Changing default MailTo Protocol in Windows 10

Discus and support Changing default MailTo Protocol in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I would like to change the default MAILTO Protocol in Windows 10 to a program of my choice but it won't let me choose anything other than Thunderbird... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dlwmacgregor, Jul 29, 2015.

1. dlwmacgregor Win User

I would like to change the default MAILTO Protocol in Windows 10 to a program of my choice but it won't let me choose anything other than Thunderbird or Microsoft Mail.
    How do I select a specific program (in my case it is OEClassic).
    Thanks.

:)

dlwmacgregor, Jul 29, 2015
  2. TJLY Win User

Can't choose mailto: client after latest windows 10 update

On one of our PCs I now have the default email application showing as TWINUI in settings and it is not possible to change this. I have tried:

• simply choosing a different program (Outlook) (settings crashes)
    • trying to find one in the App Store (gives an error: ms-windows-store:Assoc?protocol=mailto Wrong value for register)
    • trying to associate the mailto protocol with Outlook (settings crashes)
    • trying to associate Outlook with the mailto protocol (settings crashes)

I checked the integrity of the system using DISM and then SFC /scannow with no corruption identified.

The problem is not for all users of the PC, only some.

There are obviously some registry values corrupted somewhere, but the solution

here
    (deleting the user keys and leaving just the local machine key, so that windows recreates the user keys based on the local machine key) did not work either.

Any ideas? Thanks!

3. JonasÄng Win User
    Protocol and change proramms Windows 10 (uTorrent)

I was wondering why i cant se my uTorrent program in in the list when changing the protocols ?

As in changing the default programs we have the options of "More apps" and then after that "Look for an another app on this pc" option. How come that we/i dont have the option in protocols ?

Cant only find two why of changing it, thru "start -> settings -> system -> default apps -> choose default apps by protocols"

Or "control panel -> default programs -> associate a file or protocols whit a program"

Both ways do not give of a manual direction to what program i want to use.

Magnet links for example, my uTorrent do not show up so i want to point to it or email "Mailto" protocol.

Now i am using e-mail app so "Mailto" protocol is not an issue for me. Tho a good example.

If i now need to go int to the regedit directory to fix this it should be part of next update

Grump Gamer

Jonas

JonasÄng, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

1. Changing default MailTo Protocol in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Changing default MailTo

2. Halfway this evening Windows Photos lost the export to Instagram option. Why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Halfway this evening Windows Photos lost the export to Instagram option. Why?: Earlier this evening I shared some of my photos from Windows Photos to Instagram through the share --> instagram option. Now that's gone. It turns out to be impossible to access the Windows Photos app library from the Instagram app, so the other route does not work either. It...
  3. Windows mail

Windows mail: I can't verify my email address to support because I can't open any links https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/windows-mail/26fa4899-ceda-4716-a740-6a91ac3ec452
  4. windows 10 mail app

windows 10 mail app: My windows mail app does not open any links https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/windows-10-mail-app/07ef5d8a-a07f-4cfd-b930-3ff5cbf33e41
  5. Cannot uninstall Snap Attack (Windows 10 store game)

Cannot uninstall Snap Attack (Windows 10 store game): The Snap Attack game (a.k.a. "Wordament Snap Attack") was retired as of May 18, 2018. The game can no longer be played (online or offline) and is no longer available for download. Given this, I see no need to keep it on my system. Operating system: Windows 10 Home...
  6. Windows 10 April Update black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 April Update black screen: I have a Dell Inspiron 14 3451 laptop with Intel Celeron N2840 processor. Each time i try to upgrade to the April update, my laptop works for a few seconds then the screen turns black. I had to downgrade to the Fall creators update as a result. Is this because of the graphics...
  7. Hp pavilion won't access windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hp pavilion won't access windows 10: Hello i need help my hp Pavilion which cost me a lot of money and i just got it a little over a month ago is telling me that it cant access windows 10 and i have no idea how to fix it and everything ive tried hasnt worked is there any way to contact an employee that can walk...
  8. Uisng windows 10, HP officejet 6968 does not print in color

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Uisng windows 10, HP officejet 6968 does not print in color: The printer makes copies in color. In Windows 10 settings on my HP laptop, there is no option to select color. In "printing preferences" the paper/quality section only gives a an option labelled "print in grayscale"....
  9. Microsoft 10 - blue tooth icon disappeared

Microsoft 10 - blue tooth icon disappeared: My bluetooth icon has disappeared from the Device Manager. I was using a bluetooth mouse for most of the morning and then around 12:30pm PST my mouse started to act flaky. I did updates, but still do not have the option to turn On/Off bluetooth. Perhaps I hit some key...
  10. Windows 10 - Update Done and Touchscreen Driver Apparently gone

Windows 10 - Update Done and Touchscreen Driver Apparently gone: I updated my computer, and was on the phone for 45 minutes with a rep while we reset my entire system. I went into the Device Manager and looked under Human Interface Devices, and apparently my touchscreen driver is missing. Where can I download the touchscreen driver...