Windows 10: Changing Favourites order in Edge

Discus and support Changing Favourites order in Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Is it possible to change the order of Favourites so that the latest are first, not last? 128158 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by clayto, Mar 2, 2019.

1. clayto Win User

Changing Favourites order in Edge

Is it possible to change the order of Favourites so that the latest are first, not last?

:)

clayto, Mar 2, 2019
  2. osmodia Win User

Favourites in Edge

No, it's not really answer at all.

I have a 50 x 28mm screen and on Internet Explorer I reduce the bar to about 20mm wide, all I need to see is the first two or three letters of the listed favourites in order to select them.

I do a lot of research on genealogy and have a lot of connected favourites, all I have to do is just glance to the left and pick what I want.

Internet Explorer can do it, why not Edge?

osmodia, Mar 2, 2019
  3. Microsoft Edge favourite bar

Hi.. 1 I am referring to the favourite or bookmark bar on the Edge browser

2 No changes made

3 On the Edge browser only

4 No trouble shooting steps

Many thanks

Les

Les Lowther, Mar 2, 2019
  4. Changing Favourites order in Edge

Moving between favourites in Edge

Sorry, but this doesn't really answer my question. I had no problems importing my favourites (can't remember if from Outlook or BT Mail now) and I don't have a problem with them being listed in Edge in simple A-Z alphabetical order.

I'll try and restate my question: with the Favourites list in IE, if I want to go to a Favourite starting with say letter H I only need to type H for the cursor to move to the first Favourite starting with letter H. Dead simple and it saves a lot of time.
    Is there a similar shortcut with Edge favourites, please? If not, could MS please add one?

AndrewBanks#keyboard, Mar 2, 2019
Thema:

Changing Favourites order in Edge

1. Changing Favourites order in Edge - Similar Threads - Changing Favourites order

2. Edge Chromium not saving Favourite changes

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium not saving Favourite changes: I am using Microsoft Edge Chrome, Version 84.0.522.61 (Official build) (64-bit) up to date. Win 10 v 1909 build (10.0.18363) I have imported my old Edge favourites and they appear in an Other favourites folder. The functionality of the new Manage favourites seems OK until I...
  3. Lost Favourites in Edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost Favourites in Edge: Hello, I've just lost all my Favourites in Edge for seemingly no reason at all. The only thing I did was renew a subscription to CCleaner, without doing any kind of cleaning. Just paid the money. I've been through a number of processes suggested on the net with no effect...
  4. Favourites bar in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Favourites bar in Edge: I would like my favourites bar in Edge to contain all the same favourites I have in Internet Exploer but after using settings/import favourites they dont appear. Is there a fold I can copy and paste them into or is there anotherway? 121748
  5. Syncing Edge Favourites

in Browsers and Email
    Syncing Edge Favourites: I have used Firefox for years and it's hard to find much fault with it. But since converting to W10 I've mainly been using Edge as I wanted to understand it better. I've only run into one site where it just won't work but otherwise it's been fast and stable and I quite liked...
  6. Edge -Favourites -- no way to organise

in Browsers and Email
    Edge -Favourites -- no way to organise: Hi there When will Ms start realising that not everybody wants a browser that looks like it was designed for a mobile phone or a tablet. There's no way to organise the favourites unlike IE --even a simple sort is missing. You can create a new folder but why are we...
  7. Problems with imported Favourites in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Problems with imported Favourites in Edge: Hello. I have two problems with the Edge browser: First, I have imported my favourites from Google Chrome but not all of them have transferred. I have looked in the folder %localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\Favorite...
  8. Change order of bookmarks in Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    Change order of bookmarks in Edge?: Is there any way to change the order of the bookmarks in Edge? I can't seem to drag and drop anymore. Matt 14442
  9. Favicons in Edge Favourites Bar...

in Browsers and Email
    Favicons in Edge Favourites Bar...: Since the last update, all the favicons in my favourites bar have changed to a 5-point star. If I hide, then show the favourites bar again via settings, the correct site favicons re-appear, but then revert to stars the next time I open Edge. Any ideas, please? 30390
  10. Edge Favourites Bar

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favourites Bar: Has anyone managed to drag and drop the Favourites into the Favourites Bar? It will only work if you import Favourites from IE it seems. *Sad 15573