changing file size for trash bin recycling in Win10

Discus and support changing file size for trash bin recycling in Win10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, the trash bin (or recycle bin? Sorry, I dont have the english version) takes files up to a certain size. Everything above that size is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dispalor, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Dispalor Win User

Hi all,

the trash bin (or recycle bin? Sorry, I dont have the english version) takes files up to a certain size. Everything above that size is automatically deleted without being recycled. For example, you delete a 10MB-PDF and it disappears into the trash bin. If you delete instead a 1GB-Movie, it is deleted without going into the trash bin. Inlcuding a window "this file is too big for the trash bin, it will be deleted instantly" (or whatever that message is on an english windows).

That is fine. But the filze size must be changed on my system. How do I do that? On my system the trash bin takes only files up to 40MB, which is way to small for my taste. This is NOT about changing the size of the trash bin.

:)

Dispalor, Jul 5, 2018
  2. Jan Del Win User

recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Jul 5, 2018
  3. Sanwin2 Win User
    Recycle Bin

Your question is somewhat confusing. Right-Clicking on the Recycle Bin icon and selecting Empty Recycle Bin will delete all the files in the Recycle Bin and no others. Unless you are in the habit of keeping all your files in the trash (Recycling) Bin
    then your other files should not be touched.

Sanwin2, Jul 5, 2018
  4. John Vil Win User

Recycle Bin

Hi,

The Recycle Bin shouldn't automatically empty unless it reaches it exceeds the maximum space available on it. Another reason why this is happening may be due to third party anti virus programs or applications that manages your computer. To better assist you,
    kindly answer the questions below:

• When did this issue start?
    • Did you install any antivirus programs/applications recently?

To adjust the maximum size allowed in the Recycle Bin, simply right click on the program and select
    Properties. Under Recycle Bin Location, click the location of the Recycle Bin you want to change (likely your C drive). Uncheck the option
    Don't move files to the Recycle Bin. Remove files immediately when deleted and then click
    OK.

We'll be waiting for your response.

John Vil, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

1. changing file size for trash bin recycling in Win10 - Similar Threads - changing file size

2. Changing file association

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing file association: Adobe acrobat reader is associated with ascm files. I need to change the association so that I can open an ascm file with Adobe digital reader so that I can read a book. Thanks...
  3. "Change Icon..." yields a Medium-size icon only when I select an ICO file -- why and how do...

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Change Icon..." yields a Medium-size icon only when I select an ICO file -- why and how do...: I have valid ICO files (created from PNG files by IrfanView from the Windows Store). If my desktop icon view is set to Large icons (right-click on desktop -> View -> Large icons) and if I right click on a shortcut on my desktop, select Properties -> Shortcut tab -> Change...
  4. Excel file text formatting completely changed after 7/10/2108 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Excel file text formatting completely changed after 7/10/2108 update: Opened some years-old .xls personal files that I use and update on almost a daily basis just now, and was dismayed to see everything about the displayed text and column formatting had changed completely...even the font on the worksheet title tabs. Is there a good way to...
  5. changing file size for trash bin recycling in Win10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    changing file size for trash bin recycling in Win10: Hi all, the trash bin (or recycle bin? Sorry, I dont have the english version) takes files up to a certain size. Everything above that size is automatically deleted without being recycled. For example, you delete a 10MB-PDF and it disappears into the trash bin. If you delete...
  6. Did the default Hibernate file size change for Win 10 ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Did the default Hibernate file size change for Win 10 ?: In Win 7 the default hibernate file size is 75% of RAM. I have 6 GB RAM, dual boot Win7-x64 and Win10-x64. 6 GB RAM shows as installed in both OS's (it's not a hardware reserved issue). Win10 set the hiberfil.sys to 2.39 GB. Win7 set the hiberfil.sys to 4.49 GB. Is...
  7. change swap file size ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    change swap file size ?: I am running rainmeter and it shows my desktop has 48-49% ram usage and 49% swap file usage. I currently have 4 gigs of ram, room to put 4 gigs more for a max of 8 gigs. Isn't that too much swap file usage ? I have tried to find in the tutorials, and on my computer,...
  8. Changing size of info box in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing size of info box in File Explorer: When I'm in File Explorer in the Pictures folder I often want to rename the caption on a specific photo. However, Windows 10 has increased the size/height of the info box & when I right click on a photo to open the box the box extends into the taskbar & I have to keep...
  9. change Windows 10 drag files (icon/cursor size)

in Windows 10 Support
    change Windows 10 drag files (icon/cursor size): When I drag a file to move to a folder in Windows 10, the icon that shows is so large that it hides the folder name. I want to know how can I re-size the icon that shows, or remove it altogether? (I tried the Folder Option "always show icons and not thumbnails, but its not...
  10. File size not reducing when changing image size

in Windows 10 Support
    File size not reducing when changing image size: I have a 16 mg image, 4500x3000. I resized all the way down to 100x100 and the file size won't change from 12.4 or so. This is true for all photos in a certain file I downloaded from online. They are appliance products. I tried downloading a random, even larger image from...