Windows 10: Changing Default drive to D

Discus and support Changing Default drive to D in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to get a game loaded from CD and it does not give me the option to load it to D drive. How can I make sure any CD games etc will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SharonLyon, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Changing Default drive to D

I am trying to get a game loaded from CD and it does not give me the option to load it to D drive.

How can I make sure any CD games etc will automatically load to D Drive?

Is there a setting somewhere?

:)

SharonLyon, Aug 12, 2018

2. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Aug 12, 2018
  3. Can´t change the default storage drive.

Hello.

I changed the default storage drive (from C: to DChanging Default drive to D :) in "Settings>>System>>Storage, however the Windows continues to install all apps in C: drive. Any suggestion?

HelderCardoso_0707, Aug 12, 2018
  4. Changing Default drive to D

Cannot access D drive since upgrading to Windows 10.

Hello Judy,

Thank you for replying quickly with the status of the issue.

Please reply to few more questions:

• Is the D: drive located on the same hard disk or on different hard disk?

• Did you have any important data saved on the
      D:
      drive?

If the D: is saved on another hard disk and you are unable to access it, I suggest you to format the drive completely and check if the issue is resolved.

To format the hard disk, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Disk management option.

• Right click on the D: drive and select
      Format option.

• Wait for the formatting to complete and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 12, 2018
Thema:

Changing Default drive to D

1. Changing Default drive to D - Similar Threads - Changing Default drive

2. Saving default data to a new D drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving default data to a new D drive: I recently installed a new M.2 nvme ssd as D drive, and I will retain OS as E drive for Windows 11What's the difference between Changing where new content is saved in System Storage Setting vs Moving Folder Location in file explorer by right click on folder in C drive and...
  3. Saving default data to a new D drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saving default data to a new D drive: I recently installed a new M.2 nvme ssd as D drive, and I will retain OS as E drive for Windows 11What's the difference between Changing where new content is saved in System Storage Setting vs Moving Folder Location in file explorer by right click on folder in C drive and...
  4. Change Default One Drive

Change Default One Drive: Hi!I have a personal and business one drive on my laptop. Currently it is using my personal one drive as default one. How can I change it to business one drive?ThanksGaurav...
  5. Changed Downloads folder to the entire D drive, tried changing back to default but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changed Downloads folder to the entire D drive, tried changing back to default but...: Basically tried to change my downloads folder from my c drive to d drive, but accidentally made my whole d drive the downloads folder. Tried many different methods found online ie changing registry, restore to default, and still did not work. When I tried to restore to...
  6. Changed Downloads folder to the entire D drive, tried changing back to default but...

Changed Downloads folder to the entire D drive, tried changing back to default but...: Basically tried to change my downloads folder from my c drive to d drive, but accidentally made my whole d drive the downloads folder. Tried many different methods found online ie changing registry, restore to default, and still did not work. When I tried to restore to...
  7. Changed Downloads folder to the entire D drive, tried changing back to default but...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. How to Change D: drive to default drive.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Change D: drive to default drive.: I recently bought pc i need for my job and hobbies. It has very small C: drive and additional drive that has 2TB storage I was loading and installing all my apps needed and the pc started to complain about the low storage, i tried to get the new apps to the D: drive but i...
  9. Can not change default location fo d drive error 0x80070005

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can not change default location fo d drive error 0x80070005: I have been having this issue for some time. I am wanting to install Ark survival evolved on my d drive, when i select it in the drop down box and click install nothing happens. When i try to change the default location to d drive through systems - storage i get the error...
  10. Change "D" drive to "C" drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change "D" drive to "C" drive.: How do I copy all files on my "C" drive onto my current "D" drive (including bootup files and Windows 10), then change my "D" drive to "C" drive and my my old "C" drive to "D" drive?...