Windows 10: changing drives for storage

Discus and support changing drives for storage in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; how do I move storage between drives?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NadineHolland, Sep 29, 2019.

1. changing drives for storage

how do I move storage between drives?

:)

NadineHolland, Sep 29, 2019
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Hard Drive Storage

Hi William,

In Windows 10, you can change the default Save location for apps, documents, music, picture and video files to another drive or partition. You can follow the steps below to change the default Save location:

• If your Windows 10 version is 1703 and later, go to Start Menu
      > Settings > System settings
      > Storage> Change where new content is saved.

• Otherwise, go to Start Menu > Settings
      > System settings > Storage.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Can´t change the default storage drive.

Hello.

I changed the default storage drive (from C: to Dchanging drives for storage :) in "Settings>>System>>Storage, however the Windows continues to install all apps in C: drive. Any suggestion?

HelderCardoso_0707, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

changing drives for storage

Windows 10 Home will not boot or restart with USB Storage Spaces pool drives attached

Hi George,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Did you make any changes in BIOS?

• Are you getting any error message?
    I suggest you to update Storage controller drivers and check if it helps.

Steps 1:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Select Device manager.

• Expand Storage controller.

• Right click on the driver and Update the drivers.

Steps 2: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue
    is with device. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

changing drives for storage

1. changing drives for storage - Similar Threads - changing drives storage

2. Storage Drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Drives: I have just changed my desktop . I have two SSD hard drives C: where the programs are stored and D: for all my files, when I transferred the files from the old computer the folders for Documents, Pictures, Music, Video, Desktop and Downloads were on the C: drive after a while...
  3. Storage Drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage Drives: I have just changed my desktop . I have two SSD hard drives C: where the programs are stored and D: for all my files, when I transferred the files from the old computer the folders for Documents, Pictures, Music, Video, Desktop and Downloads were on the C: drive after a while...
  4. Storage location changed

Storage location changed: Hi, my C drive was almost full so as suggested in one of the questions here I just changed my "where new content is saved" from C to D drive. Does it mean all my "user" data is now moved to D drive or everything I save from now on will be saved in the new loc.And also what...
  5. Changing Storage Drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Changing Storage Drive: I'm thinking about changing from an HDD to an SSD, and I was wondering if I would just be able to copy all the data I have, operating system too, would that work, and if so would windows still be activated?...
  6. Changing Storage Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Storage Drive: I'm thinking about changing from an HDD to an SSD, and I was wondering if I would just be able to copy all the data I have, operating system too, would that work, and if so would windows still be activated?...
  7. Changing Storage Drive

8. storage change problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    storage change problems: hello everyone im beginning to pull my hair out of my head over this. so i have 2 storage disk a C: and a D: my D (HDD) driver is from my old pc that i plugged in in my new with a new SSD. but when i try to install games from the xbox app it only wants to install on my SSD...
  9. Eternal Hard drive storage changed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Eternal Hard drive storage changed: I have a seagate 2TB external hard drive. I downloaded a windows installer to try and get my old laptop working it didnt so i removed it and plugged it back to my pc to remove the installer and stuff but now it says its max compacity is 32GB instead of the original 2TB how...
  10. Recovery Storage and C Drive Storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recovery Storage and C Drive Storage: Hello- I have a computer with 1TB on it for storage but yet everything goes to recovery and my c Drive is almost empty????? HELP!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-storage-and-c-drive-storage/1839d27f-7ca9-45b1-b2c4-cfc8aab92efe"