Windows 10: Changing computers

Discus and support Changing computers in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My wife bought a new Dell laptop two years ago, from the Microsoft Store in San Francisco. She has had a lot of problems with it. Most recently, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Grandpa Jim, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Changing computers

My wife bought a new Dell laptop two years ago, from the Microsoft Store in San Francisco. She has had a lot of problems with it. Most recently, it just does not respond to the Power button. She can't turn it on!

She now wants to just trash it and buy a new computer. I think the techs at MS--or at Best Buy--can transfer her documents, pics, videos and music from the Dell to her new pc. But we wonder if it will be necessary to purchase Word again or if the license can be transferred from the discarded computer to the new one.

If so, how should she proceed?

:)

Grandpa Jim, Jul 28, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jul 28, 2019
  3. Can't change value for Diagnostic and usage data

We would like to know more about this concern, kindly answer the following:

• May we know the build of the computer?
    • Any changes on the computer prior to this concern?
    • Aside from the suggested troubleshooting steps on this thread, what troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We will be waiting for your response.

Desiree Yau, Jul 28, 2019
  4. cadaveca Win User

Changing computers

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Changing computers :p

cadaveca, Jul 28, 2019
Thema:

Changing computers

1. Changing computers - Similar Threads - Changing computers

2. Hello I have an Acer A315-55g laptop and I just changed my battery. The computer works but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello I have an Acer A315-55g laptop and I just changed my battery. The computer works but...: Hello I have an Acer A315-55g laptop and I just changed Hello I have an Acer A315-55g laptop and I just changed my battery. The computer works but when I open battery or power setting, the setting just crashes. The battery saver button is also unable....
  3. Hello I have an Acer A315-55g laptop and I just changed my battery. The computer works but...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello I have an Acer A315-55g laptop and I just changed my battery. The computer works but...: Hello I have an Acer A315-55g laptop and I just changed Hello I have an Acer A315-55g laptop and I just changed my battery. The computer works but when I open battery or power setting, the setting just crashes. The battery saver button is also unable....
  4. Will changing my computer username cause any problems?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will changing my computer username cause any problems?: I want to change my computer username on Windows 11 but don't know if it will cause any issues. I noticed for files stored locally on my computer, like in the downloads section it has my computer username in it, so I am wondering 2 things:Will changing my computer username...
  5. Will changing my computer username cause any problems?

Will changing my computer username cause any problems?: I want to change my computer username on Windows 11 but don't know if it will cause any issues. I noticed for files stored locally on my computer, like in the downloads section it has my computer username in it, so I am wondering 2 things:Will changing my computer username...
  6. My screen turned light red when I opened my computer how do I change it back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen turned light red when I opened my computer how do I change it back: My screen turned light red when I opened my computer how do I change it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-turned-light-red-when-i-opened-my/3469dd82-7608-4a83-9420-5006e950151d
  7. My screen turned light red when I opened my computer how do I change it back

My screen turned light red when I opened my computer how do I change it back: My screen turned light red when I opened my computer how do I change it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-turned-light-red-when-i-opened-my/3469dd82-7608-4a83-9420-5006e950151d
  8. My screen turned light red when I opened my computer how do I change it back

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Computer won't recognize password ms live change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer won't recognize password ms live change: I have gone through password recovery on my personal windows machine 18 times, but my computer won't recognize my new password and I cannot get the files on my personal computer....
  10. Computer won't recognize password ms live change

Computer won't recognize password ms live change: I have gone through password recovery on my personal windows machine 18 times, but my computer won't recognize my new password and I cannot get the files on my personal computer....