Windows 10: Changing default Location for Picture Storage on Windows Photo App

Discus and support Changing default Location for Picture Storage on Windows Photo App in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For uploading pictures from my phone to computer the windows app does to things: First, it always puts the photos into my video folder. Second,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BrentClarkLM, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Changing default Location for Picture Storage on Windows Photo App

For uploading pictures from my phone to computer the windows app does to things:

First, it always puts the photos into my video folder.

Second, with each import it automatically generates a new folder (sometimes though I am only importing one picture)

Is there a way to manually change where it imports photos to on my computer? Also, can I tell it to stop generating new folders each time?

:)

BrentClarkLM, Sep 15, 2019

2. Changing the default storage designation for the Microsoft Windows Store and various apps.

Hi Isaac,

The default storage location for the Windows store and apps is in system location where Windows is stored (This PC-> C drive), if you want to change the default location of the apps then I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings
    and check if it helps.

• Open Settings and click on the System icon.
    • Click on Storage on the left side, on the right side under
      Save locations, select the drive to where you want your
      documents
      , music, pictures, and/or
      videos
      to be saved to by default.
    • Click/tap on Apply.

The above settings option is available only from the Windows version (10586), I suggest you to check in which version of Windows build in installed on your computer.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Sep 15, 2019
  3. RG46873 Win User
    change windows phone app storage location (Win 8.1)

I installed Win 8.1 and noticed that the Windows Phone App now stores all photos on the default drive (cChanging default Location for Picture Storage on Windows Photo App :), In Win 8, I had configured the Windows Phone App to store the photos on my drive dedicated to data (dChanging default Location for Picture Storage on Windows Photo App :). The ability to change the storage location
    seems to have gone away and the only option is to either turn on automatic import or turn it off.

Any suggestions on how to change the default storage location?

RG46873, Sep 15, 2019
  4. Changing default Location for Picture Storage on Windows Photo App

Photo Viewer default download storage location

I need to change the default download storage location for pictures and videos in Windows 10 to something other than my C drive. Windows 10 photo viewer does not seem to have a way to change the default. My C drive is full.

WorldlyCouple, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

Changing default Location for Picture Storage on Windows Photo App

1. Changing default Location for Picture Storage on Windows Photo App - Similar Threads - Changing default Location

2. Photos lost after changing default location of Pictures folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos lost after changing default location of Pictures folder: I just did a clean install of windows 11 and noticed my user folder name had a typo. Searched how to rename it, found this tutorial and followed it. https://www.elevenforum.com/t/change-name-of-user-profile-folder-in-windows-11.2133/ After having done that, now with a...
  3. Photos lost after changing default location of Pictures folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos lost after changing default location of Pictures folder: I just did a clean install of windows 11 and noticed my user folder name had a typo. Searched how to rename it, found this tutorial and followed it. https://www.elevenforum.com/t/change-name-of-user-profile-folder-in-windows-11.2133/ After having done that, now with a...
  4. Want to change the default folder Pictures in the Photos App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want to change the default folder Pictures in the Photos App: I'd like to change the default folder in the Photos App on Windows 11. I don't want the Pictures folder to show, but instead to show another, subfolder as the default. Is there a way to do this?...
  5. Want to change the default folder Pictures in the Photos App

Want to change the default folder Pictures in the Photos App: I'd like to change the default folder in the Photos App on Windows 11. I don't want the Pictures folder to show, but instead to show another, subfolder as the default. Is there a way to do this?...
  6. Change Default Location of Picture Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Default Location of Picture Folder: I want to change the default location of my pictures folder from out of my OneDrive and just under the main user folder. I keep getting this error. Is there a workaround for this?...
  7. Change Default Location of Picture Folder

Change Default Location of Picture Folder: I want to change the default location of my pictures folder from out of my OneDrive and just under the main user folder. I keep getting this error. Is there a workaround for this?...
  8. Changing default app location.

Changing default app location.: I have Game Pass and want to install a few games, however, when I choose to change the default app location in Windows it mentions it will have to remove existing apps on the other drive. C: Is my OS Drive and has all my game modifications on it, D: However is for Steam and...
  9. Changing default app location.

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing default app location.: I have Game Pass and want to install a few games, however, when I choose to change the default app location in Windows it mentions it will have to remove existing apps on the other drive. C: Is my OS Drive and has all my game modifications on it, D: However is for Steam and...
  10. Changing default storage locations

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing default storage locations: Every time I download any new music, its stored automatically in the file explorer, C:. when I go to change that default location, it doesn't give ant other option to save anywhere else but drive C:. This is very frustrating as they are then not found in the media player to...