Windows 10: Changing default appication for pictures

Discus and support Changing default appication for pictures in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I cannot update/change what default app is used to open pictures. I keep clicking on Microsoft Office 2010, and it will not save. It switches... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KelseyFehlhaber, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Changing default appication for pictures

I cannot update/change what default app is used to open pictures. I keep clicking on Microsoft Office 2010, and it will not save. It switches automatically back to "Photos"

:)

KelseyFehlhaber, Dec 10, 2018
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Mohan B P Win User
    Picture User Folder vs Library Picture Folder / Add to User folder

Hi,

Form the issue description, I realize that you are trying to view your pictures in the default pictures library. To do so, you have to change the location of the folder that contains your pictures to the default pictures library folder.

To view your pictures in the default pictures library, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

• Right-click on the default Picture folder
      and click on Properties.

• Navigate to Location tab.

• Click on Move…. and select the folder that contains your pictures and click on
      Apply and then click on Ok.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further information on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Dec 10, 2018
  4. Johan45 Win User

Changing default appication for pictures

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 10, 2018
Thema:

Changing default appication for pictures

1. Changing default appication for pictures - Similar Threads - Changing default appication

2. Want to change the default folder Pictures in the Photos App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want to change the default folder Pictures in the Photos App: I'd like to change the default folder in the Photos App on Windows 11. I don't want the Pictures folder to show, but instead to show another, subfolder as the default. Is there a way to do this?...
  3. Want to change the default folder Pictures in the Photos App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Want to change the default folder Pictures in the Photos App: I'd like to change the default folder in the Photos App on Windows 11. I don't want the Pictures folder to show, but instead to show another, subfolder as the default. Is there a way to do this?...
  4. Change Default Location of Picture Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Default Location of Picture Folder: I want to change the default location of my pictures folder from out of my OneDrive and just under the main user folder. I keep getting this error. Is there a workaround for this?...
  5. Change Default Location of Picture Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Default Location of Picture Folder: I want to change the default location of my pictures folder from out of my OneDrive and just under the main user folder. I keep getting this error. Is there a workaround for this?...
  6. How can I change the default app for editing pictures without changing the default app for...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I change the default app for editing pictures without changing the default app for...: [ATTACH] My default app for opening pictures is Photos. As for editing them, there are three options: "Edit with Photos", "Edit with Paint 3D", and just "Edit" — which launches Paint. I'm trying to remove all the "Edit" options or and set up one for Photoshop instead,...
  7. Default Pictures path points to OneDrive - not able to change that

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default Pictures path points to OneDrive - not able to change that: Hello, I have a very frustrating problem. Today all my images from default pictures path disappeared "C:/users/%username%/Pictures". I was also getting information each time that I wanted to open the "Pictures" folder from quick-access menu that"location is not available"....
  8. Can't Change Association of Picture Files To Windows default

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Change Association of Picture Files To Windows default: Windows 10 1903 For some reason my picture files have lost their association. When looking at the thumbnails, they have the thumbnails but there is an 'X' on part of the thumbnail and will not open the Windows picture program. I have looked on the internet but they all have...
  9. Open cd appication

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Open cd appication: I inserted the 2018 Turbo Tax disc into the disc drive. How do I open the application? Thank you John https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-cd-appication/b8d5e3ed-87fa-4245-a256-948689058633
  10. Change Default Account Picture in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Default Account Picture in Windows 10: How to: Change Default Account Picture in Windows 10 How to Change Default Account Picture in Windows 10 [img] Information When changes their account picture or when their Microsoft account picture syncs. This tutorial will show you how to change the default...