Windows 10: Changing file extension of all files in the folder

Discus and support Changing file extension of all files in the folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I don't know how to change extensions of all files in my folder. All files don't have any extension and I dont know how to do it with powershell. How... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LosPedros, Feb 26, 2019.

1. LosPedros Win User

Changing file extension of all files in the folder

I don't know how to change extensions of all files in my folder.

All files don't have any extension and I dont know how to do it with powershell.

How do I change it so all of them have extensions?

:)

LosPedros, Feb 26, 2019
  2. dark2099 Win User

Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Feb 26, 2019
  3. temp02 Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Feb 26, 2019
  4. Changing file extension of all files in the folder

File extension *.docx

Hi Randy,

To change the file extension when saving a document in Word 2013, you may follow the steps below:

• Click on File; then, select Options from the list.
    • In the Word Options window, choose Save.
    • Under Save files in this format, select *.doc from the list.
    • Hit OK button to confirm and save the changes.

If ever your Word 2013 application is not recognizing the changes you have made, you may restart the application; however, if the issue still persists, we suggest that you repair it. To do this, see this
    link.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

Changing file extension of all files in the folder

1. Changing file extension of all files in the folder - Similar Threads - Changing file extension

2. Changing a file's extension: disabling the "If you change a file name extension, the file...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing a file's extension: disabling the "If you change a file name extension, the file...: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19042.867] is there a registry key to get rid of it now ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-a-files-extension-disabling-the-if-you/dc219745-91fb-4c6b-9821-76fa22cf20c9
  3. All files encrypted by .contactus file extension

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    All files encrypted by .contactus file extension: Can you please help me all of my school documents are now encrypted by .contactus extension There was a readme.txt document which was not encrypted it had a message asking for $600 of ransom by bitcoin here is the message. note: !!!RESTORE_FILES!!! All your...
  4. File Extension Changes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Extension Changes: My wife tried to open an Excel file she attached to an email before she sent it to make sure it was the right one. That act then proceeded to try to open over 150 files. They were still scrolling across the top when the only thing I could figure out what to do was to sign...
  5. Delete all folders without files with a certain extension in them

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Delete all folders without files with a certain extension in them: Let's say I have a folder with around 200 subfolders in it. In some of those subfolders there are .pdf and .mp3 files, and in some of them .txt, .pdf and .mp3 files. Now let's say I want to delete all subfolders that DON'T CONTAIN .txt files. Is there a quick and clean way to...
  6. File extension changed

File extension changed: how can I recover my files that changed to .mado extension? is there any easy idea my all files are encrypted as .mado . How to decrypt ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/file-extension-changed/5eb5c4f3-acce-4907-9e10-857faaec0e1c
  7. Change file extension for Notepad ++

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change file extension for Notepad ++: Ran multiple searches and hard to believe this hasn't been covered but ... I need to find 'Change Program' in the list of file extensions under Default Programs>"Associate a file type or protocol". Thank you. P.S. Also if the site's search can't find Notepad ++ (with or...
  8. Prandel Virus affected and all file extension changed

Prandel Virus affected and all file extension changed: How to remove Prandel virus from computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/prandel-virus-affected-and-all-file-extension/1c2f1984-9697-4beb-b1b7-9664f6844bf2"
  9. Changing all files with no extension in the folder using powershell

Changing all files with no extension in the folder using powershell: I don't know how to change extensions of all files in my folder. All files don't have any extension and I dont know how to do it with powershell. How do I change it so all of them have extensions?...
  10. How to change a file extension

How to change a file extension: How do I change a file extension or file type in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-a-file-extension/f430aae6-5a42-4b76-b2f4-f45a21f6c8a8"