Windows 10: Changing File Attributes that are owned by Trusted Installer

Discus and support Changing File Attributes that are owned by Trusted Installer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Does anyone know if its possible to change the attributes (under properties) to "Hidden" if a file or folder is owned by TrustedInstaller? or will it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Karanza, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Karanza Win User

Changing File Attributes that are owned by Trusted Installer

Does anyone know if its possible to change the attributes (under properties) to "Hidden" if a file or folder is owned by TrustedInstaller? or will it simply not allow you to do so? The reason why I'm asking this question is because I remember back in Windows XP, you'd have to go to Folder Options and then click on show hidden files and folders giving you access to files that are hidden within the system.

I'm wondering whether or not if that is possible with Windows 10 (version 1809)?

Your help is greatly appreciated, Thank you! *Smile

:)

Karanza, Dec 7, 2018

2. Change file attribute to 'unhide'

Hello Walt,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the attribute of any file/folder to unhide.

Step A: Show Hidden files

1. Open Windows Explorer(win logo key+E) or My computer.

2. Now click on View on top of the window.
    3. Untick ‘Hidden items’ in the options.

Step B: Change file attribute

1. Once the hidden file is located, right click on the file/folder you want to change the attribute for.

2. Go to ‘properties’, untick the box facing hidden.

3. Now, Click on ‘apply’ and then ‘ok’.

Hope it helps.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Dec 7, 2018
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    File Attributes automaticly change in Windows 10

We appreciate updating us. It is also possible that the file attributes automatically changing is because of the application itself every time the file is accessed and the application has full control of it.

In the meantime, you can try removing the full control of the file by following these steps:

• Right-click the file then Properties.
    • Select Security tab and click Edit button.
    • Choose checkbox Deny, click Apply then OK and check if the issue still persists.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Dec 7, 2018
  4. Changing File Attributes that are owned by Trusted Installer

Trusted Installer

Hi Diane ,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you are facing issues when you are trying to delete files.

Trusted installer's main function is to enable installation, removal and modification of Windows Updates and optional system components.

For this issue, I suggest that you try to change the ownership of the file that you are not able to delete and check if the issue persist.

Please login to administrator account before performing the below steps.

Follow the steps mentioned below to change the ownership of the file or folder:

• Press and hold the folder that you want to take ownership of, then tap
      Properties
      . (If you are using a mouse, right-click the folder, and then click
      Properties.)
    • Tap or click the Security tab, tap or click Advanced, then tap or click
      Change. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    • Type the name of the person that you want to give ownership to, and then click
      Check Names.
    • Note: the account name for the person that you are assigning ownership to is displayed.
    • Click OK.
    • If you want this person to be the owner of the files and subfolders that are contained in this folder, select the
      Replace owner on subcontainers and objects check box.
    • Click OK.
    After trying all the above steps I would suggest you to try deleting the specific file which you weren’t able to delete.

Reply us if you have further queries we will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

Changing File Attributes that are owned by Trusted Installer

1. Changing File Attributes that are owned by Trusted Installer - Similar Threads - Changing File Attributes

2. File Attributes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Attributes: Hello. I was wondering if I reset my laptop to its factory settings, will all my files revert back to their original attributes hidden, read only, etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-attributes/eb32f7ce-d925-452f-a4a9-7cd8d2d7de28
  3. File Attributes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Attributes: Hello. I was wondering if I reset my laptop to its factory settings, will all my files revert back to their original attributes hidden, read only, etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-attributes/eb32f7ce-d925-452f-a4a9-7cd8d2d7de28
  4. File Attributes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Attributes: Even when I change the file attributes so they are not "read only", every time I shut off the computer and turn it back on, they revert to "read only". What can I do to stop this? It's so annoying....
  5. File Attributes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Attributes: Even when I change the file attributes so they are not "read only", every time I shut off the computer and turn it back on, they revert to "read only". What can I do to stop this? It's so annoying....
  6. File Attributes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. changing trust level in configuration file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    changing trust level in configuration file: greetings; please how do I change the "trust level in the configuration file"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-trust-level-in-configuration-file/0553b3cf-5a64-41c5-8c21-0c0f766e4655
  8. changing file and folder attributes

in Windows 10 Support
    changing file and folder attributes: Hi I have a large number of photos i need to tag, want to use the properties attributes, is there any way of changing the Location attribute, maybe an application ? Title & Subjest were easy....... Thanks 132033
  9. Trusted Installer files Trying to delete

Trusted Installer files Trying to delete: So my program files took up a lot of space on my 112gb SSD so i decided i wanted to move them to my 1tb hdd and me being quite nieve thought hey lets just drag and drop it obviously that didnt work so i turned to google. I found a couple of articles and one in particular...
  10. Auditing/Effective Access with a folder that is owned by Trusted Installer

Auditing/Effective Access with a folder that is owned by Trusted Installer: In windows 10 under properties -> security -> Advanced, can you audit or give effective access that is owned by TrustedInstaller or would you have to take ownership of that folder first before you can audit or give effective access to that folder? Please Note: I am not...