to pro

No option in Microsoft Store to upgrade from home to pro: I literally just got my dell inspiron today and I have spent the entire day trying to follow steps to upgrade the home OS to pro. There is no option to upgrade it. I have reinstalled the OS twice and I'm really getting tired of the tutorials and forums online not helping. I...
  10. Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Windows 10 Home from Microsoft Store fails ...

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Windows 10 Home from Microsoft Store fails ...: Hello, I am trying to upgrade/activate Windows 10 Pro that I purchased through the Microsoft Store for my Acer Aspire Laptop that had come with Windows 10 Home OEM installed. I am able to download the files and Windows performs the upgrade after a couple of minutes and a...