Windows 10: Changing dates on photos with wrong dates in Windows 10

Discus and support Changing dates on photos with wrong dates in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I cannot get Windows 10 to let me change the dates on photos that are wrong. I cannot get Photo Gallery or Windows Essentials 2012. I cannot see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DeborahSchultz, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Changing dates on photos with wrong dates in Windows 10

I cannot get Windows 10 to let me change the dates on photos that are wrong. I cannot get Photo Gallery or Windows Essentials 2012. I cannot see where I can open a dialoque box that allows me to open up a box for date taken and not date created.

:)

DeborahSchultz, Jun 10, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 - Photo app wrong dates

We appreciate the details you have provided. To resolve your concern, kindly follow these steps to edit the date of the pictures:

• Right-click the file and select Properties.
    • In the image properties, click on the Details tab.
    • Change the Date Taken, Click Apply and OK. Refresh your photos if you able to modify the date.

Changing dates on photos with wrong dates in Windows 10 c22b9b30-bcb8-454c-a76d-a341591c2478.png

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jun 10, 2020
  3. nmchick Win User

Wow, I just don't get how you can so badly misunderstand! I am talking 1600 photos here, all in a folder that show a year in the future. I am NOT going to go in and change EACH PHOTO INDIVIDUALLY. I want to change the date of the ENTIRE FOLDER! AND I want
    to know when Microsoft is going to address this issue. I am not the only one with this problem but ALL the solutions act like it's something that can be addressed on a photo by photo basis instead of it being a gross software issue with Microsoft Photos in
    general! So disgusted with the REPEATED suggestions of correcting it photo by photo!

nmchick, Jun 10, 2020
  4. AM Bhopal Win User

Changing dates on photos with wrong dates in Windows 10

Some of the pictures are showing wrong date (Year showing as 2078) in the Photos app of Windows 10

I tried to find answer thru Microsoft help forum but no use.

Can any one suggest ?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

AM Bhopal, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

Changing dates on photos with wrong dates in Windows 10

1. Changing dates on photos with wrong dates in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Changing dates photos

2. Microsoft Photos App sorting photos by wrong date

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos App sorting photos by wrong date: I recently added a large batch of photos to my PC that were previously in Google Photos.I like to use the Microsoft Photos app to view my photos by date, but the added photos are all showing up under the date that I added them Oct 22, rather than by date taken January 2019...
  3. changing wrong date of birth on account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    changing wrong date of birth on account: How do I change my date of birth, put in wrong year. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-wrong-date-of-birth-on-account/18dad57f-dff3-4eaa-820b-2dd87d5802c5
  4. changing wrong date of birth on account

in Windows 10 Customization
    changing wrong date of birth on account: How do I change my date of birth, put in wrong year. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-wrong-date-of-birth-on-account/18dad57f-dff3-4eaa-820b-2dd87d5802c5
  5. Wrong dates on downloaded photos Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wrong dates on downloaded photos Windows 10: Hi, I have various shared albums online Google Photos that I would like to download to my Windows 10 Surface Pro. These web albums are all displaying the correct dates. The photos are a mix of photos taken by me on my iphone, photos uploaded to the shared album by other...
  6. windows 10 changes ‘date taken’ date.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 changes ‘date taken’ date.: Windows photo editor 10 has changed the date taken date to when I modified the photo with edits. How do I get original “date taken “date back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-changes-date-taken-date/8f1cfce8-7af4-4e75-afba-d5a8f52b7ec8
  7. wrong "date created" in photos app and won't let me change the date

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wrong "date created" in photos app and won't let me change the date: I can't change the "date created" on several photos and videos. After import from my iphone to Onedrive, they show "date created" the date on which I imported them from the iphone e.g. 1/25/2019 "date modified" the actual date created e.g. 6/14/2018 When I use the left...
  8. Can't change photo date

Can't change photo date: Why can't I change the data on some (most) of my photos, yet on some (a few) I can. Procedure is the same; select a photo's tick box in collection view, right click menu but then Change date is greyed out. Why? I can't see anything consistent about which photos will and...
  9. WRONG DATE

in Windows 10 Customization
    WRONG DATE: Hey :) What can I do, if some Computers show up the wrong date? they are connected with internet and to ure servers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/wrong-date/03bd42ab-edf3-4097-82db-2c517b71bfd9
  10. Windows 10 Photos app displaying wrong dates.

Windows 10 Photos app displaying wrong dates.: I'm uploading photos/videos from my iPhone from a trip I just got back from. All events took place in August, but the photos app is marking many as September. Even some photos (Aug 12) that are older are marked as September while newer photos (Aug 25) are marked as August. My...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change date of photo windows 10