Windows 10: Changing email address when logging in without creating a new account?

Discus and support Changing email address when logging in without creating a new account? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I was gifted the lap top and still have to log in with their email - this was one of 2 of the laptops they bought as a pair. Is it possible (now i have... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by LVS22, Jun 13, 2019.

1. LVS22 Win User

Changing email address when logging in without creating a new account?

I was gifted the lap top and still have to log in with their email - this was one of 2 of the laptops they bought as a pair. Is it possible (now i have my own microsoft account to change the email i log in with without having to back up and default? I just want to sync my microsoft account onto the laptop however I have just realised that even the main drive has the persons name attached to it.

:)

LVS22, Jun 13, 2019

2. Change email address without creating a New User Account

Hello Jordan,

Please follow the below mentioned steps to change your email address without creating a New User Account and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start/> Settings/>Accounts/>Your Account

• On the right pane click Manage my Microsoft account, which will take you to online.

• Select Your info from top menu, then click on Manage your sign-in email or phone number. Enter your email account password, when it prompts to do and click Sign-in

• Again it will ask you to verify your Identity through Alternative email address or by
      Phone verification, which will send you a authentication code accordingly.

• Once you enter the verification code push Submit, then click
      Set it up later when it ask for device setup.

• Under Account aliases, click Add email and choose the email either through
      Create a new email address or Add a existing email address, then click
      Add alias

• On completing this, click on Make primary next to the desired email address to make it primary alias.
    You're done with change your email address. Reboot your PC for changes to take place. This procedure won't change or wipe your personal files or settings, instead it will change your email address. Going forward you will be communicated and alerts
    will be sent to new email address. If you want to remove the old email address, then you can do the same by clicking on Remove without any issues.

Let us know how it goes.

SujataMoktan, Jun 13, 2019
  3. email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Jun 13, 2019
  4. Changing email address when logging in without creating a new account?

Changing administrator email address

Hi Nooren,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) How do you access the Windows computer? Do you use Microsoft account or local account?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open PC settings, and click/tap on Accounts on the left side.

• Click/tap on your account on the right side, click/tap on the More account settings online link at the top of the right side.

• If this PC or device is not a trusted device, then you will be prompted to enter and submit a security code sent to your phone or alternate email address.

• In Internet Explorer, or your default web browser, click/tap on the Add or change aliases link under Account aliases.

• Click/tap on Rename under your (primary alias).

• Click/tap on Yes, rename my primary alias.

• Sign in to your Microsoft account with your new email address and password. You can close the web browser when finished.

• To Create a New Email Address to Use as your Primary Alias

• Select (dot) Create a new email address as your primary alias.

• Select if you want a new hotmail.com, live.com, or outlook.com address.

• Type in a name you want, click/tap on Rename primary alias
    9. Click/tap on OK.

Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

Changing email address when logging in without creating a new account?

1. Changing email address when logging in without creating a new account? - Similar Threads - Changing email address

2. Changed old email address to a New email address on Microsoft account. Now old email...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changed old email address to a New email address on Microsoft account. Now old email...: I changed my Old Email id on Microsoft account to a new one. I then realized that the OLD email id is linked to my Laptop. When i try to put the password to verify in setting Microsoft login says my Old Email id does not exist. please help. im worried if i turn my Laptop off...
  3. Changed old email address to a New email address on Microsoft account. Now old email...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changed old email address to a New email address on Microsoft account. Now old email...: I changed my Old Email id on Microsoft account to a new one. I then realized that the OLD email id is linked to my Laptop. When i try to put the password to verify in setting Microsoft login says my Old Email id does not exist. please help. im worried if i turn my Laptop off...
  4. Changed old email address to a New email address on Microsoft account. Now old email...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Is it possible to change the email address for my Microsoft Account to a new email address?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to change the email address for my Microsoft Account to a new email address?: My mother 83 years created an old Microsoft email address @live.com when she first started using the Microsoft IM. She has used it as the email address for her Microsoft account ever since it was required, but she never used it for personal email or read any email that was...
  6. Is it possible to change the email address for my Microsoft Account to a new email address?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to change the email address for my Microsoft Account to a new email address?: My mother 83 years created an old Microsoft email address @live.com when she first started using the Microsoft IM. She has used it as the email address for her Microsoft account ever since it was required, but she never used it for personal email or read any email that was...
  7. Is it possible to change the email address for my Microsoft Account to a new email address?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. Can I change my account email address without access to that email?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can I change my account email address without access to that email?: I am losing my email address soon (NOT an outlook account), and when I went online to change it on my Microsoft account, I am told that I have to wait for a 30-day wait period before account changes can be made. "This site requires a security code to sign in. When your...
  9. Change account email address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change account email address: My account show an old email address - how can I change that to mt actual email address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/change-account-email-address/633506c1-cfe0-4c18-8547-426cbd59c01b"
  10. Change sign in account (new email address) ?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change sign in account (new email address) ?: I have a new email address so I want my Microsoft sign in to be this email and not my old one. Does anyone know what to do and how to transfer existing purchases to this new email so that signing in to Windows 10 uses my new email as the administrator? 28259