Windows 10: Changing computers & MS account

Discus and support Changing computers & MS account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; If I buy a new laptop / Notebook how do I go about removing current device from my MS account & add the new one.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by IainBarr, Aug 25, 2020.

1. IainBarr Win User

Changing computers & MS account

If I buy a new laptop / Notebook how do I go about removing current device from my MS account & add the new one.

:)

IainBarr, Aug 25, 2020
  2. cereberus Win User

Odd change in MS account list of devices

I was just checking my list of devices in my MS account, and I noticed two od things.

1) My Hyper-V virtual machines are just listed generically as "virtual machines" whereas they always used to be listed as "Hyper-V virtual machines". I liked it that way so I could tell Hyper-V machines separately from VMWARE VMS.

2) One of my VMs is now still listed in my MS account, even though I changed it to a local account. Previously device was always removed if you changed from MSA to local account. This is a good move assuming it is a change, not a glitch as this means the digital licence link will be retained if you changed to a local account for any reason.

cereberus, Aug 25, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 25, 2020
  4. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Aug 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Changing computers & MS account - Similar Threads - Changing computers account

2. Confusing, Baffling, MS Account Changes...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Confusing, Baffling, MS Account Changes...: Hi. On my Windows laptop, I want to remove the current admin account, and replace with a different one. When Googling how to do it, all answers are complete bulls*it. I'm on Windows 11.So, going to 'Settings' > 'Accounts' > 'Email & Accounts', I see the following - the main...
  3. Changing MS Account In Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing MS Account In Windows 10: I want to switch MS accounts on a laptop that I am no longer using, to another family member that has been using it for a while. If I follow the steps in the answer below, will this retain the apps, notes, favorites that the family member already has on this...
  4. Changing MS Account In Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing MS Account In Windows 10: I want to switch MS accounts on a laptop that I am no longer using, to another family member that has been using it for a while. If I follow the steps in the answer below, will this retain the apps, notes, favorites that the family member already has on this...
  5. Can not change MS account to local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can not change MS account to local account: I am running 2004 and I set up my laptop with a MS account, I dont like the fact that it shouts my full name everywhere but the setting does not appear anywhere to log in as a local account which it should and I have followed many guides to fix this and none of them did fix...
  6. Can not change MS account to local account

in Windows 10 Support
    Can not change MS account to local account: I am running 2004 and I set up my laptop with a MS account, I dont like the fact that it shouts my full name everywhere but the setting does not appear anywhere to log in as a local account which it should and I have followed many guides to fix this and none of them did fix...
  7. Changing MS account did not change on computer to match

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing MS account did not change on computer to match: I had a 3 month overlap for my MS account between an email address I can no longer access and the one that I can. Now I can see my account, family, etc, under the new address on the MS website but my laptop never got the change. It still has the old account and complains I...
  8. Switching Computer's MS Account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switching Computer's MS Account: I want to switch my computer's MS account. I use my second account for billing and want to abandon the account that my computer says is the primary administrator. Funny thing is when I login to the account i don't want, it says I'm logged into the account I do want....
  9. Changed ms account, problem with onedrive.

in Browsers and Email
    Changed ms account, problem with onedrive.: I change my ms account to a gmail.com address. The old ms account is set to delete 12/28/2016. My problem is that when I go to onedrive, it wants me to set time zone in outlook.com. When I check option I set language (English US) and time zone (Eastern US). But when I click...
  10. A tip for users changing ms account & ms store.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    A tip for users changing ms account & ms store.: Today I changed my outlook account to my original gmail account. In an earlier post I gave a tip to fix onedrive. This time I found out the the ms store was asking for outlook account password, did not work. Microsoft support could not help either. But refusing to give up I...