Windows 10: Changing dekstop icon names

Discus and support Changing dekstop icon names in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Alright so the question i'm about to ask will sound stupid, but for my OCD it's quite nerve racking/Important. I had to return my laptop to the shop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Finesto, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Finesto Win User

Changing dekstop icon names

Alright so the question i'm about to ask will sound stupid, but for my OCD it's quite nerve racking/Important.

I had to return my laptop to the shop so i decided to clean wipe my laptop. Which obviously resulted in me having to redownload my apps, but i was okay with this. My desktop is well organized cause ion really like messy things. After rearranging my apps i noticed that the text of my desktop apps aren't the same as it was before. Clicking spacebar untill its nice even didn't work either.

I will add 2 pictures for more enlightenment about what i'm asking here.

Does anyone know how i can resolve this & allign it back to the way it was/the way i want to?

Like i said before, it sounds stupid & looks irrelevant for most, but for my undiagnosed OCD it's pretty much unbearable.

Thanks in advance

Changing dekstop icon names b79333d1-8cd3-4409-9ae4-bf5bf1aa5513?upload=true.png <- Before Changing dekstop icon names 41a9cb29-093a-4caf-94d9-e96f030e7249?upload=true.png <- after

:)

Finesto, Jul 13, 2020
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Cant place icons on certain places on dekstop

We appreciate the information you've provided. We suggest downloading the latest update, KB4020102, to see if that resolves your concern with the icon placement.
    To do that, go to Settings > Update & Security
    > Check for Updates.

We also recommend changing the desktop icon settings. To access it, follow these steps:

• Click Start.

• Type Themes and press Enter.

• Click Change desktop icons.

• Uncheck Allow themes to change desktop icons.

• Click Apply.

• Click OK.

After installing the latest updates and changing the desktop icon settings, check if you can place icons on the left side of your screen.

Let us know if what happens to your icon placement after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Jul 13, 2020
  3. name changes??

If you desire a name change please do the following:

• Ask yourself if you really need a name change.
    • Make sure you have a good reason.
    • Know what you want your new name to be before you request a name change.
    • Send Urlyin a PM containing a decent explanation of your reason as well as your desired name.

Polaris573, Jul 13, 2020
  4. psbecker Win User

Change Folder Icon in Windows 10

I just acquired a new laptop running Windows 10 and am trying to change the icons of the folders in the StartUp "Program" folder so that they would stand out a little better. I used my admin account and followed all the steps listed above, but when I clicked on "Apply", nothing happened. The same basic windows folder icon remained attached to the folder. I also tried to go into Properties and capitalize some of the folder names, but that didn't work either. Looks like something is protecting them, but I cannot figure out what it is much less how to get around this blockage, Any suggestions?

psbecker, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Changing dekstop icon names - Similar Threads - Changing dekstop icon

2. Dekstop problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dekstop problem: I`ve accidently put my Dekstop in D:/. Now, every file from disk D is displayed on my screen which I don`t like. How I can set my Dekstop to previous location? I know, that i gotta change it`s properties, but %USERPROFILE%\Desktop command doesn`t work and I can`t find Dekstop...
  3. Dekstop problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dekstop problem: I`ve accidently put my Dekstop in D:/. Now, every file from disk D is displayed on my screen which I don`t like. How I can set my Dekstop to previous location? I know, that i gotta change it`s properties, but %USERPROFILE%\Desktop command doesn`t work and I can`t find Dekstop...
  4. Dekstop problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Icon changing names for no reason

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon changing names for no reason: I was using my PC recently and had to go into "This PC" from Windows System in Start List. When i entered there were folders for Desktop and Documents but no downloads folder. Music , Pictures and Videos folders were there. At this stage i noticed Downloads had been renamed...
  6. Dekstop ethernet network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dekstop ethernet network: Hello, i have got a problem that my windows computer occasionally turns of internet and it turns back on, it messes up the stream and needs to reconnect the internet, I use ethernet instead of WIFI and it does it as often as about 30 minutes or 1 hour....
  7. can't change desktop icon names

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't change desktop icon names: Whenever I try to change the name of desktop icons, it asks for admin rights (I have them, only user on Windows, admin), I give it and then the whole computer just hangs until I restart explorer.exe from Task Manager. Anyone else having the same problem? Any solution or...
  8. Missing icons in programs and features and changing names

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing icons in programs and features and changing names: Some of my programs icons are missing in programs and features. They are also missing from the start menu. How do I get them back again? I also want to change the name of some of the programs installed on my computer. Solution: right click on a program in the start menu...
  9. Icon images missing in dekstop and file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon images missing in dekstop and file explorer: My computer is a Lenovo Y700 laptop. Specs: i7 6700HQ @ 2.6GHz (Turbo to 3.5), GeForce GTX 960M 4GB, 16GB Ram, 256GB SSD. I had to force a log-off after a game (Tom Clancy's The Division) got locked up. I was able to use Ctrl-Alt-Del instead of holding down the power...
  10. Can't Drag Icons to Dekstop (win10)?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Drag Icons to Dekstop (win10)?: I've just got a new laptop with Windows 10. I've managed to add some icons to the desktop (during installation), but I want to add more for quick use. I'm trying to add Windows Media Player (example). I open start, find WMP, click and hold, and drag onto desktop. However,...