Windows 10: Changing customized shortcut keys

Discus and support Changing customized shortcut keys in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I've been having trouble with a Microsoft predefined shortcut and would like to delete that Microsoft defined shortcut. When I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by George Ngige, Jul 5, 2021.

1. Changing customized shortcut keys

Hello everyone, I've been having trouble with a Microsoft predefined shortcut and would like to delete that Microsoft defined shortcut. When I was using Jetbrains IntelliJ Idea IDE, I used to press CTRL + Alt + L to do code reformatting but now when I press the key combination, the window goes to Switch User window. I want to remove the Microsoft shortcut because I can also do that with Win + L and again I'm used to the Jetbrain's shortcut. Any help soon will be of great importance and I will appreciate. Thank you.

:)

George Ngige, Jul 5, 2021

2. Changing shortcut Keys on windows 10

Hi,

To assist you better please provide us below details,

• May I know for which application you are trying to change the short cut key?

• Did you made any changes to your computer recently?

I suggest you to check the below link regarding windows shortcuts hope it helps,

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/keyboard-shortcuts

Please get back to us with detailed information to assist you better.

Reference:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48716.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Jul 5, 2021
  3. cniggeler Win User
    List custom keyboard shortcuts

Hi,

I would like to create a shortcut to Windows Update using CTRL-ALT-U, but when I try to put that in the shortcut key area of the shortcut, it blanks out again. This means I have used that key combo elsewhere, but typing it doesn't do anything. I upgraded
    from Win7 to Win10 and I think I set it for Windows 7 Update.

My questions are,

1. How do I reassign this shortcut?
    2. How do I get a list of custom shortcuts that are already set?

Thanks!

cniggeler, Jul 5, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

Changing customized shortcut keys

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jul 5, 2021
Thema:

Changing customized shortcut keys

1. Changing customized shortcut keys - Similar Threads - Changing customized shortcut

2. New custom shortcut keys are not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New custom shortcut keys are not working.: Custom shortcut keys created by making shortcut of a folder/app and going to properties->shortcut keys are not working. There are no error massage. The system just doesn't respond. Shortcuts made before are working fine but new shortcuts are not. sfc, dism and also safe boot...
  3. New custom shortcut keys are not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New custom shortcut keys are not working.: Custom shortcut keys created by making shortcut of a folder/app and going to properties->shortcut keys are not working. There are no error massage. The system just doesn't respond. Shortcuts made before are working fine but new shortcuts are not. sfc, dism and also safe boot...
  4. Changing The Clipboard Shortcut key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing The Clipboard Shortcut key: I would like to know if there is a way to change the shortcut key to open the clipboard on my laptop keyboard windows 10 for example instead of it being Windows + V the shortcut becomes Alt + V or Ctrl + V etc…...
  5. Changing The Clipboard Shortcut key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing The Clipboard Shortcut key: I would like to know if there is a way to change the shortcut key to open the clipboard on my laptop keyboard windows 10 for example instead of it being Windows + V the shortcut becomes Alt + V or Ctrl + V etc…...
  6. how to add custom shortcut keys to context menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to add custom shortcut keys to context menu?: examples, window's copy and paste. right click a folder/file and press c or press v, it'll copy or paste. how do I set up custom shortcut keys to other context menu functions of 3rd party program? 157109
  7. Customize Keyboard shortcuts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Customize Keyboard shortcuts: I want to create keyboard shortcuts using modifiers or combinations thereof to insert characters like # and é without using the Character Map. Is there a way to do this? I have looked through Settings but came up blank....
  8. File Path to Apps, Shortcut, Macro, Custom Keys

File Path to Apps, Shortcut, Macro, Custom Keys: So, here I am, after 20+ years of using Windows, incapable to figure out where Skype is on my computer to see the path to a .exe file. I may be old fashion, buy I am not inept. The app store trend is throwing a curved one at me and I am loosing my patience. I never ever had...
  9. Shortcut key to change desktop background

Shortcut key to change desktop background: There are a few threads about changing the desktop background. All of these claim there is no shortcut key. All the threads are locked, or I would add this query to an existing thread. Despite the claims to the contrary, I have many times accidentally changed the desktop...
  10. Custom keys of shortcuts resets every day

in Windows 10 Support
    Custom keys of shortcuts resets every day: I've created 3 shortcuts for fast switching audio outputs by hitting CTRL + ALT + Num1/Num2/Num3. These shortcuts are located at C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Sound so they can be listed on Start menu as an folder with these...