Changing default MailTo Protocol in Windows 10

Discus and support Changing default MailTo Protocol in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I would like to change the default MAILTO Protocol in Windows 10 to a program of my choice but it won't let me choose anything other than Thunderbird... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dlwmacgregor, Jul 29, 2015.

1. dlwmacgregor Win User

I would like to change the default MAILTO Protocol in Windows 10 to a program of my choice but it won't let me choose anything other than Thunderbird or Microsoft Mail.
    How do I select a specific program (in my case it is OEClassic).
    Thanks.

:)

dlwmacgregor, Jul 29, 2015
  2. TJLY Win User

Can't choose mailto: client after latest windows 10 update

On one of our PCs I now have the default email application showing as TWINUI in settings and it is not possible to change this. I have tried:

• simply choosing a different program (Outlook) (settings crashes)
    • trying to find one in the App Store (gives an error: ms-windows-store:Assoc?protocol=mailto Wrong value for register)
    • trying to associate the mailto protocol with Outlook (settings crashes)
    • trying to associate Outlook with the mailto protocol (settings crashes)

I checked the integrity of the system using DISM and then SFC /scannow with no corruption identified.

The problem is not for all users of the PC, only some.

There are obviously some registry values corrupted somewhere, but the solution

here
    (deleting the user keys and leaving just the local machine key, so that windows recreates the user keys based on the local machine key) did not work either.

Any ideas? Thanks!

3. JonasÄng Win User
    Protocol and change proramms Windows 10 (uTorrent)

I was wondering why i cant se my uTorrent program in in the list when changing the protocols ?

As in changing the default programs we have the options of "More apps" and then after that "Look for an another app on this pc" option. How come that we/i dont have the option in protocols ?

Cant only find two why of changing it, thru "start -> settings -> system -> default apps -> choose default apps by protocols"

Or "control panel -> default programs -> associate a file or protocols whit a program"

Both ways do not give of a manual direction to what program i want to use.

Magnet links for example, my uTorrent do not show up so i want to point to it or email "Mailto" protocol.

Now i am using e-mail app so "Mailto" protocol is not an issue for me. Tho a good example.

If i now need to go int to the regedit directory to fix this it should be part of next update

Grump Gamer

Jonas

JonasÄng, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

Changing default MailTo Protocol in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Changing default MailTo

1. Change Edge/Bing to Firefox/Google as default when using Win key, pls?

in Browsers and Email
    Change Edge/Bing to Firefox/Google as default when using Win key, pls?: Using Windows 10 Home After pressing Windows key, typing a word, then clicking on 'word' - see web results, Edge opens to a Bing search page. I must have missed something when setting Windows up after a recent fresh install 1 How can I change the search engine from Bing...
  2. PDF Default App Keeps Getting Changed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PDF Default App Keeps Getting Changed: I complained about this a while ago and followed the suggestion of another ListMember. Well, like the Borg, Windows has adapted. I prefer Adobe for my pdf reader, but as many times as I change the default to Adobe, Windows keeps changing it back to Edge (lousy pdf...
  3. Change default photo viewer app

Change default photo viewer app: My friend did something on her computer the other day in which her pictures folder - the pictures are not pictures now, they have the default photo app viewer. How can I change them so she sees the pictures are pictures? [img] 103812
  4. Wordpad default hilight colors - how to change them ?

Wordpad default hilight colors - how to change them ?: Hello, Wordpad has "horrible" default hilight colors (too vivid for my eyes)... And I would like to change them to a set of less vivid colors. The program does not allow to change the default hilight colors, at least in a simple way. Could anyone help me to force...
  5. How do I change default behavior of the Power Button to restart

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I change default behavior of the Power Button to restart: Hi, I have a little Minix computer that I exclusively use for plex. I never log into it except for maintenance reasons. When the server acts funny, I just want to press the Power Button on the device to restart. I have it set to Shut Down, but sometimes it takes forever to...
  6. Change cmd.com default font

in Windows 10 Support
    Change cmd.com default font: I've read Brink's tutorial "How to Change Command Prompt Font and Font Size in Windows". Change Command Prompt Font and Font Size in Windows He points out that the change can only be made to apply by using a shortcut. Which means that every use of the cmd prompt which is...
  7. Change Default Audio Playback Device in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Default Audio Playback Device in Windows 10: i dont even have option 2 maybe you now ?? 102323