Windows 10: Changing default MailTo Protocol in Windows 10

Discus and support Changing default MailTo Protocol in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I would like to change the default MAILTO Protocol in Windows 10 to a program of my choice but it won't let me choose anything other than Thunderbird... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dlwmacgregor, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Changing default MailTo Protocol in Windows 10

I would like to change the default MAILTO Protocol in Windows 10 to a program of my choice but it won't let me choose anything other than Thunderbird or Microsoft Mail.
    How do I select a specific program (in my case it is OEClassic).
    Thanks.

:)

dlwmacgregor, Jul 29, 2015
  2. TJLY Win User

Can't choose mailto: client after latest windows 10 update

On one of our PCs I now have the default email application showing as TWINUI in settings and it is not possible to change this. I have tried:

• simply choosing a different program (Outlook) (settings crashes)
    • trying to find one in the App Store (gives an error: ms-windows-store:Assoc?protocol=mailto Wrong value for register)
    • trying to associate the mailto protocol with Outlook (settings crashes)
    • trying to associate Outlook with the mailto protocol (settings crashes)

I checked the integrity of the system using DISM and then SFC /scannow with no corruption identified.

The problem is not for all users of the PC, only some.

There are obviously some registry values corrupted somewhere, but the solution

here
    (deleting the user keys and leaving just the local machine key, so that windows recreates the user keys based on the local machine key) did not work either.

Any ideas? Thanks!

3. JonasÄng Win User
    Protocol and change proramms Windows 10 (uTorrent)

I was wondering why i cant se my uTorrent program in in the list when changing the protocols ?

As in changing the default programs we have the options of "More apps" and then after that "Look for an another app on this pc" option. How come that we/i dont have the option in protocols ?

Cant only find two why of changing it, thru "start -> settings -> system -> default apps -> choose default apps by protocols"

Or "control panel -> default programs -> associate a file or protocols whit a program"

Both ways do not give of a manual direction to what program i want to use.

Magnet links for example, my uTorrent do not show up so i want to point to it or email "Mailto" protocol.

Now i am using e-mail app so "Mailto" protocol is not an issue for me. Tho a good example.

If i now need to go int to the regedit directory to fix this it should be part of next update

Grump Gamer

Jonas

JonasÄng, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

Changing default MailTo Protocol in Windows 10

1. Changing default MailTo Protocol in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Changing default MailTo

2. Windows 11 Pro update default mailto is not working,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro update default mailto is not working,: I have an issue setting the default mail app on both my work and home laptops, in both cases I installed outlook first then a second mail app. Notes for an old archive on my work WS and Thunderbird for home. After installing these became the default mail apps so when I right...
  3. How to change the FTP default protocol to windows explore?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change the FTP default protocol to windows explore?: Since all browsers have removed ftp url support I have been using IE as my default protocol. In June Microsoft will be removing IE from windows, so I wanted to just change the default protocol app to windows explore but I can't windows 10 does not consider explore an App what...
  4. How change default MailTo: to an app not listed?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How change default MailTo: to an app not listed?: I use an application by the name of Outlook Express Classic which is very much like the Outlook Express program that was discontinued by Microsoft. I want this to be my only email client program. I was able to make it my default App for eml files, but I am unable to make it...
  5. How to change default Batch Rename protocols?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change default Batch Rename protocols?: For my job, I do a large amount of saving documents from one location to another, and renaming sequential files. How do I get the default batch rename feature to change from adding a (1), (2), (3), etc... at the end of the file, and instead change it to -1,-2,-3, etc...? Eg,...
  6. Need to change to an app for the MAILTO protocol, a different client, that is on my...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need to change to an app for the MAILTO protocol, a different client, that is on my...: How can I change to an app for the MAILTO protocol, a different client, that is on my computer, but not on theMICROSOFT STORE........I was always able to simply select my APP from MY PC, but now there is no option to do this, only the suggestion order toSEARCH THE MICROSOFT...
  7. Unable to change default app by protocol or filetype.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change default app by protocol or filetype.: We use Bluebeam to open pdf files. The .pdf file is associated with this program, so if I double click on a .pdf file, it opens with this program. However: If I make hyperlinks in Excel to .pdf files, and I click on the hyperlink, it opens with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. If I...
  8. Registry fix or other command to set default for mailto Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Registry fix or other command to set default for mailto Windows 10: I don't yet know how widespread this is nor what causes it but if there is a quick and easy one click method to reset I would appreciate the info. What is happening is that the MailTo default is getting changed to the browser default. Or at least that was the case in the...
  9. Set Mailto default to Gmail in Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Set Mailto default to Gmail in Chrome: I've googled and searched tenforums and found descriptions of how to do this but nothing seems to work. I have added the mailto Handler in Chrome settings and it shows mail.google.com. I have set the Mail default app to Chrome. I have set the default Mailto protocol...
  10. How To Change MAILTO: Protocol To OEClassic or Thunderbird? (W10CE)

in Browsers and Email
    How To Change MAILTO: Protocol To OEClassic or Thunderbird? (W10CE): As the header asks, anyone cracked how to get MAILTO: to look for a programme in the list rather than an App? God I hate what MS have done to this edition of Windows. I found the following online and using the first batch file I managed to at least get .eml extension to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. changing mailto windows 10

2. windows 10 mailto protocol default

3. change windows 10 mail to protocol

4. how to change default mailto in windows 10,
  5. windows 10 mailto unable to change default mail app twinui,
  6. ms-store assoc?protocol=mailto,
  7. windows 10 protocol mail to,
  8. cant set outlook on mail to protocol twinui,
  9. ms-windows-store:Assoc?protocol=mailto,
  10. twinui outlook mailto,
  11. mailto protocol windows 10,