Windows 10: Changing default file location

Discus and support Changing default file location in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Dear All, Is there any DOS command that can change the default of C:\Users\ to another drive location ?Pls advise Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Edwald Neo, Jul 29, 2022.

1. Changing default file location

Dear All, Is there any DOS command that can change the default of C:\Users\ to another drive location ?Pls advise Thanks

:)

Edwald Neo, Jul 29, 2022

2. Can I Change My Default Desktop Location??

Hello Lucas,

You may change the default location for the desktop and library folders on Windows 10.

To change the default location of the folders, please follow these steps:

• Click Start, type This PC and press
      Enter
    • Right-click the Desktop folder and select Properties.
    • Go to Location tab and click Move.
    • Find the new location for the Desktop folder and click
      Select
      Folder.
    • Click OK to finish.

The steps must be done on each of the library folders.

Regards.

Devlin Sco, Jul 29, 2022
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Making HDD as default saving location instead of sdd for files

Hi Kiefer,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

I suggest you to try the following steps to change default saving locations. Check if it helps.

• Click on Start and click on
      Settings.

• Open System and click on
      Storage in the left-pane.

• Under the section Save Locations in the
      right-pane, select the appropriate location to which you want to save files.

• Restart the computer and check if it helps.
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jul 29, 2022
  4. Changing default file location

How to change location of MSI????.tmp file

Hi,

You may change the location of the .tmp file by following the steps provided below:

• Go to This PC.
    • Right-click This PC, and then select Advanced System Setting.
    • Click Environment Variables.
    • Under system variable, double-click tmp and change the path for the file of your reference.

If the location still can't be changed, we suggest that you post it on our
    MSDN forum
    . We have highly technical users and IT professionals there that can address your concern.

Feel free to contact us if you have other concerns.

Dennis Mop, Jul 29, 2022
Thema:

Changing default file location

1. Changing default file location - Similar Threads - Changing default file

2. Changing default file location

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing default file location: Dear All, Is there any DOS command that can change the default of C:\Users\ to another drive location ?Pls advise Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-default-file-location/b3587943-e145-4402-8e37-a92ebe876302
  3. Changing default file location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing default file location: Dear All, Is there any DOS command that can change the default of C:\Users\ to another drive location ?Pls advise Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-default-file-location/b3587943-e145-4402-8e37-a92ebe876302
  4. Changing the default save location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing the default save location: I wanna change mt default save location on my pc since im gonna download games from the microsoft store from the xbox game pass. So i need to change my default save location on my pc for my apps. But when i try to change to my other hard drive it tells me that i have apps on...
  5. Changing default app location.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing default app location.: I have Game Pass and want to install a few games, however, when I choose to change the default app location in Windows it mentions it will have to remove existing apps on the other drive. C: Is my OS Drive and has all my game modifications on it, D: However is for Steam and...
  6. Changing default app location.

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing default app location.: I have Game Pass and want to install a few games, however, when I choose to change the default app location in Windows it mentions it will have to remove existing apps on the other drive. C: Is my OS Drive and has all my game modifications on it, D: However is for Steam and...
  7. Change Default Installation Location?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change Default Installation Location?: Hello! I was wondering if there was a way to change my default "C:" drive location to my storage "E:" drive location. I have some programs that I am trying to install and they are automatically installing themselves into the "C:" drive. So I was hoping there was a way to...
  8. Changing Default Save Location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing Default Save Location: Just upgraded SSD and installed fresh version of Windows 10 version 1909. My SSD is the C: drive. Prior to the SSD upgrade, files such as Documents, Downloads, Music and Pictures were saved to my D: Hard Drive. Example: D: >Gagnon >Documents In other words my D:...
  9. Changing default install location

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing default install location: Alright, so I got a new hard drive today and I'd like to install my apps from the Microsoft store on that drive. However in the drop down menu in "Change where new content is saved" only the C: drive shows. In file explorer it appears and I've installed steam games to it and...
  10. Change contacts default location

in Windows 10 Support
    Change contacts default location: I have searched for hours, and can only find changing the contacts location in Outlook. I use contacts from Word 2010 to fax recipients. After creating a document, and selecting my HP Printer Fax, clicking on print displays the contacts from the current default location...