Windows 10: Changing drive location of a file and how it is saved in Windows 10

Discus and support Changing drive location of a file and how it is saved in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My SSD in WIndows 10 is consstantly popping up as full, despite my having already changed the location for new files to my HHD. I have found that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SusanGreen6, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Changing drive location of a file and how it is saved in Windows 10

My SSD in WIndows 10 is consstantly popping up as full, despite my having already changed the location for new files to my HHD. I have found that the culprit eating up all oh the memory in my SSD is the Roaming file in AppData. I am pretty positive it is my Adobe editing software.

I would like to change the folder storage from the SSD to the HHD which is less than half full, and make it where new files will automatically go there. Everything I have ready tells me to go to properties and click the location tab to change it from there. However, I do not seem to have a location tab. Not sure where to go from here. Any help is appreciated!

:)

SusanGreen6, Sep 30, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 30, 2019
  3. SSD drive is full, need to change the drive location to save apps and dowloads on Windows 10.

Hello Tamara,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

From the above description, I understand due to all the apps and other downloads downloading in the SSD location the drive status shows full.

You can try changing the drive location of downloads by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Settings and select the top most search result.
    • Select System and click on the Storage from the left side panel of the window.
    • Select the location of the drives you want apps,
      documents
      , music, pictures and
      videos
      to download and save on from the window under Save locations.
    • After selecting the drives, close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Sep 30, 2019
  4. Geethu B Win User

Changing drive location of a file and how it is saved in Windows 10

Making HDD as default saving location instead of sdd for files

Hi Kiefer,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

I suggest you to try the following steps to change default saving locations. Check if it helps.

• Click on Start and click on
      Settings.

• Open System and click on
      Storage in the left-pane.

• Under the section Save Locations in the
      right-pane, select the appropriate location to which you want to save files.

• Restart the computer and check if it helps.
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

Changing drive location of a file and how it is saved in Windows 10

1. Changing drive location of a file and how it is saved in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Changing drive location

2. cannot change save location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot change save location: i am trying to change my default save location to one drive, and when i try to change it in advanced storage settings, onedrive isn’t even an option. i can only save things to “Windows C:”...
  3. changing saved location on pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    changing saved location on pc: Just build a new pc so i installed my old 4tb hdd on my new pc and now that im trying to changed the saved files on windows 10 i get the error 0x80070005, im trying to change this so i can save all my games in my 4tb hdd and by the way old files of games are in there aswell....
  4. Change default save location to a network drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change default save location to a network drive: I know how to change the default save location in settings, but it only gives me options for the C/D drive and usb drives. I would like to change the default location to our network drive, where all files are saved. Is there any way to do this? submitted by /u/rellogic...
  5. Back to Basics: How to change the default save location in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Back to Basics: How to change the default save location in Windows 10: Continuing with our beginner friendly back to basics guides, this time we show you how to change default save locations in Windows 10. The operating system saves all documents, pictures, music etc to the drive Windows is installed on by default: this has always been the case...
  6. Accidentally changed screenshot save location as D drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidentally changed screenshot save location as D drive: My ssd is slowly filling up so as a way to free up a little bit of space I thought I'd move the screenshot folder to my D drive(which is a hard drive). But when doing this, instead of selecting a folder I selected the drive itself. So now all the screenshots are making a mess...
  7. Windows 10 'Wordpad' app, how to change default save location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 'Wordpad' app, how to change default save location: In Windows 10, how to change 'Wordpad' default save location from 'Documents'? (to Desktop). I have to manually select location each time, if not want saved in default 'Documents' folder. Is the only file type that does this. 'Notepad' app works fine. Thanks...
  8. Locating saved files

in Windows 10 Support
    Locating saved files: Windows 10 seems to have a mind of its own when I save files. I use "Save as"the first time and expect it to continue saving to the same location that I specified initially. But no, click on "Save" and it saves it in any one of a number of places so I end up with several...
  9. Change Storage Save Locations in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Storage Save Locations in Windows 10: How to: Change Storage Save Locations in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, you can change the storage drive location for where your new apps, documents, music, photos and videos, movies and TV shows, and offline maps are saved by default. You can use any...
  10. How To Change Program Files Location In Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Change Program Files Location In Windows 10: i am kind of confuse with windows 10 on how to change Program Files Location. i know in windows 7 and windows 8 all i had to do is go to ''HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion'' and change ProgramFilesDir to the hard driver letter to the on that i...