Windows 10: Changing Default program in Win 10 home

Discus and support Changing Default program in Win 10 home in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When going into setting/apps & features/set default by app; I don't see the installed app that I prefer to use; specifically I want to use AVS4YOU... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by alanbessey, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Changing Default program in Win 10 home

When going into setting/apps & features/set default by app; I don't see the installed app that I prefer to use; specifically I want to use AVS4YOU media player to auto-play mp4 files and the like. I cant locate it under programs/default to choose it. I am likely missing something here.

When I right click on mp4 file/send to my installed program does not show up. Other apps like VLC media player do show up.

Help the confused one please!!!

:)

alanbessey, Oct 12, 2018

2. Change How Folders Open By Default (My laptop keeps using CMD)

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response. I suggest you to set File Explorer as the Default program and check if that helps. To do this, refer the steps given below.

• Open Control Panel.
    • Search for Default Programs.
    • Go to Default Programs.
    • Look for File Explorer towards the left pane and select it.
    • Set this as default program and apply changes.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Oct 12, 2018
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    how do I change the default program for extracting files

Hi,

You can change the default program that's extracting the files by either changing it from the settings or right-clicking on the zipped file and choose which program will open it. We'd like to know which program are you using yo extract the files.

In the meantime, follow the steps below to change the default program:

• Right-click on the file you want to extract.
    • Choose Open with and select which program you want to use.
    • In other cases, a new menu will appear when choosing Open with. You can choose "Choose Default Program" from there.

Change the default programs from the Settings.

• Go to Settings. Choose Apps then
      Default apps.
    • Select the app or program you want to use as default from the list.

We'll wait for your response.

Anne Ros, Oct 12, 2018
  4. Changing Default program in Win 10 home

Accidently changed default program for INDEX files Windows 10

Hello,

Microsoft has a reference where you may refer on regarding changing the default program in Window 10. We suggest that you check this

link
    out. This contains easy steps regarding your concern.

Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Lawrence Lib, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

Changing Default program in Win 10 home

1. Changing Default program in Win 10 home - Similar Threads - Changing Default program

2. Win 10 default program list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 default program list: I am 66 and set in my ways. I downloaded a copy of the antique version of MS Paint from the internet because it has features I'm used to. I got it to work in Win10, but the only way to ad a .jpg or .bmp file to it is to drag and drop it, then it works perfectly. I want to...
  3. Win 10 default program list

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 default program list: I am 66 and set in my ways. I downloaded a copy of the antique version of MS Paint from the internet because it has features I'm used to. I got it to work in Win10, but the only way to ad a .jpg or .bmp file to it is to drag and drop it, then it works perfectly. I want to...
  4. Win 10 default program list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Change Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Change Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro: How can we get the OS changed from Win 10 Home From original HP Desktop with preloaded os to Win 10 pro desktop and that to that should be 100 % genuine.Suggest plz....
  6. Change default program

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change default program: I just got a new computer. I always use Paint Shop Pro for my pictures. But I can't get Windows to open all pictures in it. I always have to go more steps. And even if I say to use Paint Shop as program - for sure next time I open a picture I get Windows photo app. Any idea...
  7. change default home page

in Windows 10 Customization
    change default home page: How do I set my default home page? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/change-default-home-page/db1f2a28-b067-436f-b75d-fc31362d9604
  8. Change default program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change default program: Hi I have both OneNote2010 and OneNote2016 installed (because you must the whole 2016-office suite) but I just use the 2010 version After the last Windows update default program for (.one) has changed back to 2016 And I cant find the 2010 version to add How can you...
  9. Win 10 Home default storage locations

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Home default storage locations: I started using a new PC with Win10 Home installed. After a couple of days, I received a message saying my OneDrive space was almost full. When I looked into this I found the default location for my photos is a OneDrive folder. This was set automatically. When I try to change...
  10. Win 10 Not Remembering Default Programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Not Remembering Default Programs: I'm experiencing a problem with images attached to an email. Each time I click on an image to view it, I am presented with a menu asking me to select the default program. I check the 'default' box, I select Picasa photo viewer, and I see the photo. But, I have to do...