Windows 10: Changing Display Settings - reversion timeout

Discus and support Changing Display Settings - reversion timeout in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Does anyone know of any way to change the "settings timeout" when changing display properties? For instance: I have a monitor that I share between... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Matthew LaComb, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Changing Display Settings - reversion timeout

Does anyone know of any way to change the "settings timeout" when changing display properties?

For instance: I have a monitor that I share between work and home, and flipping between the two is somewhat convoluted. Long story short, I change the settings on my home Windows 10 machine to use the additional monitor, and then I have to hit a "source" touch button twice. Then the monitor takes about 10 seconds to fully display, at which time (since it's now the main monitor) the timeout for the settings change is close to 0.

Is there any way to extend this settings change timeout to a larger value? Perhaps someone has a registry key for me to tinker with...

:)

Matthew LaComb, Jun 7, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

How to change the Screen Timeout settings

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the desktop and click on Personalization.

• Click on Lock screen

• On the bottom of the screen click on Screen Timeout.

• Under screen select the Time period accordingly.
    Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Jun 7, 2019
  3. Unable to change windows 10 timeout

Unable to change windows 10 timeout

I have tried all options suggested like;

• changing lock setting in Persoanlize-lock screen-screen save settings- change wait value (doesnt hold value, whatever I set comes back to 2).
    • Changed registry to enable Power Options-Sleep-Sytem unattended sleep timeout , changed it to 60 min
    • Changed registry to enable Power Options-Display-Console lock display off timeout , changed it to 60 min
    • System file checker tool didnt find any correct/missing files "http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833/en-us"
    None of the options work, after 2 minutes my computer locks. Is there any way out of this nightmare or should I switch to older windows?

B Prakash 0626, Jun 7, 2019
  4. Changing Display Settings - reversion timeout

Display

Hi,

To increase the display timeout, I suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Select Desktop and click Personalization.
    • Select Lock Screen, then Click on Screen time out settings.
    • Change the required time in the drop down under Screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Renaldo cru, Jun 7, 2019
Thema:

Changing Display Settings - reversion timeout

1. Changing Display Settings - reversion timeout - Similar Threads - Changing Display Settings

2. Why can't I change the screen timeout settings?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why can't I change the screen timeout settings?: Why can't I change the screen timeout settings on my Windows 10? It shows as below. The time settings are grayed out. Any advice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-change-the-screen-timeout-settings/3796f89d-1ca6-4ae4-aa39-288475a10492
  3. Why can't I change the screen timeout settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I change the screen timeout settings?: Why can't I change the screen timeout settings on my Windows 10? It shows as below. The time settings are grayed out. Any advice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-change-the-screen-timeout-settings/3796f89d-1ca6-4ae4-aa39-288475a10492
  4. Why can't I change the screen timeout settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. display sleep timeout suddenly changed

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    display sleep timeout suddenly changed: This evening my screens went to sleep several times and when I checked in the settings it had been set to 1 minute. I'm the only one using this computer and this setting is normally at 15-20 minutes, I can't remember exactly but definitely not 1 minute. How on earth could...
  6. display sleep timeout suddenly changed

in Windows 10 Support
    display sleep timeout suddenly changed: This evening my screens went to sleep several times and when I checked in the settings it had been set to 1 minute. I'm the only one using this computer and this setting is normally at 15-20 minutes, I can't remember exactly but definitely not 1 minute. How on earth could...
  7. Changing display settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing display settings: When I turn my HP laptop off and back on, the display setting for duplicate screens changes to show display only on screen 2. The laptop is HDMIed to a Sharp TV. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-display-settings/9c433081-5e0d-4608-b700-1e62f647bfe0
  8. How to change Screensaver timeout settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Screensaver timeout settings in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Screensaver is a cool feature in Windows which lets you display animation or automatic change your wallpaper when you are not using the computer. It can also time out and lock the device when left idle for a long [...] This post How to change Screensaver...
  9. reverse to previous settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reverse to previous settings: How do i reverse a windows 10 reset? I inadvertently reset my Winfows 10 computer thinking I was restoring the system to a previous date and lost all my applications with their attendant files. How can I restore the files?... PLEASE HELP...
  10. Change Lock Screen Display Off Timeout in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Lock Screen Display Off Timeout in Windows 10: How to: Change Lock Screen Display Off Timeout in Windows 10 How to Change "Console lock display off timeout" in Windows 10 Console lock display off timeout is the amount of minutes Windows will wait idle with no activity while on the lock screen when a user locks the...