Windows 10: Changing Downloads folder from C: SSD drive to D: HDD drive, now the downloads folder path...

Discus and support Changing Downloads folder from C: SSD drive to D: HDD drive, now the downloads folder path... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi ! I was trying to make space on my SSD by changing the location of the Downloads folder. I moved the location from C:\Users\MyName\Downloads to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AliFaraj1, Dec 29, 2019.

1. AliFaraj1 Win User

Changing Downloads folder from C: SSD drive to D: HDD drive, now the downloads folder path...

Hi !

I was trying to make space on my SSD by changing the location of the Downloads folder. I moved the location from C:\Users\MyName\Downloads to the D:\ folder. Now instead of moving the folder to the other drive, the location of downloads IS the drive, meaning all the contents are in the D:\ folder, instead of a "Downloads" folder existing in the D:\ drive. How can i reset this? Changing Downloads folder from C: SSD drive to D: HDD drive, now the downloads folder path... b537de62-c3e2-49ed-9aaa-2a6c6a68243f?upload=true.png

:)

AliFaraj1, Dec 29, 2019
  2. dianaΤ Win User

my d drive and downloads folder is the same folder???

my d drive is the same folder as my downloads folder and the important things I have in my d drive are now in the same place as my downloads and it's bad because sometimes I almost remove things that are important because I forget that my d drive and downloads
    folder are the same. Like I have a bunch of folders there that I've almost deleted numerous of times because I think im in the downloads folder and that it's just a copy of the original folder and then I remember that I'm on the actual drive. And it's really
    hard to clean out my stuff because I don't know what is what. Like sometimes I don't know if the file or folder in there is something that is downloaded and that I don't need or something important. I don't remember how this happened but I think that I was
    trying to make my d drive my main drive and one some way I changed the location of the drive to my downloads folder. Because I wanted the things I download to go into the d drive folder and not the c drive because I use that one for programs but I didn't want
    my downloads folder to be my d drive!

Is there any way to change it so my downloads folder is my downloads folder and that my d drive is somewhere else again?

Moved From:

dianaΤ, Dec 29, 2019
  3. dianaΤ Win User
    my d drive and downloads folder is the same folder???

The folder I drew a circle around is supposed to be the downloads folder and it's supposed to be named downloads folder(but in swedish) but now it's the d drive (as you can see it says D:\ ) so now my downloads and everything on my d drive are stored into
    the same folder.

Before when it was only the downloads folder the things I downloaded got stored into the c drive but I use the c drive for important things and it doesn't have much space on it and my d drive has a lot of space so I wanted my downloads to go into the d
    drive instead.

So I wanted my main drive where I download photos and videos and stuff to be the d drive and my important things such as programs to get installed into the c drive. But I think that I in some way changed the location of the d drive folder into the downloads
    folder so that's why it's like this. But is there some way to fix it`?

(also I can't move any of the files out of the d drive because it just says to copy them. Like I can cut them out and then paste them onto my desktop or something but I can't move them out of the d drive/downloads folder) I've also tried to reset the location
    of my downloads folder but because the downloads folder was in my c drive I cant. One of the folders on my d drive (the one thats called ''editing'' is 112 GB so I can't fix the downloads folder while it's in there because if I reset the downloads folder
    it will go back into the c drive and I only have 32GB left on my c drive so i can't change the location of the downloads folder. and I can't change the location of the actual d drive because then it goes to the downloads folder and it doesn't work.

But is there a way to make my d drive the main drive so my desktop and everything is on it instead of the c drive???
    Changing Downloads folder from C: SSD drive to D: HDD drive, now the downloads folder path... ba73f760-152e-49db-b2a4-08ef921b4390.png

dianaΤ, Dec 29, 2019
  4. Changing Downloads folder from C: SSD drive to D: HDD drive, now the downloads folder path...

moving download folder

i just got a new system with both an ssd and a hard drive, i installed the windows on the ssd and plugged the hdd after. when moving the download directory to the hdd i accidentally made it D:\ and not D:\Downloads. and now it registered my hdd as the
    downloads folder. whenever i change it it gives me an error "cant redirect a parent into a child. the specified path is invalid. and when i restore to defaults it gives the error "failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under the volume "D:\ System
    Volume Information." access is denied"

ibrahimmohamed1, Dec 29, 2019
Thema:

Changing Downloads folder from C: SSD drive to D: HDD drive, now the downloads folder path...

1. Changing Downloads folder from C: SSD drive to D: HDD drive, now the downloads folder path... - Similar Threads - Changing Downloads folder

2. C Drive Creating Download Folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    C Drive Creating Download Folder?: So I changed my default storage from C drive to my own external hard drive for everything. When I download an image it automatically pops up in the hard drive, but when I download a video or anything that i cant "save as", say a video from Google drive for example, it...
  3. Change main download drive from C: to D:.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change main download drive from C: to D:.: Hello. I recently bought xbox game pass. I want to download to my bigger D: 1tb drive. When i set the setting to drive D: then it says it contains some apps from different machine and asks me yes or no if i want to delete them. I click yes and it says try again later and...
  4. Change main download drive from C: to D:.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change main download drive from C: to D:.: Hello. I recently bought xbox game pass. I want to download to my bigger D: 1tb drive. When i set the setting to drive D: then it says it contains some apps from different machine and asks me yes or no if i want to delete them. I click yes and it says try again later and...
  5. Making a New Download Folder in the D: Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Making a New Download Folder in the D: Drive: Greetings Everyone, I came to a problem that I need the community's help with. I got two drives on my pc. An SSD for boot and a hard drive for mass storage. I was trying to change the location of the downloads to my D: drive, but whenever I do, the file automatically...
  6. I change the location path of my download system folder from drive C to drive D

I change the location path of my download system folder from drive C to drive D: I change the location path of my download system folder from drive C to drive D by right clicking the system folder, then I click theLocation tab, click the Move tab and I select the Drive D and then i clickedapply. And then it messed up. The Download icon now becomes a...
  7. Changing location of One Drive Pictures folders from a folder on c drive to d drive

Changing location of One Drive Pictures folders from a folder on c drive to d drive: I want the OneDrive to backup pictures from my d drive rather than my c drive. when I click location for my one drive pictures and try and change it I get the following error message Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same directory that can't be...
  8. Changed Downloads Folder to my D drive by accident without creating a downloads folder

Changed Downloads Folder to my D drive by accident without creating a downloads folder: Hello, My C drive was almost full so i decided to change the location to my 1Tb D drive but forgot to create a download folder, now all my downloads are in my d drive in disorder and its making me lose my mind. When i try to restore the original Download folder it says...
  9. Downloads folder moved from C to D drive and has been merged with User folder

Downloads folder moved from C to D drive and has been merged with User folder: I was running out of space on my C drive, so I decided to relocate the Downloads folder to the D drive within my User folderD:\Hashim Ali My user folder in the d drive This ended up merging my user folder and the downloads folder, making it one massive 40 GB folder I...
  10. D Drive and Download Folder Gone

D Drive and Download Folder Gone: After a recent Windows 10 update my D Drive disappeared, and with it all folders and files stored under 'Downloads' (on my C drive). I use a DELL XPS13 laptop. The files are rather important in nature (work), and I would love to recover them. I tried to run a recovery...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. move windows downloads folder to d:

2. I dont want my ssd to be named C

3. any reason not to move default downloads folder from ssd to hdd

4. moving downloads folder from ssd to hdd,
  5. i changed download folder to a hard drive