Windows 10: Changing Explorer Default Action

Discus and support Changing Explorer Default Action in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For htm files, the default windows action is Open. Click on it and it opens the file in your browser. Problem is I don't want to do this. I want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by davefaz, Nov 11, 2016.

1. davefaz Win User

Changing Explorer Default Action

For htm files, the default windows action is Open. Click on it and it opens the file in your browser. Problem is I don't want to do this. I want to edit the htm file, but I can't seem to find anything to change the default. This doesn't seem to be an option anywhere. I could probably find the answer in the Internet if only I knew what the question was! Can anyone help here?

:)

davefaz, Nov 11, 2016
  2. Entegy Win User

How to scan Microsoft Tag?

Carriers have the ability to change the default search action and some of them have chosen to change the Bing app. There might be a setting in Internet Explorer (Open IE>tap the ... at the bottom right of the screen>settings) to change it, but other than
    that I don't think there is a way to get back to Bing.

Entegy, Nov 11, 2016
  3. I have an HP computer with Windows 10. I had professional photos taken and placed on a CD. I inserted the CD and nothing happened. I was expecting it to show up in my files. help.

Open File Explorer

Open This PC

Select the CD

Click the Manage tab

Click Autoplay

You can change these settings

Press Windows key + R

Type: control

Hit Enter

Open Autoplay

Scroll down to CDs

Click in the Choose default list box then choose a default action.

Click Save.

Andre Da Costa, Nov 11, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Nov 11, 2016
Thema:

1. Changing Explorer Default Action - Similar Threads - Changing Explorer Default

2. Change default action when connecting a USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change default action when connecting a USB: when you put a usb stick example in outlet you get a black box up asking what you want to do with this device. How can you change your choice to something else[Original Title: usb]...
  3. Change the default file explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change the default file explorer: I recently downloaded “files” from windows store, its a more modern and simple file explorer. Is it a way to change the default file explorer? submitted by /u/CandidSchedule1281 [link] [comments]...
  4. Changing default File Explorer.

Changing default File Explorer.: How can I change the default File Explorer in Windows 10? The legacy Explorer takes too long to load some files in a folder, so I'm using an alternative (Files UWP Preview). It's better, load times are shorter so I've decided to change the default explorer to Files UWP (if...
  5. change default file explorer?

change default file explorer?: Recently I found and installed an app called Files UWP and while I like it very much, I can't find any way to make it my default file explorer submitted by /u/KibSquib47 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hh2stm/change_default_file_explorer/
  6. Default Actions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Default Actions: How can I change the default actions taken when plugging in USB devices? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-actions/d26e20ea-7007-4296-9813-32faca0edb64
  7. Change Windows default email action?

in Browsers and Email
    Change Windows default email action?: I used Gmail in Chrome to send/receive my email. When I click on an email address that is on a website or anywhere else, Windows by default opens it's own email window and wants me to use that rather than Gmail to send & receive messages. I want no part of that and would like...
  8. How to change Function/Action keys default?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change Function/Action keys default?: Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer has developed a little glitch where every time I turn it on it switches the function keys to default, instead of the special action keys. I've tried switching it in settings but it does nothing. I've tried switching it in the Bios...
  9. Change Drag and Drop Default Action in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Drag and Drop Default Action in Windows: How to: Change Drag and Drop Default Action in Windows How to Change Default Drag and Drop Action in Windows [img] Information When you drag and drop files and folders in Windows, they will get moved or copied by default based on the source and destination locations....
  10. Change Lid Close Default Action in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Lid Close Default Action in Windows 10: How to: Change Lid Close Default Action in Windows 10 How to Change Default Action of Closing Lid in Windows 10 The Power Options lets users specify the default action to take when the laptop (system) lid is closed. Users can specify one of the following actions to...