Windows 10: Changing file format in access from .mdb to .accdb

Discus and support Changing file format in access from .mdb to .accdb in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hello office users, I have an access database created in MS Access 2003. My PC has Office 365 with Access installed now. I am able to view the .mdb... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by bcloonan, Nov 12, 2018.

1. bcloonan Win User

Changing file format in access from .mdb to .accdb

Hello office users,

I have an access database created in MS Access 2003. My PC has Office 365 with Access installed now. I am able to view the .mdb file format however, I want to convert to the .accdb file format. I followed instructions on how to do this through an MS article. I found that i needed to decode the data. I was successful in doing this. The file shows up in the file directory with the .accdb file format. However when I attempt to open the file i receive a flash message telling me the file is in use. It is not. Any ideas out there? The database was created around 2005 by another individual who longer lives in the area. *Sad*Confused

:)

bcloonan, Nov 12, 2018

2. Microsoft Access Database (.mdb) file

Thank you, Andrze for information pertaining to "Convert a database to the .accdb file format"

CharInCincy, Nov 12, 2018
  3. Microsoft Access Database (.mdb) file

Hi Andrze,

If you're running Microsoft Access 2007 or newer (2010, 2013, or 2016), then the best way to convert an MDB file is to first open it and then save the open file to another format.

Just click the link below

Convert a database to the .accdb file format

hope this helps.

Nathaniel_M, Nov 12, 2018
  4. Changing file format in access from .mdb to .accdb

User accounts in VB2005 from MS Access

I wasn't suggesting moving the result of the replace back to the textbox.

More like Dim sqlString As String = "INSERT INTO USERS ([USERNAME], [PASSWORD]) VALUES ('" & replace(textbox1.text, "'", "''") & "', '" & replace(textbox2.text, "'", "''") & "')".

And I think the whole issue was the closing bracket I forgot *Smile Changing file format in access from .mdb to .accdb :) At least with Accdb (2007) files you don't have to use those [Access brackets] when accessing data from .NET. Not sure if that's forced with mdb files though.

DanTheBanjoman, Nov 12, 2018
Thema:

Changing file format in access from .mdb to .accdb

1. Changing file format in access from .mdb to .accdb - Similar Threads - Changing file format

2. Can't open or recover Access mdb file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open or recover Access mdb file: I can't access my Access file that I had worked on and saved. I already did my work, saved and the file was opening nicely, but I do not know what happened. It stopped opening and if I try to delete the file it says, it is open in the Access database, but it is nowhere. I...
  3. Can't open or recover Access mdb file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open or recover Access mdb file: I can't access my Access file that I had worked on and saved. I already did my work, saved and the file was opening nicely, but I do not know what happened. It stopped opening and if I try to delete the file it says, it is open in the Access database, but it is nowhere. I...
  4. Windows 10 + access MDB file shared in windows 2012R2 server access to slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 + access MDB file shared in windows 2012R2 server access to slow: I have several computers with windows 10 Pro, running applications that access MDB files that are in a network drive in a windows 2012R2 Server.The programs run very slow.The same computer computer with Windows XP runs the applications with no problems, same network...
  5. Windows 10 + access MDB file shared in windows 2012R2 server access to slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 + access MDB file shared in windows 2012R2 server access to slow: I have several computers with windows 10 Pro, running applications that access MDB files that are in a network drive in a windows 2012R2 Server.The programs run very slow.The same computer computer with Windows XP runs the applications with no problems, same network...
  6. Windows 10 + access MDB file shared in windows 2012R2 server access to slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Unrecognized database Format mdb access file after update windows 10 version 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unrecognized database Format mdb access file after update windows 10 version 2004: After update windows 10 version 2004 - all my applications dont work, and I can't read the table data in Visual studio 2019. The access file is a mdb 2003 file that is replicated. If the mdb file is not replicated there is no problem, byt i need this replication otherwise...
  8. changing a file format

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    changing a file format: I am trying to change an email file into a different file format so I am able to upload it to a company https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-a-file-format/54867f08-bcaa-419b-aada-2c6b5e3a26d7"
  9. how can i open an Access file (mdb) as an administrator?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how can i open an Access file (mdb) as an administrator?: how can i open an Access file (mdb) as an administrator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-open-an-access-file-mdb-as-an/bd77bf69-2c0b-461d-8052-1e79eb4c7b5d"
  10. converting Access .mdb back-end to MySQL?

in Windows 10 Customization
    converting Access .mdb back-end to MySQL?: I'm investigating converting my Access program back-end to MySQL and am looking for information about what would be involved and what, if any, changes it would require on the front-end. I'd appreciate just references to respected information sources. Gordon...