Windows 10: Changing Email account linked to Microsoft Edge

Discus and support Changing Email account linked to Microsoft Edge in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I loaned my laptop to a friend and, while she had it, she somehow managed to establish her email address as the email address displayed in... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by OConghaile, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Changing Email account linked to Microsoft Edge

Hi, I loaned my laptop to a friend and, while she had it, she somehow managed to establish her email address as the email address displayed in Microsoft Edge. So every time I open Microsoft Edge my friend's name is identified in the top right hand corner as being the linked account. How can I delete this account from my laptop's Microsoft Edge and replace it with my own?

:)

OConghaile, Sep 2, 2019

2. Changing Email account linked to Microsoft Edge

Hello again

These options are not listed for going into the settings of Microsoft Edge. My apologies for the confusion. They are listed for going into the settings of windows. Edge picks up the email address of the Microsoft account that is linked in the Windows settings

TechGuy_82, Sep 28, 2019
  3. Changing Email account linked to Microsoft Edge

Hi,

thanks for your suggestion but this isn't working for me. I have opened the Microsoft Edge web browser, gone into Settings/General and the only Account that is listed is my friend's account (which I'm trying to delete and replace). There is no option listed
    for 'sign in with local account'.

I also went into the laptop Settings/Accounts/Email & Accounts. While I have successfully listed my own account under 'Accounts used by email, calendar and contacts', my friend's email is still listed under 'Accounts used by other apps'. While I have managed
    to list my own account here as well, when I click on my friend's account there is a 'Manage' button but when I click on mine, there is both 'Manage' and 'Remove'.

I hope this helps explaining the problem.

OConghaile, Sep 28, 2019
  4. Changing Email account linked to Microsoft Edge

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

Changing Email account linked to Microsoft Edge

1. Changing Email account linked to Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - Changing Email account

2. change Email in microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change Email in microsoft account: Hi,i want to change my Email from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** to *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. i already created the Email new@outlook and changed most of my website account to *** Email address is removed for privacy ***.''old'' and ''new''...
  3. Microsoft account email changed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft account email changed.: My Microsoft account email was changed and my password was changed also. I had made a other account with the same email, before my account was changed into another account. They had taken my phone number off, and changed my date of birth. I am trying to recover my account as...
  4. Changing Email On Microsoft Account

Changing Email On Microsoft Account: Hi,I have forgotten my password for my outlook account for user for windows account and have failed to reset the password. I have another outlook account I cant as I cannot login to it. Is there anyway to change this email without making a new user?...
  5. Changing Email On Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Email On Microsoft Account: Hi,I have forgotten my password for my outlook account for user for windows account and have failed to reset the password. I have another outlook account I cant as I cannot login to it. Is there anyway to change this email without making a new user?...
  6. Microsoft account linked with deleted email

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft account linked with deleted email: How can I access my Microsoft account with my deleted email? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-linked-with-deleted-email/0b618d3b-f06f-46c6-ad31-d15511fe50ad
  7. Microsoft account linked with deleted email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account linked with deleted email: How can I access my Microsoft account with my deleted email? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-linked-with-deleted-email/0b618d3b-f06f-46c6-ad31-d15511fe50ad
  8. Microsoft account linked with deleted email

9. Change the email on the microsoft account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Change the email on the microsoft account: Hi - Id like to change the main email on my microsoft account to my actual email addres instead of the .onmicrosoft.com one? Then I can actually link up my onedrive properly? at the moment its like two different accounts and the current email is far too long! Windows 10...
  10. Change email for Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change email for Microsoft account: I purchased a new laptop but my email is already connected to the Microsoft account of my daughter. Could you help me with advice how to separate our Microsoft accounts but not to lose content we have saved?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change my email on edge