Windows 10: Changing display numbers and projection settings

Discus and support Changing display numbers and projection settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I'm familiar with how to change basic display settings drag and drop, make 1 primary and 2nd one secondary. But I have a problem. On my last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AzorAhaiCRO, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Changing display numbers and projection settings

Hi, I'm familiar with how to change basic display settings drag and drop, make 1 primary and 2nd one secondary. But I have a problem. On my last windows today when I'd choose a projection option "Show only on PC screen" might be called different, I'm using Croatian then the display is on my secondary monitor. Also, even though I made the monitor I wanted primary, it's still numbered as 2. In my last windows also this monitor which I'm using mainly was the number 1 and whenever I wanted to use it alone, I'd do Windows button + P and choose "Show only on PC screen". Now when I want to use it I have to go on "Show only on 2nd screen" and it's kinda annoying.

Help?

:)

AzorAhaiCRO, Apr 16, 2020

2. display projection problem

Hi Leerance,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you are experiencing and will certainly help you in the right direction to fix the issue. However, I would appreciate if you could answer a few questions to narrow down the issue in order to provide you with better assistance.

a. Are you trying to project the screen on a TV or on a different monitor?

b. How are you trying to project - wirelessly or using an HDMI/VGA cables?

c. What exactly happens when you try to project your screen?

d. Do you get any error message?

I would suggest you to try the steps provided below and check these are helpful in projecting your screen.

• First you need a video cable for making the physically connection. For better picture quality, you should connect the computer to the TV using standard VGA ports or via the DVI to HDMI cable provided your TV supports these ports.
    • Open the "display settings" in your computer and activate output to the TV screen. You can either mirror content of your computer on the TV or extend the display just like a dual monitor screen.
    • Pick up your TV remote and switch to "External Inputs" from the menu. You will need to change the default "Video 1" to a different selection which may be "HDMI 1" or "Video 2" depending on how you have made the connection.
    Important: Make sure you connect the cable to the TV before turning on the computer as sometimes it may fail to recognize external display.

You may also need to change the screen resolution of your TV using the Display settings in your Control Panel else the picture may appear distorted.

If, however, you are trying to project your screen wirelessly, I would suggest you to refer to the information provided in the following article:

Project to a wireless display with Miracast

[Note: The article applies to Windows 10 as well]

Fix connections to Bluetooth audio devices and wireless displays

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/...audio-devices-and-wireless-displays#v1h=tab02

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Apr 16, 2020
  3. Display settings changed

Hi,

We would like to know more information regarding your display settings issue. For better assistance, please answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • How are you trying to extend the display?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Apr 16, 2020
  4. Changing display numbers and projection settings

display mode

Hi Sam,

If you want to change the display settings of your PC. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click on your PC screen.
    • Click on Display settings.
    • Select Projecting to this PC.
    • From there you can now enable the settings for your PC projection.

Let us know if you need further assistance and we will be glad to help.

Acelyn Alc, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

Changing display numbers and projection settings

1. Changing display numbers and projection settings - Similar Threads - Changing display numbers

2. How to change display numbers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change display numbers.: Got a dual monitor setup, however my main display, already set to main display, is identifying as monitor 2, causing most apps to startup on my secondary monitor. Furthermore even when turned off, my secondary monitor still identifies, meaning I can't open and use a variety...
  3. How to change display numbers.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change display numbers.: Got a dual monitor setup, however my main display, already set to main display, is identifying as monitor 2, causing most apps to startup on my secondary monitor. Furthermore even when turned off, my secondary monitor still identifies, meaning I can't open and use a variety...
  4. Monitor identity change, or project only to display 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor identity change, or project only to display 3: I am wondering how to change monitor identity, or failing that I am pleading with Microsoft to add a new feature, you see...When I press windows key + P, I get the option to display only on monitor 2 and this was fine, as my main monitor was monitor #2 before, but now I have...
  5. Monitor identity change, or project only to display 3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor identity change, or project only to display 3: I am wondering how to change monitor identity, or failing that I am pleading with Microsoft to add a new feature, you see...When I press windows key + P, I get the option to display only on monitor 2 and this was fine, as my main monitor was monitor #2 before, but now I have...
  6. Changing display numbers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Changing display numbers: I am not sure where to ask about this, but........... I have an Asus dual GTX 1060 and 2 monitors. #2 is connected to the DVI port and #1 is on the HDMI port. #2 is my default monitor. With Windows set to extend the monitors, when the system boots, the boot screen appears on...
  7. Can't change Display from number 2 to number 1 on Display Settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't change Display from number 2 to number 1 on Display Settings: Hi, Since I've started using a new secondary monitor, my apps will always open in the secondary one. This is because on the Display settings it appears as the primary, even if I force my actual primary to be the primary, the secondary keeps having the role. I've tried to do...
  8. Is there a way to change the defaut projection settings? If i plug a display into my hdmi...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to change the defaut projection settings? If i plug a display into my hdmi...: I want to be able to close the lid on my laptop and plug in the hdmi to a much larger monitor and just have it function like a desktop submitted by /u/izzo444 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gstek4/is_there_a_way_to_change_the_defaut_projection/
  9. Changing display settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing display settings: When I turn my HP laptop off and back on, the display setting for duplicate screens changes to show display only on screen 2. The laptop is HDMIed to a Sharp TV. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-display-settings/9c433081-5e0d-4608-b700-1e62f647bfe0
  10. Windows randomly changing display project modes

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows randomly changing display project modes: Hi, Pretty much since I installed Windows 10 a few years ago, I've had this odd problem that is from what I can tell, completely random. I use three main monitors that use the Extended profile when viewing (Win+P) I then switch to Second Screen Only which is my TV. It works...