Windows 10: Changing File Properties (i.e. moving Subtitle to Title)

Discus and support Changing File Properties (i.e. moving Subtitle to Title) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Is it possible to change the properties of multiple files in a single process? For instance, moving Subtitle to Title on a batch of mp3s which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BaldRicky, Jan 26, 2019.

1. BaldRicky Win User

Changing File Properties (i.e. moving Subtitle to Title)

Hi

Is it possible to change the properties of multiple files in a single process? For instance, moving Subtitle to Title on a batch of mp3s which would be too long-winded to do one at a time.

I wondered if there was a DOS command using something like ATTRIB to reset file properties in a directory. Or maybe I could generate a batch file to process each file individually. (Although that would also require me to be able to generate a text file of filenames.) I just to know the format of any relevant command line to achieve this.

They may well be a Windows program in existence already.

Regards

Rick

:)

BaldRicky, Jan 26, 2019

2. Displaying subtitles

Hi,

My name is Angel. I am an Independent Advisor. Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow these steps: to select subtitle file in videos:

-Normally, the app attempts to search for subtitle file associated with the video file playing. But if it can’t find it, or there is other subtitle file you want to use, just click the subtitle icon on the control bar (it’s between play button and volume button),
    then select “Choose subtitle file”

-Now browse for the subtitle file and you’re done!

Hope the information provided is useful. If the issue persists, reply here and we will be glad to help you.

Angel.

AngelCarreno, Jan 26, 2019
  3. Windows 10 : How can I get info such as title and subtitle into mkv files?

Original title: File details

Using standard facilities I can modify the details of an mp4 file merely by selecting properties and then typing the information into the various fields offered. I can type in the information in mkv files, but it is not saved. ts files will not accept any
    input.

How can I get info such as title and subtitle into mkv files?

Dave Gayler, Jan 26, 2019
  4. Changing File Properties (i.e. moving Subtitle to Title)

How do I change generic titles of media files in Windows Media Player and Groove Music in Windows 10?

Hi Mary,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below step and check if it helps:

Step 1: We recommend you to change the music file title and check the result. To do this, try these steps.

1. Open the music file location.

2. Right click on the music file and click properties.

3. Click the Details tab and change the Title description.

4. Apply the changes.

5. Play the music file and check the difference.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

Changing File Properties (i.e. moving Subtitle to Title)

1. Changing File Properties (i.e. moving Subtitle to Title) - Similar Threads - Changing File Properties

2. File path in file explorer moved to title bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File path in file explorer moved to title bar: By the way, I don't know if this in the correct category, but I assume this is personalization related. In file explorer, the file path used to appear on top of all the files, under the options bar on top, and I was able to click on the files in the path to go to them....
  3. Properties can no longer be moved with the file.

in Windows 10 Support
    Properties can no longer be moved with the file.: Recently after my update to 21H1, I keep getting this "1 interrupted Action" information pop-up when I try to move a file from my desktop to another location on the hard drive or external USB. The same "1 interrupted action" pop-up occurs even when trying to use the copy and...
  4. Problem changing Title in file properties, subject changes also

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem changing Title in file properties, subject changes also: When i change the title in a file properties it changes the subject to the same and i think vice versa how can i prevent this thanks i did post this elsewhere but was in a tutorial so guess that was wrong, sorry 178188
  5. changing file properties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    changing file properties: how can i change a WEBP file into a JPG file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-file-properties/e67e8077-f13f-4910-ba58-69ad61363ad8
  6. See document titles and subject properties in file explorer

See document titles and subject properties in file explorer: I would like to be able to see the Title & Subject properties of the documents listed in a folder while in Window 10 file explorer. I have already tried to do this by adding those columns to the view in the explorer window, to no avail. Anyone have any other...
  7. title e

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    title e: i just saw a webcam thing in the bottom right of my taskbar i hovered over it and it said your location is being tracked im kinda confused about this and dont know what it is submitted by /u/JUST399TODAY [link] [comments]...
  8. Windows 10 properties -wont’ save changes in MP3 File Details such as Title, Contributing...

Windows 10 properties -wont’ save changes in MP3 File Details such as Title, Contributing...: Windows 10 properties -wont’ save changes in MP3 File Details such as Title, Contributing artist, Album artist parameters. All properties functioned perfectly in Windows 7 for years, but Not in Windows 10 If you add text to Title for example and say OK and close it. Then...
  9. How do you change a file properties to show "title" in the MS Explorer?

How do you change a file properties to show "title" in the MS Explorer?: I am trying to change a file's property by addressing the "title" of the document in MS Explorer... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-change-a-file-properties-to-show-title/36f0c241-6654-4a00-9dec-07084a7ffc48"
  10. The subtitles and titles are in chinese and i want it it english

in Windows 10 Customization
    The subtitles and titles are in chinese and i want it it english: i enstalled a language on my device for learing purposes and now i am not using it anymore i want to get rid of it. the chinese language is showing up as subtiles and some titles I have a surface laptop and its occuring everywhere. Moved from : Surface Laptop / Display...