Windows 10: Changing default folder location in the start menu

Discus and support Changing default folder location in the start menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there! On the start - sorry for any possible mistakes, English is my second language ;) I've got everything set up perfectly, the problem is, that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by karolsitarz, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Changing default folder location in the start menu

Hi there!
    On the start - sorry for any possible mistakes, English is my second language Changing default folder location in the start menu ;)
    I've got everything set up perfectly, the problem is, that I want default Windows buttons in my start bar (The Documents, Images and Personal Files ones)
    https://i.imgur.com/FDDPREv.jpg
    Every time I try to access these folders through there, I'm getting "no shortcut" error.
    I'm pretty sure that's because I have Libraries on my D: Drive by default, but I can't change it back - Windows meses up everything and sees D: drive as the default directory, not C: drive.
    Is there any solution to this problem?
    Thanks in advance! Changing default folder location in the start menu :)

:)

karolsitarz, Nov 17, 2015

2. Reset Downloads folder to default location

Hi,

I'm experiencing a similar issue.

I changed the default Downloads folder to the Desktop, and now when I went and tried to reset the folder to its default location nothing changed.

Here is how it looks

Changing default folder location in the start menu [​IMG]

If I click on the "Move" button and change the location manually, it changes the Desktop's location as well from the navigation menu.

Basically both Desktop (former Downloads) folder and Desktop (actual Desktop) folder have the same location whenever I change either one manually.

Anyone with a solution to this?

Thanks

Andreas Neophytou, Nov 17, 2015
  3. Start Menu location

Hello Retired_Man,

By default, the Start menu will open at the same location where the Start button is on the taskbar.

If you like, you could move the location of your taskbar on the screen to have the Start menu open at the location instead.

Change Taskbar Location on Screen in Windows 10

Shawn Brink, Nov 17, 2015
Thema:

Changing default folder location in the start menu

1. Changing default folder location in the start menu - Similar Threads - Changing default folder

2. Change Default Location of Picture Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Default Location of Picture Folder: I want to change the default location of my pictures folder from out of my OneDrive and just under the main user folder. I keep getting this error. Is there a workaround for this?...
  3. Change Default Location of Picture Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Default Location of Picture Folder: I want to change the default location of my pictures folder from out of my OneDrive and just under the main user folder. I keep getting this error. Is there a workaround for this?...
  4. New start menu folder icon location.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New start menu folder icon location.: In the recent updates, a new folder icon in the start menu has appeared. I really like it and wish to make the default folder icon in explorer to be that. Where is the file location that contains that icon? I looked in imageres.dll, explorer.exe and shell32.dll. submitted by...
  5. default start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    default start menu: how do i return to the default start menu. I guess I hit something and it changed. I want to go back to default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-start-menu/65c75367-a7af-48fb-8d3c-48e3ed9fa838
  6. Change the default Color of the Start Menu & Taskbar

Change the default Color of the Start Menu & Taskbar: This post is intended for Build 9926 and you are using the default Start Menu. To change the default Color of the Start Menu & Taskbar go to Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Personalization > Color And Appearance then select Show Color Mixer. These 3 sliders will...
  7. Changing start menu icons to small by default

Changing start menu icons to small by default: Changing the icon size of a start menu icon is easy. But how can you make the start menu icons small by default so that you do not need to change the size every single time? [img] 66749
  8. Windows 10 Start menu default search location

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Start menu default search location: I have 13 hard drives full of video sorted by title. Despite the drives being indexed it takes multiple clicks to find a file using the Start menu search. For example, I type in the name and the result comes back, "No results found for...". I must click the filters tab and...
  9. Modify default folder locations

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Modify default folder locations: My new computer has an SSD drive [C:] and a 1TB hard drive [D:], I'd like to change the default Documents and Pictures folders to the D: drive, is there a registry tweak that will do that? 77511
  10. Changing default folder locations for Public users

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing default folder locations for Public users: I've upgraded two machines going from a single 1T hard drive to a SSD and a 1T hard drive for data. I was able to change the default user file locations for docs, pics, music, video, and download. When I went to do the same for the public user, I was not allowed to change the...