Windows 10: Changing default MailTo Protocol in Windows 10

Discus and support Changing default MailTo Protocol in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I would like to change the default MAILTO Protocol in Windows 10 to a program of my choice but it won't let me choose anything other than Thunderbird... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dlwmacgregor, Jul 29, 2015.

1. dlwmacgregor Win User

Changing default MailTo Protocol in Windows 10

I would like to change the default MAILTO Protocol in Windows 10 to a program of my choice but it won't let me choose anything other than Thunderbird or Microsoft Mail.
    How do I select a specific program (in my case it is OEClassic).
    Thanks.

:)

dlwmacgregor, Jul 29, 2015
  2. TJLY Win User

Can't choose mailto: client after latest windows 10 update

On one of our PCs I now have the default email application showing as TWINUI in settings and it is not possible to change this. I have tried:

• simply choosing a different program (Outlook) (settings crashes)
    • trying to find one in the App Store (gives an error: ms-windows-store:Assoc?protocol=mailto Wrong value for register)
    • trying to associate the mailto protocol with Outlook (settings crashes)
    • trying to associate Outlook with the mailto protocol (settings crashes)

I checked the integrity of the system using DISM and then SFC /scannow with no corruption identified.

The problem is not for all users of the PC, only some.

There are obviously some registry values corrupted somewhere, but the solution

here
    (deleting the user keys and leaving just the local machine key, so that windows recreates the user keys based on the local machine key) did not work either.

Any ideas? Thanks!

3. JonasÄng Win User
    Protocol and change proramms Windows 10 (uTorrent)

I was wondering why i cant se my uTorrent program in in the list when changing the protocols ?

As in changing the default programs we have the options of "More apps" and then after that "Look for an another app on this pc" option. How come that we/i dont have the option in protocols ?

Cant only find two why of changing it, thru "start -> settings -> system -> default apps -> choose default apps by protocols"

Or "control panel -> default programs -> associate a file or protocols whit a program"

Both ways do not give of a manual direction to what program i want to use.

Magnet links for example, my uTorrent do not show up so i want to point to it or email "Mailto" protocol.

Now i am using e-mail app so "Mailto" protocol is not an issue for me. Tho a good example.

If i now need to go int to the regedit directory to fix this it should be part of next update

Grump Gamer

Jonas

JonasÄng, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

Changing default MailTo Protocol in Windows 10

1. Changing default MailTo Protocol in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Changing default MailTo

2. changing default font on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    changing default font on windows 10: I want to change the default font on my laptop settings from what it is now to a elegant one like lucinda handwriting for example. so whenever i see any words letters whatever they are in that specific font and not the plain times new roman or whatever. does anyone know how...
  3. changing a default

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    changing a default: How do I change the default back to ,pdf https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/changing-a-default/a3d87691-bd9d-4c16-b3d9-fd3eff8aaa3e
  4. Changing "all" default icons in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing "all" default icons in Windows 10?: I have been modifying my setup software to look a lot more retro and have been replacing is, screensavers and sounds with that of older OSes (my favourites are Windows 98 Sed Edition and Windows ME, and I use some Windows 95C material). Changing the is of shortcuts and...
  5. Registry fix or other command to set default for mailto Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Registry fix or other command to set default for mailto Windows 10: I don't yet know how widespread this is nor what causes it but if there is a quick and easy one click method to reset I would appreciate the info. What is happening is that the MailTo default is getting changed to the browser default. Or at least that was the case in the...
  6. Set Mailto default to Gmail in Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Set Mailto default to Gmail in Chrome: I've googled and searched tenforums and found descriptions of how to do this but nothing seems to work. I have added the mailto Handler in Chrome settings and it shows mail.google.com. I have set the Mail default app to Chrome. I have set the default Mailto protocol...
  7. How To Change MAILTO: Protocol To OEClassic or Thunderbird? (W10CE)

in Browsers and Email
    How To Change MAILTO: Protocol To OEClassic or Thunderbird? (W10CE): As the header asks, anyone cracked how to get MAILTO: to look for a programme in the list rather than an App? God I hate what MS have done to this edition of Windows. I found the following online and using the first batch file I managed to at least get .eml extension to...
  8. Mailto: in Browsers not working

in Browsers and Email
    Mailto: in Browsers not working: Good Day, I have recently upgrade to windows 10 and the mailto: links dont work anymore. Running outlook 2013. When I go to a webpage with a clickable email it no longer opens outlook new message. I tried to check the default programs, made sure that outlook is the default...
  9. Mailto Links

in Browsers and Email
    Mailto Links: Win 10 Ms Edge (and Chrome) How do I make mailto links in websites point to Gmail? Currently every time I click a mailto it gives a choice of Gmail or Outlook. I wish it default to Gmail, and if possible not the app but the program. 20308
  10. Stop windows store as default protocol handler on chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop windows store as default protocol handler on chrome: On chrome, I once clicked on remember my choice for this "link/filetype" e.g. [img] Now when I go to a windows store site on google chrome e.g. The Dark Crystal - Microsoft Store It auto launches windows store app.. [img] When it launches, all my...