Windows 10: changing file size for trash bin recycling in Win10

Discus and support changing file size for trash bin recycling in Win10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, the trash bin (or recycle bin? Sorry, I dont have the english version) takes files up to a certain size. Everything above that size is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dispalor, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Dispalor Win User

changing file size for trash bin recycling in Win10

Hi all,

the trash bin (or recycle bin? Sorry, I dont have the english version) takes files up to a certain size. Everything above that size is automatically deleted without being recycled. For example, you delete a 10MB-PDF and it disappears into the trash bin. If you delete instead a 1GB-Movie, it is deleted without going into the trash bin. Inlcuding a window "this file is too big for the trash bin, it will be deleted instantly" (or whatever that message is on an english windows).

That is fine. But the filze size must be changed on my system. How do I do that? On my system the trash bin takes only files up to 40MB, which is way to small for my taste. This is NOT about changing the size of the trash bin.

:)

Dispalor, Jul 5, 2018
  2. Jan Del Win User

recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Jul 5, 2018
  3. Sanwin2 Win User
    Recycle Bin

Your question is somewhat confusing. Right-Clicking on the Recycle Bin icon and selecting Empty Recycle Bin will delete all the files in the Recycle Bin and no others. Unless you are in the habit of keeping all your files in the trash (Recycling) Bin
    then your other files should not be touched.

Sanwin2, Jul 5, 2018
  4. John Vil Win User

Recycle Bin

Hi,

The Recycle Bin shouldn't automatically empty unless it reaches it exceeds the maximum space available on it. Another reason why this is happening may be due to third party anti virus programs or applications that manages your computer. To better assist you,
    kindly answer the questions below:

• When did this issue start?
    • Did you install any antivirus programs/applications recently?

To adjust the maximum size allowed in the Recycle Bin, simply right click on the program and select
    Properties. Under Recycle Bin Location, click the location of the Recycle Bin you want to change (likely your C drive). Uncheck the option
    Don't move files to the Recycle Bin. Remove files immediately when deleted and then click
    OK.

We'll be waiting for your response.

John Vil, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

1. changing file size for trash bin recycling in Win10 - Similar Threads - changing file size

2. Set Recycle Bin size to default?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set Recycle Bin size to default?: 1 Windows 10. I understand how to make the Recycle Bin show or not show on the desktop, how to make files delete directly or not, and how to set the Recycle Bin size manually for each drive in its properties. But I see no way to return the recycle bin size to its *default...
  3. PRE-TRASH & Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PRE-TRASH & Recycle Bin: Hello y'all. So a few years ago while i was helping at an it dept I saw that in every desktop of every computer there was a PRE-TRASH Recycle Bin next to the real Recycle bin. the way it worked was that every file you "deleted" went into the pre trash one and, from there, you...
  4. Win10 Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 Recycle Bin: With Win7 I was able to bring up the recycle bin by clicking its desktop icon, and then I could restore any recently deleted items by clicking on their icons in that bin. Now clicking on the desktop bin just brings up files in File Explorer. My use of the recycle bin relates...
  5. How to change Recycle Bin Storage Size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Recycle Bin Storage Size in Windows 10: [ATTACH]The Recycle Bin in Windows 10 is used to store deleted files. It works as a safety net as it protects the files from getting […] This article How to change Recycle Bin Storage Size in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. win10 recycle bin issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win10 recycle bin issue: I can't open the recycle bin properties because when I right-click, it just keeps doing the loading thing, then blank screen then my desktop icons refresh, desktop icons all there, for example, doesn't end up opening the properties dropdown when i right click on recycle bin.....
  7. Size of Recycle Bin in OneDrive

Size of Recycle Bin in OneDrive: what is the maximum size of a file able to be deleted and moved to the recycle bin in OneDrive (web versión)? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/size-of-recycle-in-onedrive/11b14817-b5e1-44f4-ae1c-2abbaa3f612c"
  8. Trash Bin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trash Bin: Can't find my Trash Bin anywhere ! Windows 10 -PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trash/adc5bb47-d541-4305-aef1-173560680b14
  9. trash bin

trash bin: ?? I can not find it on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trash/d62b3ed6-a5ff-4a24-92ce-3f4dec75ed03"
  10. changing file size for trash bin recycling in Win10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    changing file size for trash bin recycling in Win10: Hi all, the trash bin (or recycle bin? Sorry, I dont have the english version) takes files up to a certain size. Everything above that size is automatically deleted without being recycled. For example, you delete a 10MB-PDF and it disappears into the trash bin. If you delete...