Windows 10: Changing Display Settings Made my Computer Unusuable

Discus and support Changing Display Settings Made my Computer Unusuable in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Greetings Everybody! A few days ago, I was ordering something with my Windows 10 Computer Online and the Ordering part of it was too large and made... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ClaudiaThompson, May 8, 2018.

1. Changing Display Settings Made my Computer Unusuable

Greetings Everybody!

A few days ago, I was ordering something with my Windows 10 Computer Online and the Ordering part of it was too large and made it where I could not click on 'save' to be able to order the item I wanted to buy. And so I had to go to Display Settings to try to bring my Resolution down some.

When I did that though, I got a blue rectangle shaped thing that said that I could not use that resolution or something like that. It kept bouncing around the screen. I tried using the escape button, then I tried using the Control/ Alt/ Delete as I usually did, but neither of those things worked, the blue rectangle was still there bouncing around the screen. Then I tried restarting my computer and also turning it completely off at the plug but neither of those things worked.

Finally I ended up having to dismantle my computer and assemble my new one that fortunately, I had just recently bought. But I really would like to have my old computer as a back up. Could someone please explain to me what I need to do to my old computer to get it working properly again? I am afraid to ever use the changing the Display settings anymore.

Claudia

:)

ClaudiaThompson, May 8, 2018
Thema:

Changing Display Settings Made my Computer Unusuable

1. Changing Display Settings Made my Computer Unusuable - Similar Threads - Changing Display Settings

2. Undoing changes made to your computer; restart; Undoing changes made to you computer;...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Undoing changes made to your computer; restart; Undoing changes made to you computer;...: I have a Asus BR1100CKA-CE1-CA. It's 3 months old. It was running Windows 10. I dowmloaded and tried to install Windows 11. The laptop does a restart and then displays it is trying to undo changes to the PC for a while. Then it restarts and displays tje message again. It has...
  3. Undoing changes made to your computer; restart; Undoing changes made to you computer;...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Undoing changes made to your computer; restart; Undoing changes made to you computer;...: I have a Asus BR1100CKA-CE1-CA. It's 3 months old. It was running Windows 10. I dowmloaded and tried to install Windows 11. The laptop does a restart and then displays it is trying to undo changes to the PC for a while. Then it restarts and displays tje message again. It has...
  4. Undoing changes made to your computer; restart; Undoing changes made to you computer;...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Black screen- Undoing changes made to my computer

Black screen- Undoing changes made to my computer: Hi Everyone, So here's where I'm at at the moment [IMG] I've been trying to update for a while and it kept saying not enough space no matter how much I tried to remove, so I brought an external hard drive and tried updating - this didn't work so I stripped it back to the...
  6. Undoing changes made to your computer

Undoing changes made to your computer: For around a month now when i try and update my PC it downloads but then says "Undoing changes made to your computer" and precedes to undo the update. I've launched my PC through safe mode multiple times and it hasn't worked. It has made my launch times significantly higher...
  7. Undoing changes made to computer

Undoing changes made to computer: The computer I'm using to work from home borrowed from work keeps wanting to install Windows Updates but then undoes the changes. lt goes through this loop... I don't have access to a physical copy of Windows, I don't have a flash drive with a copy on it, I basically just...
  8. Undoing Changes Made To Your Computer ‘Unusual’ Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Undoing Changes Made To Your Computer ‘Unusual’ Problem: So, my PC was updating by itself when I was napping when I woke up I decided to turn it off which I wasn’t supposed to do and it lead me to a black screen and says, ‘Undoing Changes Made To Your Computer’ I waited for 5 hours and still has the same screen I was confused and...
  9. Changing display settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing display settings: When I turn my HP laptop off and back on, the display setting for duplicate screens changes to show display only on screen 2. The laptop is HDMIed to a Sharp TV. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-display-settings/9c433081-5e0d-4608-b700-1e62f647bfe0
  10. undoing changes made to your computer

undoing changes made to your computer: My Lenovo laptop did an update and has been screwed ever since. All I get is "undoing changes made to your computer". Tried the hard boot 3 time thing and that didn't work. It worked fine before your update. How can this be fixed? I'm using my old desktop to post this...