Windows 10: Changing display driver to windows basic display adapter using command prompt

Discus and support Changing display driver to windows basic display adapter using command prompt in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; ok. So I installed uhd graphics 620 and now my window won't start and is stuck in bootloop. I want to set display driver on windows basic display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AliArshad2, Feb 6, 2023.

1. Changing display driver to windows basic display adapter using command prompt

ok. So I installed uhd graphics 620 and now my window won't start and is stuck in bootloop. I want to set display driver on windows basic display adapter using command prompt in setup recovery.. How do I do so please help.. last time I fix this problem using safe mode but this time even safe mode not working

:)

AliArshad2, Feb 6, 2023

2. No Display after Microsoft Basic Display Adapter

Hi,

As you are facing issues with changing the brightness on your device, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What exactly happens when you try to change the brightness on your device?

Make sure that you are able to access the display on your device to follow the below troubleshooting step.

I suggest you to download the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website, place the computer in Safe mode with Networking, uninstall the existing drivers, re-install the new drivers manually and check if it helps.

Step 1: Boot the device to Safe mode and uninstall the existing drivers and restart the computer.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Step 2: Steps to Uninstall the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Uninstall.

Refer to the article by Ander Da Costa on
    How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows
    try to install the drivers in compatibility mode.

Step 3: Follow the below steps to
    place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type msconfig and press
      Enter.
    • In the System Configuration window, click on
      General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as
      Normal startup, click on Apply
      and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of changing the brightness for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 6, 2023
  3. The graphics driver shows as “Microsoft Basic Display Adapter” after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi,

With regard to your query, your Display Adapter is listed as Microsoft Basic Display Adapter instead of the correct driver name. If you have recently update your display card driver, and this problem comes along, what we can try to do here is to roll the
    display adapter's driver back to it's previous version.

Please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter's category, and right-click Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, select
      Properties.
    • Under Driver tab, choose Roll Back
      Driver.

If rolling back the driver is unavailable, update the display driver manually.

• In Device Manager, expand Display
      adapter's category and right-click Microsoft Basic
      Display Adapter, and select Properties.
    • Under Driver tab, choose Update Driver.
    • Select Browser my computer for driver software.
    • Click the Browse button, then navigate to the folder where you place the downloaded display card driver setup file.
    • Reboot the computer for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Feb 6, 2023
  4. Changing display driver to windows basic display adapter using command prompt

microsoft basic display adapter

VGN-FS570, clean install from xp to win 10 having a problem the graphic display, only seeing microsoft basic display adapter, not getting the full screen of the display, cannot change the adapter, tried
    to install adapter, not supported by your device

the problem is cannot change microsoft basic display adapter, not getting full screen on display, also seeing a yellow arrow on the adapter in device manager, was able to get full screen when using win xp. how do i fix this problem,
    I have tried numerous technique without success

CurtisClaxton, Feb 6, 2023
Thema:

Changing display driver to windows basic display adapter using command prompt

1. Changing display driver to windows basic display adapter using command prompt - Similar Threads - Changing display driver

2. Display adapter suddenly changed to Microsoft Basic Display Driver and now nothing is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display adapter suddenly changed to Microsoft Basic Display Driver and now nothing is...: So I was just having a good time on my gaming laptop watching a Youtube video, and all of a sudden my wallpaper went missing. I could not change my brightness. My laptop was very slow. I went into my display settings in the Windows Settings app. It said; Display 1: Connected...
  3. basic display adapter drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    basic display adapter drivers: How can I update the driver for the basic display adapter windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/basic-display-adapter-drivers/b5adc157-a44f-4366-ae17-6342d8c362ef
  4. basic display adapter drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    basic display adapter drivers: How can I update the driver for the basic display adapter windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/basic-display-adapter-drivers/b5adc157-a44f-4366-ae17-6342d8c362ef
  5. basic display adapter drivers

6. Changing display driver to windows basic display adapter using command prompt

Changing display driver to windows basic display adapter using command prompt: ok. So I installed uhd graphics 620 and now my window won't start and is stuck in bootloop. I want to set display driver on windows basic display adapter using command prompt in setup recovery.. How do I do so please help.. last time I fix this problem using safe mode but...
  7. Changing display driver to windows basic display adapter using command prompt

Changing display driver to windows basic display adapter using command prompt: ok. So I installed uhd graphics 620 and now my window won't start and is stuck in bootloop. I want to set display driver on windows basic display adapter using command prompt in setup recovery.. How do I do so please help.. last time I fix this problem using safe mode but...
  8. Computer's Display Driver Suddenly Changed to Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.

Computer's Display Driver Suddenly Changed to Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.: So my friends computer shows that it has Microsoft Basic Display Adapter but it runs on a intel i5 2450m, which has a integrated graphics driver, and he used that pc to play his games and it had no issues with it, suddenly today it shows that the graphics driver changed to...
  9. Computer's Display Driver Suddenly Changed to Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer's Display Driver Suddenly Changed to Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.: So my friends computer shows that it has Microsoft Basic Display Adapter but it runs on a intel i5 2450m, which has a integrated graphics driver, and he used that pc to play his games and it had no issues with it, suddenly today it shows that the graphics driver changed to...
  10. Computer's Display Driver Suddenly Changed to Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.