Windows 10: Changing e-address to enable signing in to Microsoft (Windows 10)

Discus and support Changing e-address to enable signing in to Microsoft (Windows 10) in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, Helping a friend set up Windows 10 and mistakenly named his account different then his e contact address. I've tried to reset it but keep... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by johnhofmann, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Changing e-address to enable signing in to Microsoft (Windows 10)

Hi,

Helping a friend set up Windows 10 and mistakenly named his account different then his e contact address. I've tried to reset it but keep getting advised a verification code has been sent to the e contact address, which does not exist. An option to self correct states add another e-address but before I can the default reply comes back AGAIN... verification code sent to your e-address.

Thanks for help and or other options to try

John

:)

johnhofmann, Oct 30, 2018

2. Changing e-address to enable signing in to Microsoft (Windows 10)

Hi,

Helping a friend set up Windows 10 and mistakenly named his account different then his e contact address. I've tried to reset it but keep getting advised a verification code has been sent to the e contact address, which does not exist. An option to self
    correct states add another e-address but before I can the default reply comes back AGAIN... verification code sent to your e-address.

Thanks for help and or other options to try

John

johnhofmann, Oct 30, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 30, 2018
  4. Changing e-address to enable signing in to Microsoft (Windows 10)

Changing e-address to enable signing in to Microsoft (Windows 10)

Hello johnhofmann,

Regarding this issue try to rename the account:

1. Go to https://account.live.com, sign in with your credentials

2. You should click on “Use a different email address as your Microsoft account”

3. After clicking you will get the option to change the primary alias. Provide a new name.

If you have any issue with this that better to contact Microsoft account support:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/12401/...

Good luck

Mark St..., Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

Changing e-address to enable signing in to Microsoft (Windows 10)

1. Changing e-address to enable signing in to Microsoft (Windows 10) - Similar Threads - Changing address enable

2. Change primary profile e-mail address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change primary profile e-mail address: I need to change my primary profile e-mail address on my Microsoft account. I no longer have access to the e-mail address associated with my Microsoft account. I have added my new Outlook e-mail address to the account; however, when I try to make it my primary login address I...
  3. Change primary profile e-mail address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change primary profile e-mail address: I need to change my primary profile e-mail address on my Microsoft account. I no longer have access to the e-mail address associated with my Microsoft account. I have added my new Outlook e-mail address to the account; however, when I try to make it my primary login address I...
  4. Changing e-mail address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing e-mail address: Recently I've come home and since I remember I have a PC with Windows 8.1 not in the best state, but still working I'd want to change the e-mail address linked with the account I have on my PC. I'd also want to change the e-mail address on my Microsoft account. At the same...
  5. Changing e-mail address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing e-mail address: Recently I've come home and since I remember I have a PC with Windows 8.1 not in the best state, but still working I'd want to change the e-mail address linked with the account I have on my PC. I'd also want to change the e-mail address on my Microsoft account. At the same...
  6. Changing an e-mail address

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing an e-mail address: We moved house last year and we changed our e-mail address to include an indication of our new address. However, I am finding it impossible to close the old e-mail address in Microsoft and transfer any information still retained on it to our new e-mail address. I have tried...
  7. Change E-mail Address In Your Info

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change E-mail Address In Your Info: Hi My provider Tele2 Sweden is ending all e-mail services in February 2021 so I need to change my e-mail address associated YOUR INFO in my Microsoft account from tele2.se to my outlook e-mail address that I already have. Any help would be greatly appreciated Mark...
  8. E mail address change windows settings

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    E mail address change windows settings: Hi, Been a while since last here, but I have a question. I have just upgraded to Windows 10 2004, and I see on my setting page my avatar and E mail address. Is there any way to change this address, I have tried changing Microsoft Account primary address but this did not...
  9. Change Windows 10 sign-in email address

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change Windows 10 sign-in email address: I have a new email address and soon intend to stop using the email address associated with my Windows account. Can you please give me up-to-date details of how to do this. I know this question has been asked before, but the replies in the locked thread (now 2 years old) are...
  10. Enable or Disable Sign-in Screen Email Address in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Sign-in Screen Email Address in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Sign-in Screen Email Address in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Email Address on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10 Windows 10 has a new sign in screen that is more modern and touch friendly. By default, you need to dismiss the sign in to Windows...