Windows 10: Changing Context Menu and Taskbar font in Win10 1909?

Discus and support Changing Context Menu and Taskbar font in Win10 1909? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This has confused me. For a while I had every font changed within Windows, but the 1909 update reverted the Context Menu and Taskbar to the default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Daxon26, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Daxon26 Win User

Changing Context Menu and Taskbar font in Win10 1909?

This has confused me. For a while I had every font changed within Windows, but the 1909 update reverted the Context Menu and Taskbar to the default Segoe. All other fonts can be changed except these. Even using WinAero Tweaker and registry edits it has no effect.

I have every font altered in WndowsMetrics registry and all the Segoe fonts changed in FontSubstitutes registry, it still has no effect.

It even ignores any changes to font smoothing turned off in Performance Options.

What confuses me even more is that I have another PC that also claims to be on 1909, yet the font is customized.

:)

Daxon26, Mar 15, 2020
  2. Daxon26 Win User

This has confused me. For a while I had every font changed within Windows, but the 1909 update reverted the Context Menu and Taskbar to the default Segoe. All other fonts can be changed except these. Even using WinAero Tweaker and registry edits it has no effect.

I have every font altered in WndowsMetrics registry and all the Segoe fonts changed in FontSubstitutes registry, it still has no effect.

It even ignores any changes to font smoothing turned off in Performance Options.

What confuses me even more is that I have another PC that also claims to be on 1909, yet the font is customized.

Daxon26, Mar 15, 2020
  3. Lange666 Win User
    Context Menu Fonts

Upgraded today to the Windows 10 update.
    Since Windows 7, Windows defaults to the awfull (for my taste at least) Segoe UI font. In Windows 7 and 8 these could still be changed but in Windows 10, Mircrosoft removed that option so the font settings for icons, messages etc are not changeable anymore.

But with a few tweaks in the registry, these could be changed again to my likings.
    But with the upgrade i got today, it seems M$ moved a step up. I can still change the font settings for icons, messages etc... but the context menu's still have the awfull Segoe UI font.
    Can't find any registery key to set these.

Anyone?

Lange666, Mar 15, 2020
  4. srg84 Win User

How to change context menu font? 1709 16299.125

Already done it, but It doesnt look the same, it's like blurry

Changing Context Menu and Taskbar font in Win10 1909? [​IMG]

srg84, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Changing Context Menu and Taskbar font in Win10 1909? - Similar Threads - Changing Context Menu

2. Context menu on taskbar icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Context menu on taskbar icon: I have issue with taskbar icons. When I right click on icon, context menu does not appear. For example, right click on edge should show close window, new window, incognito new window. Does anyone know how to solve this?...
  3. No OneDrive Context Menu in 1909

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No OneDrive Context Menu in 1909: Hi, I've just done a clean installation of Windows 10 on a formatted drive. I've updated to version 1909 Build 18363.900. I'm running OneDrive version 2020 Build 20.064.0329.0008. There's no Context Menu for OneDrive when I click on any files in the OneDrive folder in...
  4. Changing the taskbar and start menu font under Windows 10 1909

Changing the taskbar and start menu font under Windows 10 1909: Hello, Until this morning, I was running Windows 10 1803 and had applied the registry changes to have the Segoe UI font globally replaced by Tahoma. After I made the upgrade to Windows 10 1909, my registry settings for Font substitution were removed, so I went back and did...
  5. Changing the Color of the Context Menu & it's Font

Changing the Color of the Context Menu & it's Font: I would like to change the background color of the general context menus & also their font, but I can't find a way to do it in Windows 10. In Windows XP (I know...long, long ago*Smile), you could right click the desktop, go to Properties > Appearance > Advanced & make all...
  6. Font change -win10 ....

Font change -win10 ....: Why there isn't just one button named "apply" and done.? Why should i spend 20 minutes with searching "how to..." And next 20 min.with "changing" ??? It's only font ,and its Microsoft... I think.......
  7. Context Menu Fonts

Context Menu Fonts: Upgraded today to the Windows 10 update. Since Windows 7, Windows defaults to the awfull (for my taste at least) Segoe UI font. In Windows 7 and 8 these could still be changed but in Windows 10, Mircrosoft removed that option so the font settings for icons, messages etc are...
  8. Black Context Menu for Taskbar and Old Context Menu for Desktop

Black Context Menu for Taskbar and Old Context Menu for Desktop: Hello. Today I got an update, and I noticed afterwards that the Windows 10 context menu when you right click the desktop went back to the old version and not the Windows 10 version. Also, the context menu for right clicking in the taskbar turned black in the background. Not...
  9. How to change context menu font? 1709 16299.125

How to change context menu font? 1709 16299.125: I can't change this font: [img] I need Tahoma 8, to see like this: [img] Thank you. 105847
  10. No taskbar properties in the context menu of the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    No taskbar properties in the context menu of the taskbar: Hi guys, Yesterday I installed Windows 10 Pro and after sometime I noticed that when I right-click on the taskbar I don't have "Properties" option which normally should be. Could you please help me to sort it out. Thank you. 62126