Windows 10: Changing display settings

Discus and support Changing display settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I turn my HP laptop off and back on, the display setting for duplicate screens changes to show display only on screen 2. The laptop is HDMIed to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by wallynaaf, Jan 25, 2020.

1. wallynaaf Win User

Changing display settings

When I turn my HP laptop off and back on, the display setting for duplicate screens changes to show display only on screen 2. The laptop is HDMIed to a Sharp TV.

:)

wallynaaf, Jan 25, 2020

2. Display settings changed

Hi,

We would like to know more information regarding your display settings issue. For better assistance, please answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • How are you trying to extend the display?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Jan 25, 2020
  3. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jan 25, 2020
  4. Changing display settings

Display settings

Hi Julia,

To reset the settings back to default, follow these steps:

• Go to your desktop, right click and select Display Settings.
    • Choose the appropriate settings from the options under Display.

Let us know if the above steps resolved the issue.

Venancio Khu, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

Changing display settings

1. Changing display settings - Similar Threads - Changing display settings

2. How to change notification settings display?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change notification settings display?: How to change notification settings display, so when I get some notification from app, it will pop up on the position where I want. I prefer to be on the top left corner of my screen. For your information, the windows version installed on my computer is windows 11. Thank you!...
  3. Windows changes display settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows changes display settings: On a number of occasions, when I turn on my laptop, Windows 11 has changed the lock screen to show pictures - while have always have it set to Windows Spotlight. And often changes the background to a different wallpaper to the one i use.I am getting fed up of always having to...
  4. Windows changes display settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows changes display settings: On a number of occasions, when I turn on my laptop, Windows 11 has changed the lock screen to show pictures - while have always have it set to Windows Spotlight. And often changes the background to a different wallpaper to the one i use.I am getting fed up of always having to...
  5. Display settings change randomly.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display settings change randomly.: I have an Asus Zenbook with Windows 10 using an LG external monitor. My display settings keep changing randomly from just displaying the external monitor to displaying both the laptop and external monitor, particularly after a Windows update. I cleared the display cache but...
  6. Accidentally changed Display Adapter settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Accidentally changed Display Adapter settings: I have Lenovo IdeaPad that originally came with Windows 7. I recently installedwindows 10. Since I was facing an issue with the graphics card driver I accidentally changed the Display Adapter fromMicrosoft Basic Display Adapter to Nvidia Legacy Device. I thought that this...
  7. multiple display settings changing themselves

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    multiple display settings changing themselves: I have an asus zenbook dou with a Samsung tv as my 2nd screen. The issue I'm having is windows keeps for some reason sometimes changing my display settings on its own. Like sometimes the monitor will rearrange themselves, or which monitor is primary will switch, or they'll go...
  8. Display settings keep changing

Display settings keep changing: So I have a laptop that I use mostly on a dock with an external monitor hooked up. I have it set as 2 separate displays, but when I take my laptop off the dock and use it as a normal laptop, and then put it back on the dock, the main display stays as the laptop rather than...
  9. Display settings randomly changing

Display settings randomly changing: I use a laptop - Windows 10. Used in one of three ways. Stand alone, 50% of the time with a power cable attached. Or, connected to a monitor via HDMI, with a power cable. Monitor is latest on market. On occasion, to a projector, latest on market, via HDMI. When...
  10. display settings window disappears when trying to change display settings

display settings window disappears when trying to change display settings: Hello and good day, I have a staff's surface pro that is used daily. Today when I tried to change the display settings, the display window loads up and immediately disappears. All I was trying to do for my staff is to change the multiple screen option. But we could not do...