Windows 10: Changing Display option from Intel HD to NVidia GeForce

Discus and support Changing Display option from Intel HD to NVidia GeForce in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptop has a NVidia GeForce 940 mx graphic card but due to format (which was done by a person from Microsoft) of my laptop, the display card is set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PremaMahale, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Changing Display option from Intel HD to NVidia GeForce

My laptop has a NVidia GeForce 940 mx graphic card but due to format (which was done by a person from Microsoft) of my laptop, the display card is set to intel. When I ran the directX diagnosis, it said my graphic card was the intel chip family. but it also said I have the nvidia graphic card. how do I change the display card?

:)

PremaMahale, Dec 4, 2018

2. Problem with intel and Geforce Display driver

Hi Marcus,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

For a better clarity of your issue, please answer these queries below:
    • Do you receive any error code or error message?
    • What is the make and model of the pc?
    I would like to inform you that, you need to login to the PC using the Microsoft Account, to check, if that helps.

Also, I suggest you to install any pending updates on the PC to check, if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the PC and login to the either administrator account or the Microsoft account to check, if that helps.

Then refer to the Microsoft article link below and check, if the issue still persists.

Sign in with a Microsoft account:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-microsoft-account

This issue could occur due to corrupted or incompatible display adaptor device driver or graphic card driver on your system.

Please follow these methods below, and check, if it helps.

Method 1:

Uninstall and reinstall the Intel and Geforce Display driver and check, if it works. Refer to the following steps to uninstall the Intel and Geforce Display driver from the Device Manager.

a. Click on Windows key + X and then, select Device Manager.

b. Locate and expand Intel and Geforce Display driver in the Device Manager Window.

c. Right-click on the Intel and Geforce Display driver and click on “uninstall".

d. Restart the computer and check, if it works.

e. Download the latest Intel and Geforce Display driver from the manufacturer’s website and reinstall it.

If the issue still persists, follow the Method 2.

Method 2:

This issue occurs due to the outdated Intel and Geforce Display drivers may not be compatible.

The Intel and Geforce Display drivers could be compatible with the previous version of Windows, rather than Windows 10.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall the Intel and Geforce Display drivers and reinstall the latest Intel and Geforce Display driver in compatibility mode and check, if it works.

Follow these steps to install the Intel and Geforce Display drivers in compatibility mode.

1. Download the latest Intel and Geforce Display drivers from the manufacturer’s website.

2. Right-click on the setup file and click on "Properties".

3. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.

4. Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Please refer to the below article “How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10” by Mr. Andre Da Costa to update the drivers:

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Windows Update may have updated drivers available that may be relevant to your current issue. Many times, updated drivers are listed in the "Optional" section of Windows Update. Install any pending updates on the pc to check if that helps.

Please feel free to contact us with more information, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Dec 4, 2018
  3. Jhimbo3 Win User
    I have a NVIDIA GeForce graphics card as well as an integrated Intel HD graphics card

I have a NVIDIA GeForce graphics card as well as an integrated Intel HD graphics card. I know that by default NVIDIA is disabled, so I switched the setting on most of my programs to use NVIDIA however whenever I change it for Chrome it still uses Intel. I tried changing the GPU back and forth couple time, but nothing worked.
    I am using MSI GP62 7RD Leopard Laptop with Intel i7. My integrated GPU is Intel HD Graphics 630 and I also have NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050.

Jhimbo3, Dec 4, 2018
  4. Changing Display option from Intel HD to NVidia GeForce

Windows 10 - Nvidia GeForce - Update needed but Program doesn't open (Nvidia GeForce Experience)

Hi Barbara,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can understand, how frustrating it can be, when things don’t work as expected.

I'd be glad to help you.

Please answer the query, mentioned below:

• What is the error code or error message?
    I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Nvidia GeForce graphic card
    driver from the manufacturer website and check, if it works. Refer to the following steps to uninstall the
    Nvidia GeForce graphic card driver from the Device Manager.

a. Click on Windows key + X key and then, select Device Manager.

b. Locate and expand “Display Adaptor” in the Device Manager Window.

c. Right-click on the “Display Adaptor” and click on “uninstall" the
    Nvidia GeForce graphic card driver.

d. Restart the computer and check, if it works.

Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Dec 4, 2018
Thema:

Changing Display option from Intel HD to NVidia GeForce

1. Changing Display option from Intel HD to NVidia GeForce - Similar Threads - Changing Display option

2. How to change graphics from Intel to Nvidia?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change graphics from Intel to Nvidia?: My Nvidia control panal does not pop up when I right click on my screen. It does not open and I did everything I can from a other person having the same problem. Can someone please help me....
  3. How to change graphics from Intel to Nvidia?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change graphics from Intel to Nvidia?: My Nvidia control panal does not pop up when I right click on my screen. It does not open and I did everything I can from a other person having the same problem. Can someone please help me....
  4. How to change default display adapter from intel hd graphics 530 to nvidia gtx 950 m?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change default display adapter from intel hd graphics 530 to nvidia gtx 950 m?: Hello, I'm having trouble with black screen every few seconds after trying my new monitor using my laptop when i set the refresh rate to 120Hz, while it being okay when 60 Hz. I think its because my display adapter still using intel graphics card 530, Is there any way for me...
  5. How to change default display adapter from intel hd graphics 530 to nvidia gtx 950 m?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change default display adapter from intel hd graphics 530 to nvidia gtx 950 m?: Hello, I'm having trouble with black screen every few seconds after trying my new monitor using my laptop when i set the refresh rate to 120Hz, while it being okay when 60 Hz. I think its because my display adapter still using intel graphics card 530, Is there any way for me...
  6. How to change default display adapter from intel hd graphics 530 to nvidia gtx 950 m?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. NVIDIA Geforce 920m

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NVIDIA Geforce 920m: Hi, I would like to change my PC's default graphics processor to Nvidia Geforce 920m, which is installed in my system, how do i do it? Thanking you, Ibrahim https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-geforce-920m/b894ea00-c76d-46a2-adff-89b1f746428e
  8. Can't change display resolution from HD to Full HD

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change display resolution from HD to Full HD: My laptop HP 15 da-0327tu HDD crashed. Post installation of a new HDD and SSD laptop was working very slow hence added a SSD drive to improve the performance, I re-installed Win 10 64-bit using the HP recovery tool. Since, this re-installation I am unable to change my display...
  9. nVidia GeForce 8800GT and GeForce 9500GT

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    nVidia GeForce 8800GT and GeForce 9500GT: I have an older machine I use for backup (Dell OptiPlex 745) fairly well appointed, with an on-the-motherboard graphics adapter (Intel, I think) running one monitor and a plug-in nVidia based adapter, running two monitors. I was running Linux on it until January 2015, when I...
  10. Interaction with NVidia GeForce 750m & Intel HD 4600 in HP Envy 17'

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Interaction with NVidia GeForce 750m & Intel HD 4600 in HP Envy 17': Hi there, New here. Trying to ensure I stick to the good/bad thread title. I have a HP Envy 17 Leap Motion SE NB PC with: Windows 10 Home 64-bit Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4702MQ CPU @ 2.20GHz 2x4GB Micron Technology 1600MHz System Board:1968 KBC Version 93.52 BIOS:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change default display on hp envy 17 leap motion se nb pc to nvidia