Windows 10: Changing display numbers

Discus and support Changing display numbers in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I am not sure where to ask about this, but........... I have an Asus dual GTX 1060 and 2 monitors. #2 is connected to the DVI port and #1 is on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by ruggb, Mar 24, 2021.

1. ruggb Win User

Changing display numbers

I am not sure where to ask about this, but...........
    I have an Asus dual GTX 1060 and 2 monitors. #2 is connected to the DVI port and #1 is on the HDMI port.
    #2 is my default monitor. With Windows set to extend the monitors, when the system boots, the boot screen appears on monitor #1, then everything runs on #2.
    How can I make the boot screen appear on #2?

I can find nothing in the NVidia control or Windows control to do that.
    I am assuming the reason #2 cannot be made #1 is that it is defined by the port it is plugged into.
    I am not talking about setting right/left monitor. I want identify to show 1 on my default monitor that now shows 2.

Or I would be happy with making the boot screen show on #2.

The MB is an MSI MPG x570 Gaming Plus.

Previously, with my old MB, the boot appear on #2, so is it a MB issue?

:)

ruggb, Mar 24, 2021

2. Display Name and Number In Contacts E51

I Can not get my E51 to display Name and number in my contacts list any suggestions

gregjr---01, Mar 24, 2021
  3. KyleMit Win User
    Windows 10 - Change Display Numbers / Identity

I can get to the display setting where I can re-order displays:

Changing display numbers VkWCB.png

But is it possible to actually re-number them as well?

The reason simply re-ordering doesn't fit my use case, is because other applications, like Skype, will use the original numbers and locations, which leads to some counterintuitive selections

Changing display numbers XGnEu.png

All of these threads just suggest using display settings to shuffle monitors around:

KyleMit, Mar 24, 2021
  4. Jerry8A Win User

Changing display numbers

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Mar 24, 2021
Thema:

Changing display numbers

1. Changing display numbers - Similar Threads - Changing display numbers

2. Excel: Display numbers as credit card numbers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excel: Display numbers as credit card numbers: I followed instructions in Display numbers as credit card numbers - Microsoft Support and entered as text, but it does not show as numbers. It's a combination of numbers, letters, punctuation and symbols. Please advise. Thank you....
  3. Excel: Display numbers as credit card numbers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excel: Display numbers as credit card numbers: I followed instructions in Display numbers as credit card numbers - Microsoft Support and entered as text, but it does not show as numbers. It's a combination of numbers, letters, punctuation and symbols. Please advise. Thank you....
  4. How to change display numbers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change display numbers.: Got a dual monitor setup, however my main display, already set to main display, is identifying as monitor 2, causing most apps to startup on my secondary monitor. Furthermore even when turned off, my secondary monitor still identifies, meaning I can't open and use a variety...
  5. How to change display numbers.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change display numbers.: Got a dual monitor setup, however my main display, already set to main display, is identifying as monitor 2, causing most apps to startup on my secondary monitor. Furthermore even when turned off, my secondary monitor still identifies, meaning I can't open and use a variety...
  6. Can't change Display from number 2 to number 1 on Display Settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't change Display from number 2 to number 1 on Display Settings: Hi, Since I've started using a new secondary monitor, my apps will always open in the secondary one. This is because on the Display settings it appears as the primary, even if I force my actual primary to be the primary, the secondary keeps having the role. I've tried to do...
  7. Changing display numbers and projection settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing display numbers and projection settings: Hi, I'm familiar with how to change basic display settings drag and drop, make 1 primary and 2nd one secondary. But I have a problem. On my last windows today when I'd choose a projection option "Show only on PC screen" might be called different, I'm using Croatian then the...
  8. change number

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    change number: how do I change the phone number for my Microsoft account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-number/c51d2adf-874d-4b0d-8feb-156adad5a295"
  9. No display number

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No display number: Hi. I have an HP notebook and wish to display screen on tv. When I plug in HDMI cable, the display appears on tv, but notebook display goes black. When I go into display settings there is no display number showing so I cannot select 1/2. It did display originally but some...
  10. How do I change primary display number and functionality

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How do I change primary display number and functionality: Acer desktop computer with Nvidea GTX 745 card. Main display is Dell 22" monitor (DVI connection - no HDMI support). I purchased a 19" TV as a second monitor (HDMI connection - no other connection available). The configuration automatically has my Dell as 2 and the TV as...