Windows 10: Changing Dial-In Permissions for a Local User

Discus and support Changing Dial-In Permissions for a Local User in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to set up a Workgroup server running Win2012R2 Server Core (i.e no Domain so no AD Based solutions, please) to act as a VPN server for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by rjfma, May 7, 2019.

1. rjfma Win User

Changing Dial-In Permissions for a Local User

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a Workgroup server running Win2012R2 Server Core (i.e no Domain so no AD Based solutions, please) to act as a VPN server for an SSTP VPN. I have everything going using a combination of Powershell and RSAT from Win10 Pro EXCEPT giving the local user account on the VPN Server "Allow" for Dial-In Network Access Permission. Using Computer Management/Local Users and Groups/Users -> Properties from the Win10 system does not provide the Dial-In tab and I can't find a Powershell cmdlet that gives access to that permission either.

Yes, I could use a Win2012R2 GUI server to do the job, but I'd rather keep the smaller footprint of Server Core and, yes, if I use a Win2012R2 GUI as the management box it would have the Dial-In tab, but that rather defeats the purpose.

Does anyone have a way of accessing the Dial-In tab from Win10, or a Powershell or cmd-line way of accessing that permission for a local user?

Thanks

:)

rjfma, May 7, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Unable to set restriction for local user in Windows 10

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

• How did you noticed that user is still able to access the drive?

• Did you log into the local user account and check the permission?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below to restrict the user.

• In File Explorer, right click on the drive which you want to restrict.
    • Click Properties.
    • Click the Security tab.
    • Click on Edit to change the permissions.
    • Uncheck all the permission for system.
    • Click OK and make sure the change is applied to all subfolders and files.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, May 7, 2019
  3. SreehariV Win User
    accidently changed permission on local disk E

i changed permission on local disk E and removed users n groups(Authenticated users ). Now i cant write anything on to that local disk. what can i do to restore default permission rights?? (I tried adding Authenticated users from security>edit>add>advanced>search
    list but then it showed some error message. )

SreehariV, May 7, 2019
  4. Changing Dial-In Permissions for a Local User

how to change folder and file permissions in windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Are you trying to give permission to particular files and folders?
    I suggest you to follow the below step and check if it helps.

• Once you choose the file that you want to give permission, right click on it.
    • Click on properties and go to security tab, check whether any permission have been set.
    • After you have viewed the permissions that are already set, you can now click on the Advanced Button that is right below the "Permissions for Authenticated Users"
    • Once you have clicked Advanced, a box like this should appear, the "Permission Entries" box, which shows all the permissions that are set for the users. Now, after you have spotted the user whose permissions you wish to change, click "Change Permissions.
    • Click on the user you would like to edit, and then click the option that says "Change Permissions" which is right below the box.
    • Once that is clicked, you are going to get the same box pop up, but this time, you can actually edit the options. You do that by clicking the "Administrators" user again, and this time, you are going to click the "Edit" option.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 7, 2019
Thema:

Changing Dial-In Permissions for a Local User

1. Changing Dial-In Permissions for a Local User - Similar Threads - Changing Dial Permissions

2. Changing permissions on the local disk/cdrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing permissions on the local disk/cdrive: Might be an silly question but i had to make an exceptional case and give myself full control of the local disk, can i change the permissions to how they were before?Just anxiety of getting locked out of my own drive or something like that....
  3. Changing permissions on the local disk/cdrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing permissions on the local disk/cdrive: Might be an silly question but i had to make an exceptional case and give myself full control of the local disk, can i change the permissions to how they were before?Just anxiety of getting locked out of my own drive or something like that....
  4. Changing permissions on the local disk/cdrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. change name of "local user"

in Windows 10 Customization
    change name of "local user": On my laptop windows 10 I am called "local user" how can I change this to my name? I know it's petty but I hate it! simple directions pretty please :- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-name-of-local-user/d800757d-ee90-454b-9c52-5af36779d1cd
  6. how to I restrict permissions to create local users

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to I restrict permissions to create local users: I am trying to make it so I can no longer make new user profiles while retaining the rest of my admin privileges can anyone help me? submitted by /u/GZero006 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k04c9z/how_to_i_restrict_permissions_to_create_local/
  7. Change Local User into MicroSoft Accout

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change Local User into MicroSoft Accout: Win 10 Pro 1803 Details regarding my desire to change as little as possible: Using this PC as server for two other win 10 PCs on home network. All very old, barely able to run win 10, activations from win7, were XP (server), XP and Vista. Activations for none appear...
  8. Changing to a local user account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing to a local user account.: Hey guys, I am thinking of changing to a local user account. My main questions is, when there is a windows update (1809 to 1903) would my personal settings be still there when i upgrade or will I have to redo my settings? Also, if I change to a local account, would that...
  9. how to change a user from local user

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to change a user from local user: How the heck do I change a user account(admin type) from being a local user, when I need to log into a network? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-a-user-from-local-user/5cf90880-2c4d-4c06-9baa-c0dc5b894dbf
  10. Domain Users not receiving Local Administrators Permissions

in Windows 10 Support
    Domain Users not receiving Local Administrators Permissions: Hey all, I am currently testing Windows 10 for implementation at the company I am working at and so far everything is working pretty good. When setting up computers we always add Domain Users as a member of the local administrators group so to be able to have certain...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. you have no dial-in permission

2. no dial-in permission

3. what is a dial in permission

4. dial in permission