Windows 10: Changing Cortana's volume.

Discus and support Changing Cortana's volume. in Cortana to solve the problem; It was really easy, you don't have to download anything. Open your Volume Mixer, then say, "Hey Cortana" and when she pops up a Cortana volume slider... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Devro26, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Devro26 Win User

Changing Cortana's volume.

It was really easy, you don't have to download anything. Open your Volume Mixer, then say, "Hey Cortana" and when she pops up a Cortana volume slider will also pop up in the mixer.

:)

Devro26, Dec 2, 2018

2. Cortana changes Mic volume to 100%

I agree! On mine, it changes the volume from 100% to 34% and i have to manually change it back after using Cortana.

There is a catch though... If this is added as a feature of Cortana, I think the changes in Mic volume from within Cortana should only affect Cortana.

For example:

User changes volume of the mic in Cortana to 85%, but has it set to 100% in system volume settings.

When the user says "Hey Cortana!" Cortana would change the mic volume to 85% while she's listening, then change it back to 100% when she's not listening.

jasoncollege246, Dec 2, 2018
  3. Cortana's volume is too loud

Hi Thechnotom,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are in a frustrating situation, because you face issues with Cortana volume on Windows 10.

I would like to inform you that, you cannot reduce just the Cortana sound alone. Cortana sound is coming through the speakers and if you want to reduce the Cortana volume, then you need to reduce the volume on the computer. There is no setting to reduce
    only the volume of Cortana.

Also, I would like to inform you, that Cortana uses Bing as the default search engine and you cannot change this Cortana setting.
    I suggest you to leave a feedback in the feedback app. You may simply search for “Windows Feedback” from the search box, then provide your valuable suggestions and feedback.

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Dec 2, 2018
  4. Meghana C Win User

Change Cortana icon back to default

Hi,

I will certainly help you with the issues you are facing with Cortana.

To assist you better, kindly explain what steps you performed to change the Cortana icon?

I suggest you to follow below steps to turn off Cortana’s personalization:

• Go to Cortana >
      Notebook > About Me.

• Click to select your
      Microsoft account

• On the Account page, click again to select your Microsoft account.
    • Select Sign out and restart the system, again sign in back and check.

I suggest you to install all the available Windows updates and check the issue.

Also, I suggest you to check the issue in other user accounts if you have any. If you don't have other user accounts, then I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue persists.

Refer to the following article on
    how to create a new user account in Windows 10:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12385/windows-10-troubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Please get back to us to assist you further.

Thank you.

Meghana C, Dec 2, 2018
Thema:

1. Changing Cortana's volume. - Similar Threads - Changing Cortana's volume

2. changing the volume on the laptop is not changing the volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    changing the volume on the laptop is not changing the volume: I have tried everything on the main page. from speaker properties, updates and further advanced options and nothing seems to be working. it works on headphones. i tried to test my speakers and they preform well on the tests. I can adjust the volume in the settings for...
  3. changing the volume on the laptop is not changing the volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    changing the volume on the laptop is not changing the volume: I have tried everything on the main page. from speaker properties, updates and further advanced options and nothing seems to be working. it works on headphones. i tried to test my speakers and they preform well on the tests. I can adjust the volume in the settings for...
  4. Earbud volume buttons not changing volume

in Windows 10 Customization
    Earbud volume buttons not changing volume: I've plugged in wired earbuds to my Surface Laptop 1. When I click the audio buttons on my earbuds to make the volume go up or down, there is no change being reflected. If I change the audio via my keyboard or slider on my laptop, then I can hear the audio change in my...
  5. Change to Cortana

in Cortana
    Change to Cortana: Why is Cortana no longer able to be initiated by saying "hey Cortana?" And for the record, not being able to set a reminder on the app is really disappointing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-to-cortana/40740c67-a5f5-4717-8ebc-4c2133008439
  6. Change Cortana?

Change Cortana?: Hi, I thought it would be funny if I could change Cortana (voice control) on my HP Probook, e.g. that I could think of my own questions and answers, and then when I ask the question Cortana gives the answer I wrote down on her "notebook". Are there specific apps for this or...
  7. Volume randomly changes in volume mixer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Volume randomly changes in volume mixer: Here's a GIF of my volume mixer, if anyone could help that'd be great submitted by /u/Fitzyy23 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g3f724/volume_randomly_changes_in_volume_mixer/
  8. volume change

in Windows 10 Customization
    volume change: Apparently overnite an update occured and the volume on my laptop for notifications, on/off and in general is SIGNIFICANTLY louder and from what I understand it can not be controled by volume keys. What can be done to reduce the volume ? This is painful !!...
  9. change cortana

in Cortana
    change cortana: Why am I being forced to use the name Cortana? Is there a way I can change it to a name I like and can remember. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-cortana/e32aba7b-2027-4987-9a18-4e1644c92616"
  10. Change Cortana's Accent

Change Cortana's Accent: Hello all, just upgraded to Windows 10 Enterprise today. I am a fan of the Halo, so I am a bit disappointed that Cortana has a different voice for me in the UK than the one in the US (which is the same voice actor as the one in the game). Does anyone know how I might...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change cortana volume

2. cortana volume

3. cortana volume low

4. adjust cortana volume settings,
  5. how to turn down cortanas volume,
  6. cortana adjust volume,
  7. Hey cortina I wanna lower the volume on my speakers,
  8. Hello Cortana how do you increase the volume on the mic on this on the webcam,
  9. How do I change cortanas volume,
  10. adjust cortana volume,
  11. How to show Contana on mixer volume setting?,
  12. change cortonas volume,
  13. Change the volume on cortana,
  14. how to change cortana volume,
  15. change volume on cortana?