Windows 10: Changing File Type Views in Explorer

Discus and support Changing File Type Views in Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have many, many photo and video files separated into many subfolders. I'd like to change all of certain types of files to a different view: all video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by C0mputerBatFr1end, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Changing File Type Views in Explorer

I have many, many photo and video files separated into many subfolders. I'd like to change all of certain types of files to a different view: all video files to extra large icons, for instance. The trouble is, I don't want to change the icon for the subfolders they're contained in themselves to extra large icons. (I know, it's really nitpicky and particular.)

Is there any way to do a mass change to the view option for all of a certain file type without having to go in and change the view option on hundreds of subfolders individually? Thanks!

:)

C0mputerBatFr1end, Feb 20, 2019

2. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Feb 20, 2019
  3. Windows Explorer View - change default

Hi,

In order for you to change the view of Windows Explorer, follow the steps below:

• Open Windows Explorer.
    • Select the View Tab.
    • Click List.
    Let us know how it goes.

Eugene deV, Feb 20, 2019
  4. Jan Del Win User

Changing File Type Views in Explorer

File view changed since other day update.

Hi,

Changing the view of your files on the File Explorer window will allow you to access and locate the file properly depending on your preferred preference. We suggest following these steps to change the file explorer view:

• Open the your OneDrive folder/File explorer.
    • Right-click on an empty space.
    • Select View on the drop-down menu.
    • Select your preferred view type.

Changing File Type Views in Explorer 4330d219-289a-4867-86df-a26b382733d7?upload=true.png

Note: Each folder have it's own individual setting. That means each of the folder has it's own set up view that you may need to change manually.

Let us know if you have other queries

**If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.**

Jan Del, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

Changing File Type Views in Explorer

1. Changing File Type Views in Explorer - Similar Threads - Changing File Type

2. File Explorer home cannot change view

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer home cannot change view: I cannot change the view in file explorer home as it only gives me tiles or content view and when i switch between the two nothing happens. It always showed large icons which its not showing the option to change it to that and it keeps grouping them and are unable to be...
  3. Change the File Explorer default view of files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change the File Explorer default view of files: Sorry to ask what I am sure is a simple question, but I have searched the internet, and nothing I tried works, or if it seems to work, then after I reboot, the old default return. Specifically, whenever I open Windows 10 File Explorer and click on a folder, the files are...
  4. Changing views of folders and files in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing views of folders and files in File Explorer: New to Windows 10 here from Windows 7 and am having lots of difficulty adjusting to how to see my folders and files. For example, I don't want to see clusters of numerically named folders and files and then A-H, I-P etc. I want to see all folders on top, in order of date...
  5. Change type of view in Notepad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change type of view in Notepad: How do I change the type from cascading to something I can actually use ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-type-of-view-in-notepad/2d2d0b45-2088-49a2-ad31-cd35b023ec84
  6. Changing File Type Views in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing File Type Views in Explorer: I have many, many photo and video files separated into many subfolders. I'd like to change all of certain types of files to a different view: all video files to extra large icons, for instance. The trouble is, I don't want to change the icon for the subfolders they're...
  7. Changing File Type Views in Explorer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Changing File Type Views in Explorer: I have many, many photo and video files separated into many subfolders. I'd like to change all of certain types of files to a different view: all video files to extra large icons, for instance. The trouble is, I don't want to change the icon for the subfolders they're...
  8. File Explorer: Manually assign file types to set type of views?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer: Manually assign file types to set type of views?: I think I'll need a third-party app to do this, or back in the day we had custom super tweaks to windows that could do these things but... explained hopefully as simply as possible; In File Explorer I would love to have a way it knows what type of items are within that...
  9. Change 'When typing into list view' Action in Windows 10 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change 'When typing into list view' Action in Windows 10 File Explorer: How to: Change 'When typing into list view' Action in Windows 10 File Explorer How to Change 'When typing into list view' Action in Windows 10 File Explorer [img] Information In Windows, you can change the default action when typing into list view in File Explorer to...
  10. Windows file explorer view changed

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows file explorer view changed: Hello, Don't know what I did (or did not), however my file explorer view changed: before I had my drives, downloads, and recent folders at the most left side, and to the right I had the content of each item, e.g. folder or drive. Now I have something like in the attached...