Windows 10: Changing default save location for apps

Discus and support Changing default save location for apps in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Problem: Changing default drive for new content. Attempting to change from C to D drives primary to secondary drives First message: Delete other apps?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by crabbynatpatty, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Changing default save location for apps

Problem: Changing default drive for new content. Attempting to change from C to D drives primary to secondary drives
    First message:
    Delete other apps? This drive has apps from another device, to use this drive delete them.
    Click yes,
    Error code 0x80070005 comes up.

I have done the following:
    Run sfc and DISM scans through cmp.
    Done windows updates
    Restarted the PC.

Please note: I have had to change the drive containing the windows within this pc and hence I'm not sure if these apps might be from the previous drive not uninstalling them correctly. I'm not sure if this is what it might be referring to regarding 'apps from another device'.

I do have apps on the drive, that I have installed after changing the primary drive - things like steam, origin, which have games on there. Should I uninstall all of those, see if the settings could be changed after that and then reinstall them - the reason that I haven't is because it will be very time consuming and not sure if that will fix the problem.

Thank you in advance for your time.

:)

crabbynatpatty, Apr 24, 2020

2. Default location to save documenets

Hi Frank,

Sorry for the delayed response.

From your recent description, it seems like the issue is confined to Word documents. If true, then follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Launch Word application.
    • Go to File Menu and select Options.
    • In the pop-up dialog box, towards the left pane, select Save.
    • Under Default location file, browse the location you want to save.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Apr 24, 2020
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Making HDD as default saving location instead of sdd for files

Hi Kiefer,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

I suggest you to try the following steps to change default saving locations. Check if it helps.

• Click on Start and click on
      Settings.

• Open System and click on
      Storage in the left-pane.

• Under the section Save Locations in the
      right-pane, select the appropriate location to which you want to save files.

• Restart the computer and check if it helps.
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Apr 24, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Changing default save location for apps

Brink, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

Changing default save location for apps

1. Changing default save location for apps - Similar Threads - Changing default save

2. Changing the default save location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing the default save location: I wanna change mt default save location on my pc since im gonna download games from the microsoft store from the xbox game pass. So i need to change my default save location on my pc for my apps. But when i try to change to my other hard drive it tells me that i have apps on...
  3. Unable to install and change default app save location.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to install and change default app save location.: Hi, I have an issue where I am unable to install games from the microsoft store on my D: drive. When I got to the store and install try to install a game I will select my D: drive and press install but nothing will happen.I then tried to change deafult install location of...
  4. Can not change default save location

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can not change default save location: I am trying to change my default save location so i can save games to my other drive. My pc is not allowing me to do so. Says there are apps on the drive from another device and must be deleted first. Then gives me an error code 0x80070005. Any ideas what to do here?...
  5. Changing default app location.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing default app location.: I have Game Pass and want to install a few games, however, when I choose to change the default app location in Windows it mentions it will have to remove existing apps on the other drive. C: Is my OS Drive and has all my game modifications on it, D: However is for Steam and...
  6. Changing default app location.

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing default app location.: I have Game Pass and want to install a few games, however, when I choose to change the default app location in Windows it mentions it will have to remove existing apps on the other drive. C: Is my OS Drive and has all my game modifications on it, D: However is for Steam and...
  7. I can't change my default app save location

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't change my default app save location: i tried to change my default app save location from my C to my D drive, whenever i try this a message pops up saying "This drive has apps from another device. To use this drive, the other apps must first be deleted. Do you want to continue?" When i click no nothing happens...
  8. Changing Save Location Of Apps

Changing Save Location Of Apps: I tried to change the save location of apps so that I could install fallout 76 through the Xbox app on my computer, however it gave me the error code "0x80070002" and said that the operation could not complete successfully. P.S I do have a steamlibrary folder in the...
  9. Change default save location to Desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change default save location to Desktop: For a Windows 10 laptop, is there a way to change the default save location from Onedrive to the PC Desktop? I don’t like to save Word files on the cloud, especially as some documents are sensitive. Every time I click ‘save’ on a new document, I always have to click a few...
  10. Changing Default Save Location

Changing Default Save Location: Just upgraded SSD and installed fresh version of Windows 10 version 1909. My SSD is the C: drive. Prior to the SSD upgrade, files such as Documents, Downloads, Music and Pictures were saved to my D: Hard Drive. Example: D: >Gagnon >Documents In other words my D:...