Windows 10: Changing downloads folder location

Discus and support Changing downloads folder location in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I accidentally changed my downloads folder location to D:\ partition. I want to change it to a folder called DOWNLOADZ_NEW in D:\ partition, how do I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by archz2, Feb 10, 2020.

1. archz2 Win User

Changing downloads folder location

I accidentally changed my downloads folder location to D:\ partition.

I want to change it to a folder called DOWNLOADZ_NEW in D:\ partition, how do I do it?

I'm using Windows 10 version 1909. (build 18363.628)
    This is how the downloads folder looks like in the left side menu of Windows explorer.

Changing downloads folder location [​IMG]

:)

archz2, Feb 10, 2020
  2. Nicrite Win User

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Feb 10, 2020
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Feb 10, 2020
  4. Changing downloads folder location

Changed the 'downloads' location to E-Drive. Couldn't reverse!!

Hi Gokul,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps and check if that helps:

• Right Click on Downloads folder.
    • Click on Properties.
    • Select Location tab.
    • Click on Move and choose your location.
    Hope it helps. Let us know if you need further assistance and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

Changing downloads folder location

1. Changing downloads folder location - Similar Threads - Changing downloads folder

2. Can't change downloads folder location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change downloads folder location: I reinstalled Windows 11 and I changed the location of my Downloads folder to OneDrive. I meant to changed it to OneDrive/Downloads, but mistakenly set it to my OneDrive. I am now unable to change the location in the Properties. Is there an alternative method?...
  3. Can't change downloads folder location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change downloads folder location: I reinstalled Windows 11 and I changed the location of my Downloads folder to OneDrive. I meant to changed it to OneDrive/Downloads, but mistakenly set it to my OneDrive. I am now unable to change the location in the Properties. Is there an alternative method?...
  4. changing the location of the downloads folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    changing the location of the downloads folder?: I accidentally moved the downloads folder to disk d without creating any files, and the entire disk d became downloads.The problem is that the files in the d folder are included in the downloads folder and I cannot move them back to the c disk because there is no space. Even...
  5. changing the location of the downloads folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    changing the location of the downloads folder?: I accidentally moved the downloads folder to disk d without creating any files, and the entire disk d became downloads.The problem is that the files in the d folder are included in the downloads folder and I cannot move them back to the c disk because there is no space. Even...
  6. Change download location.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change download location.: Hi everyone! My C drive storage is full so I didn't have enough storage to dowload a game Sea of Thieves. Is it possible to change the location of my next downloads? I have other hard drive. Thanks, Movido de: [PT-BR]...
  7. Changing downloads location

in Browsers and Email
    Changing downloads location: Hi all,,, At the moment whenever I download a file from the internet, it automaticly goes into a folder called Downloads on my D drive, but I want it to go in a folder on my C drive in Users \ Myname\ Downloads. Can you tell me how to redirect it please.? Len 142431
  8. download location change

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    download location change: how do i change the download location to my laptop. everything i download goes to my cellphone. please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-location-change/d537bce6-2fe0-4d4a-8cf0-392bbdf7ece5
  9. Downloads folder lcation changing location disabled

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloads folder lcation changing location disabled: Hi there, I played around to get my new OneDrive account sorted out and in a moment of insanity I moved my quick access Downloads folder. Once I realized that I should have just changed the quick access folders location to my OneDrive path, I somehow caused damage to the...
  10. Change download location

in Browsers and Email
    Change download location: Hi, I have a fresh install, dual booting with Windows 7 and I just notice that my default download location folder for Windows 10 is set to my download folder in Windows 7. How can I change it to be set to Windows 10. Hopefully screen shot can explain better . 22148