Windows 10: Changing default app location.

Discus and support Changing default app location. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have Game Pass and want to install a few games, however, when I choose to change the default app location in Windows it mentions it will have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DigitalX, Feb 21, 2021.

1. DigitalX Win User

Changing default app location.

I have Game Pass and want to install a few games, however, when I choose to change the default app location in Windows it mentions it will have to remove existing apps on the other drive.

C: Is my OS Drive and has all my game modifications on it, D: However is for Steam and other games.

What exactly will I lose by changing the default location, as it mentions that?

Winver: Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.804)

:)

DigitalX, Feb 21, 2021

2. Changing the default storage designation for the Microsoft Windows Store and various apps.

Hi Isaac,

The default storage location for the Windows store and apps is in system location where Windows is stored (This PC-> C drive), if you want to change the default location of the apps then I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings
    and check if it helps.

• Open Settings and click on the System icon.
    • Click on Storage on the left side, on the right side under
      Save locations, select the drive to where you want your
      documents
      , music, pictures, and/or
      videos
      to be saved to by default.
    • Click/tap on Apply.

The above settings option is available only from the Windows version (10586), I suggest you to check in which version of Windows build in installed on your computer.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Feb 21, 2021
  3. Bree Win User
    How to change default app for file type

'Open With > Choose another app' has three step, in the first it only offers apps registered for that file type. If you click 'More apps' it lists all registered apps regardless of suitability. Both these steps have the tick-box for 'Always use...' in my 18363.752. The third step, if needed, is 'Look for another app on this PC'. The 'Always use...' must be ticked before taking this step if you want the change to stick. However, WMP appears at the second step.

Changing default app location. [​IMG]

For a quick look at a JPG almost anything (including WMP) is more practical than Photos which on my system takes more than ten seconds just to open a photo. The OP is probably not aware that the Windows Photo Viewer is still available in W10, but hidden away. That's my default viewer for JPG.

Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10

And, once enabled, is available in Settings > Apps > Default apps.

Changing default app location. [​IMG]

4. Changing default app location.

Can I Change My Default Desktop Location??

Hello Lucas,

You may change the default location for the desktop and library folders on Windows 10.

To change the default location of the folders, please follow these steps:

• Click Start, type This PC and press
      Enter
    • Right-click the Desktop folder and select Properties.
    • Go to Location tab and click Move.
    • Find the new location for the Desktop folder and click
      Select
      Folder.
    • Click OK to finish.

The steps must be done on each of the library folders.

Regards.

Devlin Sco, Feb 21, 2021
Thema:

Changing default app location.

1. Changing default app location. - Similar Threads - Changing default app

2. Cant change default app location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant change default app location: I Recently installed windows on my new SSD, and i am trying to change my default install location to my D drive, but it keeps giving me error code 0x80070005. I've followed a rabbit hole of fixes and tutorials on user permission changes, sharing setting and command prompt...
  3. Cant change default app location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant change default app location: I Recently installed windows on my new SSD, and i am trying to change my default install location to my D drive, but it keeps giving me error code 0x80070005. I've followed a rabbit hole of fixes and tutorials on user permission changes, sharing setting and command prompt...
  4. Cant change default app location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Changing default app location.

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing default app location.: I have Game Pass and want to install a few games, however, when I choose to change the default app location in Windows it mentions it will have to remove existing apps on the other drive. C: Is my OS Drive and has all my game modifications on it, D: However is for Steam and...
  6. Can't change default apps location

Can't change default apps location: Trying to download games from xbox game pass, horrendously designed and it needs me to change my default apps saving point for some reason cause you're still living in 2003, won't let me do that just keep getting these errors [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  7. How to change default app installation location?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to change default app installation location?: Please someone tell me how to change default app installation location. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-default-app-installation-location/c1cf08e2-1608-400a-a055-38938e1ca8da
  8. Changing default save location for apps

Changing default save location for apps: Problem: Changing default drive for new content. Attempting to change from C to D drives primary to secondary drives First message: Delete other apps? This drive has apps from another device, to use this drive delete them. Click yes, Error code 0x80070005 comes up. I have...
  9. Location of Default Apps?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Location of Default Apps?: When selecting my Default Apps for Windows 10, I would like to know WHERE the Default App is located (as in, the path to the *.exe for the Default App - on which hard drive). This is due to various reasons, but the most recent example is this: I want to make Google Chrome...
  10. How to change the default location in the weather app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change the default location in the weather app?: I accidentally set the wrong location as default in Weather, and can't see how to change it! Anyone? 5796