Windows 10: Changing default storage locations

Discus and support Changing default storage locations in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Every time I download any new music, its stored automatically in the file explorer, C:. when I go to change that default location, it doesn't give ant... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CSQ95, Jul 27, 2020.

1. CSQ95 Win User

Changing default storage locations

Every time I download any new music, its stored automatically in the file explorer, C:. when I go to change that default location, it doesn't give ant other option to save anywhere else but drive C:. This is very frustrating as they are then not found in the media player to be copied to any other device and i see no way to move the music over to the media player, other than adding them to a playlist on the media player, but that doesn't permanently put them in the media player

:)

CSQ95, Jul 27, 2020

2. Changing the default storage designation for the Microsoft Windows Store and various apps.

Hi Isaac,

The default storage location for the Windows store and apps is in system location where Windows is stored (This PC-> C drive), if you want to change the default location of the apps then I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings
    and check if it helps.

• Open Settings and click on the System icon.
    • Click on Storage on the left side, on the right side under
      Save locations, select the drive to where you want your
      documents
      , music, pictures, and/or
      videos
      to be saved to by default.
    • Click/tap on Apply.

The above settings option is available only from the Windows version (10586), I suggest you to check in which version of Windows build in installed on your computer.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Jul 27, 2020
  3. Can I Change My Default Desktop Location??

Hello Lucas,

You may change the default location for the desktop and library folders on Windows 10.

To change the default location of the folders, please follow these steps:

• Click Start, type This PC and press
      Enter
    • Right-click the Desktop folder and select Properties.
    • Go to Location tab and click Move.
    • Find the new location for the Desktop folder and click
      Select
      Folder.
    • Click OK to finish.

The steps must be done on each of the library folders.

Regards.

Devlin Sco, Jul 27, 2020
  4. Changing default storage locations

Photo Viewer default download storage location

Since you wanted to change the default location of your Microsoft Photo Viewer to another drive, we suggest that you try to check on the link below first:

Storage Spaces in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Marivel Man, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

Changing default storage locations

1. Changing default storage locations - Similar Threads - Changing default storage

2. Storage location changed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage location changed: Hi, my C drive was almost full so as suggested in one of the questions here I just changed my "where new content is saved" from C to D drive. Does it mean all my "user" data is now moved to D drive or everything I save from now on will be saved in the new loc.And also what...
  3. Storage location changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage location changed: Hi, my C drive was almost full so as suggested in one of the questions here I just changed my "where new content is saved" from C to D drive. Does it mean all my "user" data is now moved to D drive or everything I save from now on will be saved in the new loc.And also what...
  4. Storage location changed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Access denied for Windowsapps, Post changing the default content storage location in...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Access denied for Windowsapps, Post changing the default content storage location in...: [ATTACH] Respect snaps have been attached for your ref. Am having two internal storage drives- SSD 256GB System drive + HDD 931GB Recently, I've changed the default Storage content from System drive SSD-256GB to my HDD thro' storage setting->Change where new content is...
  6. Changing default storage location and reverting back

Changing default storage location and reverting back: Hi, I just got a newly PC installed with Windows 10 Pro. I changed some default locations for storing documents, videos, music etc. to point to another drive instead of C. This is working fine. Then I also changed the default storage location of new applications and...
  7. Changing default Location for Picture Storage on Windows Photo App

Changing default Location for Picture Storage on Windows Photo App: For uploading pictures from my phone to computer the windows app does to things: First, it always puts the photos into my video folder. Second, with each import it automatically generates a new folder (sometimes though I am only importing one picture) Is there a way to...
  8. How to change default storage location from SSD to HDD.

How to change default storage location from SSD to HDD.: I have a SSD(C:) and a HDD(G:) installed in my PC, I want to use the SSD for my more important files and things I want to boot faster and I want to use the HDD for general storage, the only problem is everything that I download defaults to downloading into my SSD(C:), I don't...
  9. Change Defult Storage Location

Change Defult Storage Location: Hi there, I recently purchased a new computer where the hard drive is partitioned into a smaller C drive which is just a boot drive and larger D drive which is meant for everything else. I am having trouble because the C drive is the default drive for installation of new...
  10. How do I change default location for file storage?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change default location for file storage?: I need to store files at a location other than my SSD boot drive. I right click on a folder icon e.g., "downloads" and go to properties/location and change the drive letter. I go to the icon, right click and the location has been changed. However, downloads continue to go...