Windows 10: Changing default Location for Picture Storage on Windows Photo App

Discus and support Changing default Location for Picture Storage on Windows Photo App in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For uploading pictures from my phone to computer the windows app does to things: First, it always puts the photos into my video folder. Second,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BrentClarkLM, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Changing default Location for Picture Storage on Windows Photo App

For uploading pictures from my phone to computer the windows app does to things:

First, it always puts the photos into my video folder.

Second, with each import it automatically generates a new folder (sometimes though I am only importing one picture)

Is there a way to manually change where it imports photos to on my computer? Also, can I tell it to stop generating new folders each time?

:)

BrentClarkLM, Sep 15, 2019

2. Changing the default storage designation for the Microsoft Windows Store and various apps.

Hi Isaac,

The default storage location for the Windows store and apps is in system location where Windows is stored (This PC-> C drive), if you want to change the default location of the apps then I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings
    and check if it helps.

• Open Settings and click on the System icon.
    • Click on Storage on the left side, on the right side under
      Save locations, select the drive to where you want your
      documents
      , music, pictures, and/or
      videos
      to be saved to by default.
    • Click/tap on Apply.

The above settings option is available only from the Windows version (10586), I suggest you to check in which version of Windows build in installed on your computer.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Sep 15, 2019
  3. RG46873 Win User
    change windows phone app storage location (Win 8.1)

I installed Win 8.1 and noticed that the Windows Phone App now stores all photos on the default drive (cChanging default Location for Picture Storage on Windows Photo App :), In Win 8, I had configured the Windows Phone App to store the photos on my drive dedicated to data (dChanging default Location for Picture Storage on Windows Photo App :). The ability to change the storage location
    seems to have gone away and the only option is to either turn on automatic import or turn it off.

Any suggestions on how to change the default storage location?

RG46873, Sep 15, 2019
  4. Changing default Location for Picture Storage on Windows Photo App

Photo Viewer default download storage location

I need to change the default download storage location for pictures and videos in Windows 10 to something other than my C drive. Windows 10 photo viewer does not seem to have a way to change the default. My C drive is full.

WorldlyCouple, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

Changing default Location for Picture Storage on Windows Photo App

1. Changing default Location for Picture Storage on Windows Photo App - Similar Threads - Changing default Location

2. Location of Default Apps?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Location of Default Apps?: When selecting my Default Apps for Windows 10, I would like to know WHERE the Default App is located (as in, the path to the *.exe for the Default App - on which hard drive). This is due to various reasons, but the most recent example is this: I want to make Google Chrome...
  3. How to change default storage location from SSD to HDD.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change default storage location from SSD to HDD.: I have a SSD(C:) and a HDD(G:) installed in my PC, I want to use the SSD for my more important files and things I want to boot faster and I want to use the HDD for general storage, the only problem is everything that I download defaults to downloading into my SSD(C:), I don't...
  4. Change Defult Storage Location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change Defult Storage Location: Hi there, I recently purchased a new computer where the hard drive is partitioned into a smaller C drive which is just a boot drive and larger D drive which is meant for everything else. I am having trouble because the C drive is the default drive for installation of new...
  5. How do I change default location for file storage?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change default location for file storage?: I need to store files at a location other than my SSD boot drive. I right click on a folder icon e.g., "downloads" and go to properties/location and change the drive letter. I go to the icon, right click and the location has been changed. However, downloads continue to go...
  6. Change default photo viewer app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change default photo viewer app: My friend did something on her computer the other day in which her pictures folder - the pictures are not pictures now, they have the default photo app viewer. How can I change them so she sees the pictures are pictures? [img] 103812
  7. How to change the default location in the weather app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change the default location in the weather app?: I accidentally set the wrong location as default in Weather, and can't see how to change it! Anyone? 5796
  8. Win 10 Home default storage locations

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Home default storage locations: I started using a new PC with Win10 Home installed. After a couple of days, I received a message saying my OneDrive space was almost full. When I looked into this I found the default location for my photos is a OneDrive folder. This was set automatically. When I try to change...
  9. Change contacts default location

in Windows 10 Support
    Change contacts default location: I have searched for hours, and can only find changing the contacts location in Outlook. I use contacts from Word 2010 to fax recipients. After creating a document, and selecting my HP Printer Fax, clicking on print displays the contacts from the current default location...
  10. Change Storage Save Locations in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Storage Save Locations in Windows 10: I find this setting very confusing. It does add a new folder to the library locations, but it doesn't seem to change the library root location (if you inspect the library in Windows Explorer it'll still show it, for instance, in C:\Users\<name>\<library>). That way, under...