Windows 10: Changing Cortana search to Google

Discus and support Changing Cortana search to Google in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there a way to change the Windows 10 taskbar search to Google without setting Chrome as my default browser, and using an extension? I very much like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/gotthelife11, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Changing Cortana search to Google

Is there a way to change the Windows 10 taskbar search to Google without setting Chrome as my default browser, and using an extension? I very much like the Edge beta, but I prefer Google as my search engine.

submitted by /u/gotthelife11
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/gotthelife11, Nov 27, 2019
  2. Guest1 Win User

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

Guest1, Nov 27, 2019
  3. Guest2 Win User
    Cortana search filter list

I have a lot of space for display content in Cortana search list, and 80% of it not used because Cortana sorting items by types.
    How disable all filters and make visible all suggested content?

Changing Cortana search to Google [​IMG]

Guest2, Nov 27, 2019
  4. Guest3 Win User

Changing Cortana search to Google

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

Guest3, Nov 27, 2019
Thema:

Changing Cortana search to Google

1. Changing Cortana search to Google - Similar Threads - Changing Cortana search

2. Cortana and Search

in Cortana
    Cortana and Search: I deleted Cortana. I now have no search options, apps won't open, and my mouse and keyboard failed a diagnostic test. When I run troubleshooter is says my Windows Search doesn't work. I've tried every suggestion on google search, most I can't try because search doesn't work....
  3. Cortana and Search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana and Search: I performed a virus, malware and clean up of Windows using Tronscript. It did the job except for two things- removed the Search icon and Cortana icon from my Windows tray. I can move Cortana to the tray. However, I can't open it. It tells me need permission from the...
  4. Cortana & Search

in Cortana
    Cortana & Search: Dear Sirs Recently my Cortana has stopped searching, stating that there is no internet connection. However, the internet connection is fine and and strong and nothing else reports this problem. I have no problems browsing at all. What's going on?...
  5. Cortana X Google

in Cortana
    Cortana X Google: Hi Microsoft community! I'm writing to ask if anybody can help me with an issue relating to Cortana working with my Google Calendar. I can link my Google Account with Cortana and Windows 10. In Outlook (mail and calendar) it shows everything I'd need to know (Cortana can...
  6. CORTANA search

in Cortana
    CORTANA search: Hi All, Is there a way to configure CORTANA to search for specific words from a documents contained in specific folder only. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-search/98bd5c7b-8da6-4617-b617-cb347ba56cf7"
  7. How to make Cortana search in Google then Bing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make Cortana search in Google then Bing: Hello, I would like to know how to make Cortana search in Google rather then Bing. I have changed the default browser to Firefox. Used the EdgeDeflector program to use Firefox instead of Edge. Added Google to Bing Firefox addon. If I make a search via Cortana and I...
  8. Cortana and Google calendar

in Cortana
    Cortana and Google calendar: just started using Cortana yesterday and have a question. Once I speak a command to Cortana and confirm that my reminder is correct, do I need to shut down my computer and then reopen it for the remi der to show up on my Google calendar? Or do I just need to give it time to...
  9. cortana bashs google

in Browsers and Email
    cortana bashs google: Hi Folks, Interesting position taken by MS, no google for Cortana Microsoft stops Google being used for Cortana searches - BBC News Roy 48756
  10. 2 in one. No Ethernet and How to make Cortana search Google?

in Windows 10 Support
    2 in one. No Ethernet and How to make Cortana search Google?: I have no Ethernet what so ever... I updated everything I could including the Ethernet from ASUS. I get limited connection. 9324