Windows 10: Changing Defult Folder/File Display Size on entire computer

Discus and support Changing Defult Folder/File Display Size on entire computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am unable to discover a way to do this in Windows 1.0. I have been able to do the with absurd ease in every earlier version of Windows. What is wrong... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by andrewweyandt, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Changing Defult Folder/File Display Size on entire computer

I am unable to discover a way to do this in Windows 1.0. I have been able to do the with absurd ease in every earlier version of Windows. What is wrong with this version??? I found an earlier post about this very problem but the solution given does not seem to be possible at all! I followed the instructions to go to settings/Display and there is no option shown there to do this.

It is extreemly frustrating that I have to change EVERY SINGLE FOLDER and SUBFOLDER individually to be able to use it at all! This is IMHO something that should have been fixed in the earliest alpha testing! That it survived until the OS has actually released to the public and more over has not been fixed yet several years after release is further proof that 1.0 the worst version of Windows ever rerleased. I will never put it on my own Computer under any circumstance and if I could remove it from my Parent's computer, I would in a heartbeat. It is frustrating, annoying and completely unusable.

Anywho, now that I've got my frustrations out, perhaps one your support people can find a way to do this and if not, will pass the message along to whoever might be working on the next few updates that this would be helpful to some people out there. Thank you for dealing with me too.

GF

:)

andrewweyandt, Nov 30, 2018
  2. Frogger Win User

?? How do I PW protect Folders in windows

hmmm?
    Sharing files and folders overview You can share the files and folders stored on your computer, on a network, and on the Web. The method you choose depends on whom you want to share files with, and what computer they will use to access the files.

When you share files or folders, they are not as protected as they are when you do not share them. People with access to your computer or your network might be able to read, copy, or change files that are in a shared folder. You should always be aware that the files and folders that you share are available to other people and be sure to monitor your shared files and folders on a regular basis.

Important

If your computer is not joined to a domain, you can use the Network Setup Wizard to automatically turn file and printer sharing on or off. To start the Network Setup Wizard, click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Setup Wizard.
    If you both use the same computer

You can put the files you want to share in the Shared Documents folder. Files stored in the Shared Documents folder or its subfolders are always available to other users on your computer.

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, the Shared Documents, Shared Pictures, and Shared Music folders are not available.
    If both computers are on the same network

You can share a folder or drive on your computer with others on the network. You can also control whether the files in the shared folder can be modified by other users.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, you will need to set the Access control for the folder or drive after sharing it. For more information, go to To set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions.
    If you want to share your files online

You can publish pictures and documents on the Web using the Web Publishing Wizard. The files will be stored in a private, online folder that you manage.

Step-by-step procedure

If you don't want others to access your files

You can prevent other users from accessing your folders and the files they contain. When your computer is connected to a domain, this is called setting permissions for your file or folder. When your computer is connected to a workgroup, this is called making your folders private.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure

'HELP' it can be your friend *Smile Changing Defult Folder/File Display Size on entire computer :)

Frogger, Nov 30, 2018
  3. Drone Win User
    Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Nov 30, 2018
  4. Changing Defult Folder/File Display Size on entire computer

Directory Size Utility

Thanks buddy! Yea, this section's not dead. Kreij and I have big plans for this section. I don't want to give nothing away, but we have some bigger projects down the road. *Toast :toast: I feel I'm pretty good at coding with different languages, but I'm well behind Kreij's level of experience with those other Languages. I've been working on those other languages, and soon I'll feel comfortable enough to start, and not feel like I'm holding the project back. *Toast :toast:

Now on to your suggestions.

• maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that? Yea, that's been bothering me and I like your suggestion "Add Folder". I'll change it on the next release.
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs) I could add this, but let me see if I understand what you're asking. By subfolders you mean add all the folders in the left panel to the right panel? Those folders are all the subfolders in the "Get folder".
    • maybe you also add export list to excel? I'll add this on the next release.
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too? I'll add this on the next release.
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories? I'll add this on the next release.
    These are all great suggestions! Thanks Drone! *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

Changing Defult Folder/File Display Size on entire computer

1. Changing Defult Folder/File Display Size on entire computer - Similar Threads - Changing Defult Folder

2. Display Font Size Changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Font Size Changed: Hi, Last week I started up my Surface laptop Studio and the Font Size has changed. Everything is huge and I do not like it. Could somebody please assist me with resolving this issue? I went into the display settings several of times and still cannot figure it out. R/SAndy...
  3. Display Font Size Changed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display Font Size Changed: Hi, Last week I started up my Surface laptop Studio and the Font Size has changed. Everything is huge and I do not like it. Could somebody please assist me with resolving this issue? I went into the display settings several of times and still cannot figure it out. R/SAndy...
  4. Lost an entire folder of files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost an entire folder of files.: Hello guys, Please I lost an entire folder of files today in drive d. Am not sure I mistakenly deleted it because the folder properties still show that the allocated space for the folder is still the same 368gb. All subfolders are also present but showing as empty folders. I...
  5. Folder icon issues, my folders wont change their defult and keep showing this in the icon...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Folder icon issues, my folders wont change their defult and keep showing this in the icon...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Fedora-sharK [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e7lze6/folder_icon_issues_my_folders_wont_change_their/
  6. File display size

in Windows 10 Support
    File display size: Since the 1903 update, whenever I open a file that is pinned to the taskbar, it opens as a thumbnail, even though they are set to open maximized. how do I get them back opening maximized? Any advice appreciated. Thank you. 136691
  7. changing the display size

in Windows 10 Customization
    changing the display size: At one point in time, before MS decided to do thing backwards, I was very easily able to find how to change my screen size. Now with the unorganized and just a mess of settings between having settings and control panel and numerous options located in numerous locations for...
  8. Change Defult Storage Location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change Defult Storage Location: Hi there, I recently purchased a new computer where the hard drive is partitioned into a smaller C drive which is just a boot drive and larger D drive which is meant for everything else. I am having trouble because the C drive is the default drive for installation of new...
  9. Text size changes in display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text size changes in display: I’ve gone through several pages and haven’t seen my issue of text size described. I wrote an explanation of the issues on the attached screen capture. In my old windows 7 OS when I set the text size to 12 they stayed at the size I set. With windows 10 after setting the size...
  10. Changing display size

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Changing display size: I have a PC running the latest (17th February, 2018) Windows 10. It uses my TV set as a monitor. The display is slightly too large for the screen area so I can't see the edges. In the past, it has been possible to make small adjustments to the Windows 10 display so that the...